Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:21:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Miner on Windows Phone  (Read 4755 times)
ANON.PURGED (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 01:10:38 PM

Is it possible ? Or no i found that app on Windows Store
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6122

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:24:15 PM
Merited by Mkmanik (1)

I googled little bit and here what I found : https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/bitcoin-miner/9wzdncrdhxb6 but  it would be a waste of time just like with Android and iOS , you will just screw your battery and power of your phone , just leave it mate

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
BurgerKill

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:33:47 PM

Don't. It's literally a puny little phone against large machines built for mining bitcoins. The only thing you'll be doing is wasting your battery life and phone. If you want to really start mining then it'll take a lot more than a phone to get something out of it.
sakira

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 01:52:35 PM

mining advised not to use the phone, the result is not too large and will accelerate the life of your telepone.
maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:43:07 PM

This will make the phone work to a much higher rate than it was designed for. It will likely overheat and break faster, and the rewards are not likely to compensate.

giustone

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:51:04 PM

Hi,

If you want to make bitcoin, mining on your phone,you will make very little.
You can use faucets,and you will earn more than mining bitcoins with your phone.

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:56:15 PM

I wouldn't try it. most people don't even mine bitcoin using their PC anymore because it's not profitable. using phone to mine btc is even worse.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:59:05 PM

This will make the phone work to a much higher rate than it was designed for. It will likely overheat and break faster, and the rewards are not likely to compensate.

I have done a few programs on the phone where I ran 24x7 and most are surprisingly well built.  Sure I did kill a few phones.  But overall most lived.  The program I was using pretty much died so I have stopped this a while back.

But mining on a phone really does not make sense.   Just is not enough power to make it worth while.
Hexcoin

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:35:12 AM

mining bitcoins using computer or laptop died long time ago, computer have more hashing power than a mobile phone so thinking to mine using any kind of mobile phone is just a waste of time and it will only kill your phone
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:50:36 AM

mining bitcoins using computer or laptop died long time ago, computer have more hashing power than a mobile phone so thinking to mine using any kind of mobile phone is just a waste of time and it will only kill your phone
mining using your phone is just a waste of time and killing your phone at the same time think of your eletric bill.. You'll charge your phone more than 3-5x a day.. No way.. You cant make a big profit using pc and how bout phone..lol
lahm-44

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:59:53 AM

cool i didn't know that windows phone can mine crypto currency too..well its rather just a waste of resourse like ehat we find with the android and iso but then also it good that windows phone developers are also intrested in this Smiley
Next BillGates

Activity: 235

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:02:50 AM

OP, if you don't want your mobile, please at least give it to me. Don't mine with it. Sad

Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:34:52 AM

Brilliant idea, but phones don't have enough processing power to do the mining in a timeframe that would ever pay you...it would be a painfully long time (if at all). Do you know anyone with solar power? Set up a system with that person (because of electric is so cheap).

Good luck.

favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 06:58:50 AM

you can mine with every device. however, you won't make anything, but you will damage your phone in the process.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:13:10 AM

you can mine with every device. however, you won't make anything, but you will damage your phone in the process.

This is true you can do it by hand, but it would obviously not get any reward.  My favorite is the nintendo doing it - http://retrominer.com/

So it is possible to mine on a LOT of devices.  It is ROI math that comes in important.   Sadly now asics are pretty much as must on bitcoin mining.
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 07:15:15 AM

This is true you can do it by hand, but it would obviously not get any reward.  My favorite is the nintendo doing it - http://retrominer.com/

So it is possible to mine on a LOT of devices.  It is ROI math that comes in important.   Sadly now asics are pretty much as must on bitcoin mining.

oh wow, retrominer is pretty nerdy! thanks for the mention, I really like it. will never ROI or make money, but still a cool thing Cheesy

Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 09:31:08 AM
Last edit: October 23, 2015, 07:15:33 AM by Amph

at this point it's vastly better to go play with faucets and automatize it through a bot or something, then damaging your device(but i believe they will go in protection, so there is no really the need to worry about this) and playing a mining game which is pointless at this point

any mining activity is useless, especially with current price, with every not-large mining activity(like farm)
favdesu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:11:30 PM

any mining activity is useless, especially with current price, with every not-large mining activity

yep, fully agree with you. you're better of with some economical POS (Proof of Stake) coins.

Metadextrous

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:13:57 PM

Even if you have the app you don't have the POOWEEERR to win against the whole network computing power, it is a bad idea and a bad way to drain your battery for nothing.
TTMNewsMJ

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 06:29:30 AM

I haven't try it.
I don't know if it is impossible.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: