Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 04:55:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which will be the first country who will accept bitcoin ?
Australia - 4 (18.2%)
USA - 1 (4.5%)
China - 4 (18.2%)
Germany - 1 (4.5%)
Others - 10 (45.5%)
Canada - 0 (0%)
Holland - 1 (4.5%)
italy - 0 (0%)
Spain - 0 (0%)
Russia - 1 (4.5%)
Denmark - 0 (0%)
Switzerland - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which will be the first country who will accept bitcoin ?  (Read 3461 times)
kenbytes (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:23:22 PM

witch country do you thing will be the first who will accept bitcoin official money as payment?

jeffthebaker
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:25:00 PM

Australia has already ruled Bitcoin as a currency. Honduras is using blockchain technology as a land claim registry. China (I think) was/still is using Bitcoin as an investment. In Liberland, Bitcoin might even be the official currency. Bitcoin is seeing usage from governments already.
Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:38:00 PM

Australia has already ruled Bitcoin as a currency. Honduras is using blockchain technology as a land claim registry. China (I think) was/still is using Bitcoin as an investment. In Liberland, Bitcoin might even be the official currency. Bitcoin is seeing usage from governments already.
Now it is only Liberland i think,first step has been done for btc to be a money in EU,but European Comission is very slow in legislation.Finally it will come.I dont know it will be positive or negative,if will be accepted like a money exchanges will have to get very costly financial licences,but btc will be recognised like a legal currency

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:42:37 PM

i am verry positive that europe or usa will accept bitcoin soon ...because it is unavoidable ..so many people start to using it every day ..

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:44:41 PM

Utah and New Hampshire are starting to explore the idea of accepting BTC for state taxes. Ultimately though it'll be converted to USD so it won't be much different than paying by a debit card. All the same it's a pretty berserk thought for those who've been around since the earliest days.
dreey

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:50:51 PM

i hope it will be germany !! Cool
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:54:35 PM

i hope it will be germany !! Cool

It won't!
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 06:57:24 PM

My prediction: the concept of a "country" will be obsolete by the time bitcoin gains majority acceptance in any of the regions that were once considered as such.

Vires in numeris
kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:00:07 PM

i think bitcoin will be a global curency

kenbytes (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:49:17 PM

My prediction: the concept of a "country" will be obsolete by the time bitcoin gains majority acceptance in any of the regions that were once considered as such.
My prediction is the concept of a country will never be obsolete, it is something that has withstood the test of time and isn't just going to vanish anytime soon.
i hope so ...

Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:02:47 PM

My prediction is the concept of a country will never be obsolete, it is something that has withstood the test of time and isn't just going to vanish anytime soon.

What, even including the entire epochs in the past when the concept of a country did not exist? You know, the vast majority of time itself? Word for the day everybody: solipsist

Vires in numeris
GODLIKE

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

LOL what you looking at?

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:12:00 PM

witch country do you thing will be the first who will accept bitcoin official money as payment?

As you can see in this scheme (sheet 2), the highest density of venues accepting Bitcoin are in Tampa and Kansas City, both USA.
In general, USA also has the highest number of users and venues on all territory.
Despite intuition, poor countries are not the first users that will gain access.
Poor countries have problems in buying a smartphone or a pc.
Other factors are more important, like tech savvy percent of population in example (that's why US is on top, together with Europe and other country with good income and instruction).
But I think that there will not be a real "first nation" adopting Bitcoin.
It will be a slow and steady adoption together in USA and Europe first probably, and following other countries like Argentina, Brasil, Mexico, countries that are not too poor but not rich either, and that have problems with their currency. The ones that are at high inflation but where population CAN actually buy a pc or a smartphone without collapsing.
A good case to examine is Greece: it's in Europe, it's not too poor, but despite this Bitcoin adoption in there is very very low. I think this is due exactly to poor pc penetration in the country: people are afraid of this "computer money" they can't understand, so they need more bashing before go and learn what Bitcoin really is.

BITCOIN FOREVER news aggregator: only the most important news on the cryptoworld!
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:54:54 PM

It's funny to see hopes and dreams here, of people dreaming about large countries with strong economy accepting bitcoin. The truth couldn't be more different,
because the first countries that will embrace bitcoin (if there even is to be ones) will be the most troublesome ones, the ones that failed with fiat.

I believe that we shouldn't even focus on countries, but rather at individuals, because countries drag along a trail of rules and obstacles with them, individuals do not,
and that is the true power of decentralization, and bitcoin with it at it's core.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

lolxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1032

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 08:57:04 PM

China will not use Bitcoin as a currency - Write it down..
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:41:33 PM

I think USA. Is much more popular there, and has more potential to be used massively.

Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:44:05 PM

Well the truth is that no country needs to accept Bitcoin for Bitcoin to succeed. All that they need to do is not ban it. Bitcoin doesn't need to become national currency, Bitcoin only needs to be a currency on the Internet.

As Andreas Antonopoulos has said, Internet finally has its currency, some 20 years later and together, Internet and Bitcoin are unstoppable. Internet is the only country that Bitcoin needs in my opinion.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:46:33 PM

I hope no country accepts Bitcoin as an official currency. Countries and government better stay put and avoid talking about, having opinions about or even trying to regulate something that can't be regulated... They shouldn't say yes or no to Bitcoin. They should say nothing at all...

That is a nice theory/concept Smiley

Well the truth is that no country needs to accept Bitcoin for Bitcoin to succeed. All that they need to do is not ban it. Bitcoin doesn't need to become national currency, Bitcoin only needs to be a currency on the Internet.

As Andreas Antonopoulos has said, Internet finally has its currency, some 20 years later and together, Internet and Bitcoin are unstoppable. Internet is the only country that Bitcoin needs in my opinion.

Couldn't have said it better Smiley
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:08:42 PM

Well the truth is that no country needs to accept Bitcoin for Bitcoin to succeed. All that they need to do is not ban it.

How incredibly convenient that banning it would be so incredibly ineffective.  Cheesy

Vires in numeris
deadlock1

Activity: 658

methodic madness

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:18:01 PM

Maybe Austria? (no, it's NOT the country with the kangaroos).

Because ist has the most bitcoin selling offices per 1000 inhabitants.

Watch here

Shocked Shocked Shocked

Ich hab heut Nichtgeburtstag! :-)
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:20:12 PM

Well the truth is that no country needs to accept Bitcoin for Bitcoin to succeed. All that they need to do is not ban it.

How incredibly convenient that banning it would be so incredibly ineffective.  Cheesy

I completely agree, they can't ban us, just like they can't ban the Internet, especially in the long run. But it would still cause us many unpleasant things in the short run. Confidence, price, everything would plummet. So the best is that they leave us alone. They don't need to accept us as currency but please don't ban us either! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: