Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:11:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a bankroll funder for Pai Gow poker website  (Read 567 times)
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:47:30 PM

So I want to build a web application to give me some work to do. I am going to build the backend of the website using the CakePHP framework. I want to have my own classic Pai Gow and Progressive Pai Gow games. The ideal partner will have an experience in PHP and MySQL, as well as understand the CakePHP Framework I want to use. I intend to do most of the programming because I want the learning experience. All I am really asking from my partner is the money to fund the website and supervise me along the way. Compensation can be worked out. At the moment, I have no money to invest into the site now, but once I have it up, the more work I get the more I can invest into the site.

I am installing Dreamweaver on my computer now and I am getting to work on the project.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:55:51 PM

My concern with the fact that you are seeing this as still a learning exercise is a possible security issue. If you accidentally leave a security hole of some sort, it would leave the investor(s) possibly without recourse. Are you planning on requesting or performing a thorough security audit?

It might be possible for you to program a mechanism for crowd funding the bank roll by allowing anyone to invest.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
tommorisonwebdesign (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:40:53 PM

My concern with the fact that you are seeing this as still a learning exercise is a possible security issue. If you accidentally leave a security hole of some sort, it would leave the investor(s) possibly without recourse. Are you planning on requesting or performing a thorough security audit?

It might be possible for you to program a mechanism for crowd funding the bank roll by allowing anyone to invest.
I could be able to do that part. This might definitely a big project, but I like the idea of coding the basic parts of the site with a more senior developer developing the real sensitive parts of the website. But I do like your idea of a crowd funding mechanism being implemented into the site. But as you pointed I may leave a security loophole without oversight.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:06:47 PM

I could be able to do that part. This might definitely a big project, but I like the idea of coding the basic parts of the site with a more senior developer developing the real sensitive parts of the website. But I do like your idea of a crowd funding mechanism being implemented into the site. But as you pointed I may leave a security loophole without oversight.

I can offer to do security testing (with access to a copy of the source code) on a working site (e.g. with testnet coins). However, that is nowhere near a thorough code review by an expert (I do a lot of development but mainly in Java and not much related to web)

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: