Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 07:31:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ?  (Read 3239 times)
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 08:53:35 AM

I cannot see bitcoin disappearing from the map,there is just too much invested in it at this stage.

It might go through some changes but that is to be expected as it adapts to changing circumstances.

If I had to choose an alternative it would have to be Litecoin. I currently have Litecoin but not that much, about 15% in value of what I have in bitcoin. Will be buying a bit more to bring this up to around 40% over the next month or two.
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:02:02 AM

if anyhow bitcoin crashed or extint then I will go for the other altcoins.that's the alternative way where I can earn money and then all the system or traders will start accepting any other altcoin so that time we can see any new altcoin beciming popular and rising
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:19:14 AM

I cannot see bitcoin disappearing from the map,there is just too much invested in it at this stage.

It might go through some changes but that is to be expected as it adapts to changing circumstances.

If I had to choose an alternative it would have to be Litecoin. I currently have Litecoin but not that much, about 15% in value of what I have in bitcoin. Will be buying a bit more to bring this up to around 40% over the next month or two.

Too much invested to see it fail?
Dude this billion dollar of venture capital investment is nothing. I have seen 10-fold of that burned in other industries.
worldinacoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:20:20 AM

At the moment, I wont use any other except Bitcoin
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 11:50:29 AM

Hi,

I wonder If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? is there any good cryptocurrencies out there ? and you are planning to use ? or are you waiting for a new crypto ?

Thank u.

Litecoin because it is the second biggest and most secure one.

eyeknock

Activity: 381

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 11:55:15 AM

Hi,

I wonder If somthing bad happend to bitcoin what cryptocurrency will you use ? is there any good cryptocurrencies out there ? and you are planning to use ? or are you waiting for a new crypto ?

Thank u.

nahhh cmon nothing will happend with bitcoin, you need to dont loose faith Smiley

btw in the worst case if this finally happend, dont worry, you will notice whats the best cryptocurrency ATM...
fenican

Activity: 1394
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:34:05 PM

42 is the obvious choice
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:42:56 PM

i think i would use litecoins as it is one of the most popular cryptos out there even though i dont know if its a good choice
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:58:06 PM

If that will happen..i'm seeing 3 altcoin..litecoin..dogecoin ang ethereum
juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:16:44 PM

If that will happen..i'm seeing 3 altcoin..litecoin..dogecoin ang ethereum

If bitcoin were to fail, you would surely have to go POS like NXT peercoin or even Ethereum if it ever gets off the ground
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:23:12 PM

If bitcoin were to fail, you would surely have to go POS like NXT peercoin or even Ethereum if it ever gets off the ground

I think at this moment in time 'failure' will be related to its trust being destroyed, not anything technical. You can have the greatest tech ever but if it doesn't attract the trust and faith of people then it'll forever remain on one hard drive.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:32:21 PM

Hi,

Thank u.

Nothing bad will happen to bitcoin. But if I will use the substitute of bitcoin in the market. Which will have the better share in the market, which will have the better price in us dollars or euro compare to other coins that will be the coin I will use.
Coinshot

Activity: 521

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:03:13 PM

If something happened to bitcoin so bad that u can't use it anymore, i wouldn't touch other crypto even with an isolated stick.
You need to understand that loosing faith and security in bitcoin means that every crypto is going to be abandoned, since they are all created on
bitcoin's image. But regardless of that, even in that scenario, i would still collect as many bitcoins as i could, since it has become a sort of habbit of doing so Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:08:06 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 04:20:21 PM by n2004al

You need to understand that loosing faith and security in bitcoin means that every crypto is going to be abandoned, since they are all created on
bitcoin's image.

It is true this. Every coin is something like a clone of bitcoin. Not a case every coin is connected with price with bitcoin and not with fiat money (with very low difference). But this doesn't know that is bitcoin have some stupid things and will be destroyed or destructed all then coins will have the same destiny. This maybe may be the occasion for them to be in appearance.
GreanT

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:12:17 PM

bitcoins just the gun fodder so a proper p2p currency can take hold  Lips sealed

let the corporate, new world bankers types take it Wink

But I fear if Bitcoin doesn't make it, it's replacement will be a Jp Morgan or bank of america block chain. New world banker types won't just try to take Bitcoin, they want it all.
balu2

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:14:57 PM

Unobtanium, no doubt. Very small and clean chain due to low numbers (not even 1GB after 2 years running), secure network and 3 minute blocks does three times or more what btc does in tps - and faster - and less inflationary. I'm asking myself since ages why people don't switch to it and instead go through the pain with the bitcoin halving and high inflation. It's basically a faster bitcoin with lower max coins and less inflation. Unobtanium is Bitcoin on steroids. Also miners would need to go somewhere with their hardware and Uno is second strongest sha-network after btc.

Alternative Primecoin runs like clockwork. Fast, reliable, very good coin to sink money into. Never hardforked to my knowledge. Backed by botnet power - these lights don't go out.

Both coins huge unrealized potential imo - and i have looked at a lot of coins, man. All the rest is fucking crap for being a store of value (which is, i think one of the main purposes of a currency).

Also people have to go somewhere immediately in case btc fails, not in 2 or 3 years. We don't have time to wait for promises or new coins. We have to take what's on the market now when btc fails. I think the crypto-landscape could be much more interesting again for speculators after a bitcoin fail. Overall marketcap probably will drop to the floor for a little while but later we'll see healthy competition and good pumps i'm sure.

Altcoins need to step up their game.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1127

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:29:40 PM

If you mean bitcoin will lost its value, then I dont want to use any cryptocurrency again, since I think bitcoin is the strongest cryptocurrency. But if you mean bitcoin will be changed to new cryptocurrency which it is better and stronger, then I will prefer to use the new one.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 04:37:15 PM

Litecoin. Is fast and quite established, which shows that there is some interest in it. And like the name  Smiley

rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 04:38:10 PM

If bitcoin get lowered,I will try to switch for another stable altcoin coin Like Litecoin or Stellar for example.
But IMO if bitcoin lowered, another altcoin will also got lowered either
SimpleIn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:20:05 PM

If something bad happens to Bitcoin, then I'll stop using crypto-currencies all together.  Grin

If the best crypto-currency is unable to survive, then how the others are going to do us any good? Death of Bitcoin will be the death of all crypto, period. Without Bitcoin, the crypto-currency payment method will be obsolete.

I was thinking exactly the same... It's strange that it took almost 8 hours for this reaction to come  Tongue

In this case, many people have come a real panic. Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: