Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:28:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy the most profitable 60Mhs A2 Farm Boy LTC miners, replace old Zesu  (Read 8198 times)
kae1078

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

Kupla Kudos Coming Ur Way!

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:32:55 PM

I shoot an email to Innosilicon but no avail, pls. acknowledge.
Inno_ASIC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 108

Innosilicon ASIC official representative

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 06:48:47 PM

Thanks for your inquries. To answer all,

1. It could happen that one of your mail was regarded as spam by mailbox filter in rare case, if that happens, sorry,  so it is important that you send to all 3 email addresses as indicated in our original announcement just to be sure mail is received. For that rare situation, one of our 2 mailbox will likely to pick it up. Pls make sure you send in 2nd times also if you saw no reply. thanks

2. Paying by bitcoin is fine and our representative will get back to you on the conversion amount. Wiring is our 1st preference since we have to pay factory in real time.

3. Shipping cost varies based on DHL rate, we have a shipping volume discount from them. But DHL does change their shipping charge day by day and we do have to call in for every different deal. A2 terminator has PSU and is heavier. For USA & Canada, DHL 3 to 5 day shipping, I would say around $200, for Russia or eastern European countries, maybe $280 , western European countries cheaper. But don't count my words for exact shipping cost, its just ball park number, I just wanna give you some ideas. For Farmboy, it is lighter and cheaper to ship for sure.

4. For support, our guys/girls are not native speakers but they are toastmaster members, reasonablely fluent, honest, patient and well educated. For parts or replacement, pls email  Chloe at zhangq@innosilicon.com.cn. We have record of buyers and will serve those who bought our official miners. Other source of A2 miners if not QAed and registered by inno, you need gain support from them.

5. We only have limited supply of A2 Terminators 110Mhs now, we will not make more of them since margin is so thin and it is very hard to swap PSU for different region and maintain. In the near future, A2 Farmboy is probably the main stay unless you have strong opinions otherwise.

Thanks all and enjoy,

Innosilicon Mining ASIC official Account
CartmanSPC
Legendary

Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:27:48 PM

I believe godaddy is blocked by china. If you host your email domain with godaddy that may explain why you might not get a response.

cdtbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 03:46:44 AM

The thing about the Farm Boys (which is kinda funny to say, considering I'm from Indiana) is that, even if they are 40% lighter and shipping is 40% cheaper due to the power supply not shipping with it, and even if the power supplies are 40% cheaper, which is a big assumption on my part, they still wouldn't be more profitable than the A2 Terminators because they're still less efficient, presumably because there are more fans running relative to the hashing speeds.

In case anyone wants to check my math on that...

Terminators:
830watts => 110 MH => 7.55 w/MH

Farm Boys (set of three):
1,770watts => 180 MH => 9.83 w/MH

So, at least for me, it doesn't make any sense to go with Farm Boys over Terminators, and I'd much rather just have a Terminator that ships without the power supply.

By all means, adjust the margin if you need to, but selling me a less efficient machine makes no sense in the long run.

P.S. It'd be nice if they were all easily rack-mountable ;-)

AyaCoin - The Ayahuasca Cryptocurrency Token (whitepaper)
hdmediaservices

Activity: 630
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:49:51 AM

Hmm - interesting.  So the fans use that much wattage?

One would think the noise would be soo much louder?

The A2 Terminators make noise -- but the Zeusminers are loud.

cdtbtc
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 04:00:44 AM

Hmm - interesting.  So the fans use that much wattage?
Yep - according to the OP, they use 590W each unit.

One would think the noise would be soo much louder?
All the more reason to host em, IMHO ...unless you're only running one or two, maybe.

Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 04:53:09 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 05:53:55 AM by Inno_ASIC

Guys, correction, All official A2 production machines from Inno have similar power efficiency though, at the wall conservatively (newly updated)

A2 Terminator 88Mhs version consumes around 830W,        Price: 820 US, one to start, PSU included
A2 Terminator 110Mhs version consumes  around 1050W    Price: 1K US, one to start, PSU included
A2 Farmboy 60Mhs version consumes  around 590W           Price: 0.5K US, 3 to start, PSU not included, if u need PSU, we can quote you, why buy it internationally?

Fans consume so little power comparing to hashing that we don't have to count them Smiley

So there is no real power difference. Note just like Intel CPU varying from chip to chip, A2 ASIC also vary from batch to batch so power can go up and down 10% depending on which corner the ASIC landed in.  Our ASIC fab will call that normal process corner variation.

Is that Clear?

kae1078

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:55:01 AM

I have received an email already and they offer a good discount in set of 5, I only wish to buy 1 just for a trial and hope they would allow to sell 1 miner, either of the 2 (88 mh/s or 110 mh/s)
kae1078

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:58:34 AM

Guys, correction, All official A2 machines from Inno have similar power efficency,

A2 Terminator 88Mhs version consumes 880W,
A2 Terminator 110Mhs version consumes  around 1100W
A2 Farmboy 60Mhs version consumes  around 600W

Fans consume so little power comparing to hashing that we don't have to count them Smiley

All At the Wall, so there is no real power difference. Note just like Intel CPU varies from chip to chip, A2 ASIC is different sometimes batch to batch variations so power go up and down 10% depending on which corner the ASIC landed in.  That is the fab precision matter that is in a range.

Is that Clear?

Hi Inno_Asic,

Those 3 miners that you mentioned, can you please state the price here in the forum.
Only if it is possible?
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:10:19 AM

Those 3 miners that you mentioned, can you please state the price here in the forum.
Only if it is possible?

