Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:42:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ?  (Read 3241 times)
point0 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:37:15 AM

Hi,

I wonder If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? is there any good cryptocurrencies out there ? and you are planning to use ? or are you waiting for a new crypto ?

Thank u.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:47:59 AM

Define something bad. Bad things may happen, and Bitcoin still be usable and useful...

People would probably turn to Litecoin if Bitcoin stopped being usable
point0 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:56:05 AM

Define something bad. Bad things may happen, and Bitcoin still be usable and useful...

Thank you, i said bad cause i see lots of fights and problems thats why... sorry Embarrassed
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:44:17 AM

Thank you, i said bad cause i see lots of fights and problems thats why... sorry Embarrassed

Don't worry, after all that fight, the light will shine again.  Wink

slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:51:07 AM

Hi,

I wonder If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? is there any good cryptocurrencies out there ? and you are planning to use ? or are you waiting for a new crypto ?

Thank u.

probably something on top of ethereum
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:54:19 AM

If something bad happen to Bitcoin I will use Litecoin which is one of the oldest and popular cryptocurrency in the Internet. I Hmm.. I should really buy some Litecoin next month when I receive Bitcoin from BitcoinRush campaign.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:01:52 AM

The exact same or worse fights would happen with whatever crypto took over. All the others have the luxury of being niche or totally irrelevant so the pressure's off. BTC is taking the heavy hits because it actually counts at present.
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:02:14 AM

If something bad happen to Bitcoin I will use Litecoin which is one of the oldest and popular cryptocurrency in the Internet. I Hmm.. I should really buy some Litecoin next month when I receive Bitcoin from BitcoinRush campaign.

I think you may be right
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 02:10:55 AM

Nothing Happened to Bitcoin. But if any thing bad happen, its may be Doge Coin, Because there is stronger community backup for this Coin.
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:16:22 AM

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Wink no need to decide now as bitcoin is still alive and well.
hodedowe

Activity: 359
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:18:32 AM

I'd just go back to USD or EU. If Bitcoin can't make it nothing will. The general population will just turn off to cryptocurrency.

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:43:53 AM

bitcoins just the gun fodder so a proper p2p currency can take hold  Lips sealed

let the corporate, new world bankers types take it Wink
slaveforanunnak1

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:57:55 AM

I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.  Wink no need to decide now as bitcoin is still alive and well.

As long as we have one node and miner  running on core then the block-chain lives on!  This is what i see happening:

1. XT Is out everyone!! Herpa Derp! 75% lets jump on the Gav coin (peace be up on his name)
2. Two chains live on for a while, with core having much less hashing power. (potential for double spends, whatevs.. wait for 20 confirmations for expensive shit)
3. After a little while all the schmuck's who jumped on Shitcoin-xt start to see signs of even more centralization, black/white listing and other types of fuckary
4. Smart ones panic and sell, and dumb ones get stuck holding a bag of Shitcoin-xts   
5. True BTC gets the nodes/hashing power back
6. we all live on happily ever after without mike and gavin (peace be up on his name) and they can go hang out with magical tux.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 03:06:58 AM

As long as we have one node and miner  running on core then the block-chain lives on!  This is what i see happening:

1. XT Is out everyone!! Herpa Derp! 75% lets jump on the Gav coin (peace be up on his name)
2. Two chains live on for a while, with core having much less hashing power. (potential for double spends, whatevs.. wait for 20 confirmations for expensive shit)
3. After a little while all the schmuck's who jumped on Shitcoin-xt start to see signs of even more centralization, black/white listing and other types of fuckary
4. Smart ones panic and sell, and dumb ones get stuck holding a bag of Shitcoin-xts  
5. True BTC gets the nodes/hashing power back
6. we all live on happily ever after without mike and gavin (peace be up on his name) and they can go hang out with magical tux.

tba tis the way i've seen as likely too

even if xt seems a winner at one point, i think core will win in the end. i think there can't be any other way, no alt pretending to be btc is going to become btc, thats insanity.

there's always going to be users who never accept xt as bitcoin, they may not be the most vocal but there'll always be a good stab of purists.

bitbaby

Activity: 812

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 06:53:53 AM

even if xt seems a winner at one point, i think core will win in the end. i think there can't be any other way, no alt pretending to be btc is going to become btc, thats insanity.

Completely agree. It might not win in the first place but you're right even if it does win it will only be for a short while and people who choose it will bounce back to the original Bitcoin because there is and always will be one bitcoin and no altcoin can take it's place.

To answer your question OP, whatever happens with bitcoin I will always support only one cryptocurrency, which is Bitcoin.

nonbody

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

2local[IEO] - https://2local.io/

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:11:27 AM

Hi,

Thank u.
id look into litecoin and then maybe even doge coin Smiley but the price of btc would have to drop hideously for me to justify switching coins Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌
██████▀▐███████████████
░░▀███░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

2local
Sustainability and Prosperity.
Pre sale is going on
...J O I N...
...Whitepaper...
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
█████▀░░░░░░░░░░████████
▐█████▄████████░░███████▌
████████▀▀██████░░████████
████████▄▄█████░░░████████
██████████████░░░█████████
▐███████▀░░░░░░▄█████████▌

I   E   O IN Livecoin.net  Probit  P2pPb2b from 11/02/2020
2local Sale
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:20:20 AM

If something bad happens to Bitcoin, then I'll stop using crypto-currencies all together.  Grin

If the best crypto-currency is unable to survive, then how the others are going to do us any good? Death of Bitcoin will be the death of all crypto, period. Without Bitcoin, the crypto-currency payment method will be obsolete.
Next BillGates

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:26:04 AM

litecoin, dogecoin or monicoin for sure. If btc was dead Wink

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:33:02 AM

Something bad= Bitcoin will fail? Depends on the reason of failure I guess. But is it because the community fights each other so much and it would end a kind of online battle I believe that would be the end for cryptos as we know it now reach mass adoption.
Centralized solutions would take it over and nothing would have changed.
Kind of dark prediction right? Cheesy
Sorry but that is what I feel at the moment.
nero987

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:51:16 AM

If something bad happens to Bitcoin, then I'll stop using crypto-currencies all together.  Grin

If the best crypto-currency is unable to survive, then how the others are going to do us any good? Death of Bitcoin will be the death of all crypto, period. Without Bitcoin, the crypto-currency payment method will be obsolete.

I was thinking exactly the same... It's strange that it took almost 8 hours for this reaction to come  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: