Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: dot.bitcoin tld  (Read 1150 times)
herbrich (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 08:48:22 PM

Hi Guys,

I am planning a new Top Level Domain with the name dot.bitcoin into the net to bring. What do you think of this idea. Who has interest please https://www.facebook.com/dot.bitcoin/ please like. On the side of the community is maintained at the current over everything else.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:40:17 AM

Hi Guys,

I am planning a new Top Level Domain with the name dot.bitcoin into the net to bring. What do you think of this idea. Who has interest please https://www.facebook.com/dot.bitcoin/ please like. On the side of the community is maintained at the current over everything else.

You're going to need far more than a bunch of Facebook likes for a TLD. Think TLD nameservers, $165K ICANN registration fee, upkeep, etc.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
herbrich (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:47:40 AM

This is only the first step, I'm going with little likes and press a Crowdfiunding start the financing for the IANA Gebüren and to obtain the server. Then the TLD goes quickly once everything is settled at the start.

It does not help a Crowdfounding start wen no one knows from the Kamp Ange. Therefore please also liken all and share.

I contact to get the necessary buzz during which par local media as multipliers.
Emerge
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:59:26 AM

I don't mean to discourage you, but you don't have any background.
You don't have any reputation, you're a newbie in the BitcoinTalk forums looking and promising
to use people's money to register a TLD. You have no actual contribution to the cause aside from
being the name to register it...

It would be great to see a .bitcoin TLD but honestly, you're not the man for the job.
herbrich (OP)

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:33:42 AM

Well may be that I do not long board in bitcoin's there but I'm am quite the right one for that matter. I dispose of sufficient technical expertise to build a DNS Cluster is able to provide a complete TLD.
Yofun

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:39:35 AM

I give you props for this idea. Just your not the first one with this idea.

Few things;

1. We don't know you.  Your not the man for this job. Sorry.

2. I don't think ICANN will even approve this. (or whoever)

If this gets approved then every other coin will attempt to get a tld for this coin. (.litcoin .dogecoin etc...) Too many...
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:42:54 AM

[snip]

If this gets approved then every other coin will attempt to get a tld for this coin. (.litcoin .dogecoin etc...) Too many...

Agree. It look imposible for us to have a .bitcoin domain in the near future. However, if someone actually have the privilege to create new TLD domain... It would be .crypto - since there is over hundred (or thousand) of cryptocurrencies.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Yofun

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:48:17 AM

[snip]

Agree. It look imposible for us to have a .bitcoin domain in the near future. However, if someone actually have the privilege to create new TLD domain... It would be .crypto - since there is over hundred (or thousand) of cryptocurrencies.

Good idea. That would work for all the coins. And imagine this.

bitcoin.crypto (btc.crypto)

dogecoin.crypto

All the coins would have a crypto domain. Then your other domains.
Delek

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Salí para ver

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 04:54:20 AM

.chain Cool

\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
-> delek.net <-
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Pages: [1]
  Print