He has the price posted after each one; $500, $820 and $1k respectively.
Inno_ASIC (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 05:12:11 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 05:55:15 AM by Inno_ASIC

Pls read our above post again. Our plan is to empty our stock on A2 Terminators now and only make Farmboys in the future. Terminators are too heavy and too expensive to support. Everytime we receive a PSU maintainence email, we will scratch our head, J! Better leave PSU outside in the future. Lot of computer store and internet sites to buy them cheap and locally. Used power supply tends to be very cheap and they are easy to obtain used! All in all, it is you call.

cdtbtc
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

Pls read our above post again. Our plan is to empty our stock on A2 Terminators now and only make Farmboys in the future. Terminators are too heavy and too expensive to support. Everytime we receive a PSU maintainence email, we will scratch our head, J! Better leave PSU outside in the future. Lot of computer store and internet sites to buy them cheap and locally. Used power supply tends to be very cheap and they are easy to obtain used! All in all, it is you call.
Aaah, thanks for clarifying. I'm checking with my miner host to confirm, but I was originally told that my 110MH model was drawing 830W. If the 1050W figure is accurate though (and I assume you'd know this), the numbers would shake out to...

Terminators:
830W => 88MH => 9.43W/MH

Farm Boys:
600W => 60MH => 10W/MH

...which still makes the Terminators more efficient, though barely (and at best, the same). I suppose that's not taking into account the 10% power variance, which I'm hoping you can clarify, actually. Aren't all the ASICs in the same location from board to board? And if not, wouldn't it be smart to figure out what the optimal location is and then just stick with that so that there isn't a 10% variance?

Another factor is the density of the machine. At 4Us, Terminators already weren't very small or dense, but it seems the Farm Boys would be almost half as dense.

Terminators:
110MH/4Us = 27.5MH/U

Farm Boys:
60MH/4Us = 15MH/U

It sounds like this is intentional, but I'm not sure you realize this will very likely make hosting more expensive.

I welcome your feedback.

cdtbtc
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 05:28:06 PM

FWIW, my current host is Toomim Brothers, which I'd say is fairly authoritative on the subject, and their opinion was that "Yes, the A2 Terminators are very heavy. The steel they use for the case is much thicker than necessary, and the aluminum heatsinks are also larger than needed. If they had a better design, they could be a quarter the weight and an eighth the size."

Jonathan also elaborated on the 10% power difference:
"There is a lot of variation in how silicon gets doped during the etching and doping processes of making transistors. As there are two types of transistors on a CMOS silicon chip (n-channel and p-channel MOSFETs, depending on whether the dominant charge carrier is negatively or positively charged), there are two separate dimensions for how much doping a chip can have. More doping results in faster chips that have more leakage current. Less doping results in slower chips with low leakage current, but which might need more voltage. The speed of the N and P MOSFETs can be described as a position on a rectangle, and placement in some of the corners results in worse performance or energy usage than others."

daveolake

Activity: 415
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:59:24 PM

My 3 are on there way... should be here Thursday... will have pics and write up over weekend- or Monday, Tuesday.
cdtbtc
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:00:59 PM

My 3 are on there way... should be here Thursday... will have pics and write up over weekend- or Monday, Tuesday.
Looking forward to it! If you don't mind me asking, which PSU's are you getting for them?

daveolake

Activity: 415

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:35:14 PM

Looking forward to it! If you don't mind me asking, which PSU's are you getting for them?
I have some new ones I bought when I had a hashra order, thankfully got all my money back...I'm going to use Evga supernova 750 B2 power supplies. I have 10 on hand.
charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:24:45 PM

Guys, correction, All official A2 production machines from Inno have similar power efficiency though, at the wall conservatively (newly updated)

A2 Terminator 88Mhs version consumes around 830W,        Price: 820 US, one to start, PSU included
A2 Terminator 110Mhs version consumes  around 1050W    Price: 1K US, one to start, PSU included
A2 Farmboy 60Mhs version consumes  around 590W           Price: 0.5K US, 3 to start, PSU not included, if u need PSU, we can quote you, why buy it internationally?

So there is no real power difference. Note just like Intel CPU varying from chip to chip, A2 ASIC also vary from batch to batch so power can go up and down 10% depending on which corner the ASIC landed in.  Our ASIC fab will call that normal process corner variation.

Is that Clear?

A2 Terminator 110MHs consumes around 1050W only with older version (longer) boards inside. With PCB version 3 and 4 it consumes aprox. 100W more.
And there is another problem, your PSU inside is usually only 1000W, which is insufficient for frequency 1200MHz (needed for 110MHash)...
charles2k

Activity: 326

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:41:48 PM

My questions:
1/ boards inside are the same as in A2 Terminator 110 ?
2/ boards inside are new or used ?
3/ how many 8 pin PCI-E connectors needed? 4 for each board?

Thanks.
MarkAz

Activity: 687
Merit: 511

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:56:27 PM

3/ how many 8 pin PCI-E connectors needed? 4 for each board?

One extension off of this - can you use just 6-pin PCI-e connectors, since the additional 2 pins are just grounds?  Some of my Terminators came from the factory like this (using 6-pin connectors plugged into 8-pin sockets on the blades).

Oh, and also can you use the Raspberry Pi as the computer to run this, instead of the WR703N?  I would prefer it if I could run my custom firmware.  Wink
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 02:54:29 PM

Can you run one by itself, via a PC? Just thinking if possible to buy 3 and split them up between my friends and I.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: