Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:21:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcointalk.club taken down  (Read 895 times)
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1032

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:21:01 AM

Well, it was too good to be true, it was building nicely.

I had nice setup with good SSL....But it's gone, and for some reason, I cant restore anything, there is so much crap on the server I cant repair it. so I either start from scratch or give up.

I dont want to give up, so many people helped build it up.

so I will start again, It will be better security, maybe I made a big mistake.

But just to let you guys know, whoever did this, I will not be knocked down to your level, I have IP logs I will find you.

Kind regards, I will post when I am starting again.  Grin
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
h4nn1b41

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:34:24 AM

Sorry to hear that man!

Post the attackers info. We might help you find them!

Do you need any help with other stuff?
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:40:12 AM

Well, it was too good to be true, it was building nicely.

I had nice setup with good SSL....But it's gone, and for some reason, I cant restore anything, there is so much crap on the server I cant repair it. so I either start from scratch or give up.

I dont want to give up, so many people helped build it up.

so I will start again, It will be better security, maybe I made a big mistake.

But just to let you guys know, whoever did this, I will not be knocked down to your level, I have IP logs I will find you.

Kind regards, I will post when I am starting again.  Grin

@squall1066 , I can't access my account ,
You have specified an incorrect username. Please check your username and try again. If you continue to have problems please contact the Board Administrator.

I guess i can still be a MOD there , as i am always Kind to Bitcointalk.club

Electric Money

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:09:50 AM

Sorry for your troubles.  I would also like to see some logs if you care to share.  Your site was actually pretty cool, although I mainly visited for research and whatnot.  Wish I could help.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:24:42 AM

Well, I have had some sleep and coold down a bit now.

My site must have been worth it, there are more established "other" forums with much more content, (and poorer security) and they are still up,

I actually have a clue who this was, Luckily from the previous 1 million times I got scammed, my detective skills have improved.

chill, I feel better now, I have reset everything, removed private server keys and looking to get building again.
MarkMJ

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

one for one and 1 2 3

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 02:41:02 PM

Well, I have had some sleep and coold down a bit now.

My site must have been worth it, there are more established "other" forums with much more content, (and poorer security) and they are still up,

I actually have a clue who this was, Luckily from the previous 1 million times I got scammed, my detective skills have improved.

chill, I feel better now, I have reset everything, removed private server keys and looking to get building again.

Nice work but are only 160 members!

I'm RED and that's GOOD, i will never be GREEN and that's not BAD! there's no one i'd rather be than me.
DEV for cryptocurrency but I HATE forks
camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:31:17 PM

This is really a Bad thing happened with you. I'm very sad to listen this, I was doing a Job you, Should I continue?
zecexe

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:56:57 PM

What a waste of time and efforts for you and the others regarding to your site was taken down. Hope you can find that xit that messed up the whole thing. Btw, karma will haunt him tho, Cool
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 04:47:46 PM

Thanks for support, I think I know who and what happened, I feel a little responsible as I let a few people on to do different things, Things I thought I could not do, The background scrypt was on for a while which corrupted all backups I made I rotated on a 20 (1a day cycle)

So everyone knows, No data was uploaded, The database was not copied, it was corrupt, I am fairly confident no password or information was stolen.

It's jut me and one other tekky person I trust now, This will be the third release of this site, will anyone bother now..... Embarrassed

I try and make diversity for everyone, I even withheld advertising on this forum as I did not want theymos to think I was trying to steal his thunder, I have alot of respect for this forum. I just wanted to give another place to chat.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:02:03 PM

Nice work but are only 160 members!

it climbed up to 264 before it went down.

This is really a Bad thing happened with you. I'm very sad to listen this, I was doing a Job you, Should I continue?

can you hold for a bit, I am restarting from ground up, Thanks.

dang man. I wish you luck to get it going again.

Our banner ad deal is still active so that will help you get more traffic. Wink

Let me know if I can help in any other way.

Thanks alot  Cool

camelson
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:18:27 PM

can you hold for a bit, I am restarting from ground up, Thanks.

[/quote]

Ok will hold It, By the way already Posted it 500 + pages, Few Hour Ago.
squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:19:48 PM

To whoever sent 0.128 to my donation address, thank you soooooo much, This will go to good use,

kind regards.
FBCTorg

Activity: 395
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:29:42 PM

hi this sucks really, it happened to me too i had 20+ websites on one cpanel account, all gone because of hackers Angry
if i can recommend you try vps 2015 from ovh with plesk licence (it's really cheap) plesk has a great plugin which allows you to run automatic backups every day directly to dropbox. good luck
https://www.ovh.ie/vps/vps-ssd.xml

squall1066 (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 12:51:35 PM

OK, I am back up and building it again, Please come back everyone, I need you  Kiss

I am fairly confident i know who it was, not going to release this info as it was hidden fairly well, this was a top job.

not sure if it's worth taking legal action or just being sly.

I must have been worth attacking, I feel honoured.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: