Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I think I can score us a tidy discount if I can gather a group of buyers on these Cryptomatic watches Would You Buy one if you were in the market for an expensive Watch?  (Voting closed: September 22, 2015, 11:15:58 AM)
Sure I'd Buy One - 3 (42.9%)
No I Wouldn't Buy One - 4 (57.1%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gaging interest on a GroupBuy for some Exclusive Bitcoin Watches  (Read 567 times)
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 11:15:58 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2015, 11:30:29 AM by frankenmint

I'd really like one of these watches and I think others would too.  I am interested in determining if enough people here would also feel the same way and if so, I'll organize a group buy so we can all do our part to support the crypto ecosystem.  Yeah, these are expensive, but definitely an investment in my opinion.  Self winding, very nice, certainly an heirloom piece for the price they seem reasonable.   Well, I've given my points of view, lets see who else might be interested, OR let's just talk about cool BTC wearables in general.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:22:23 AM

Damn that watch is hot . How much are they worth anyways ? And where will they be ordered from ? Timeframe ?
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 11:29:12 AM

Damn that watch is hot . How much are they worth anyways ? And where will they be ordered from ? Timeframe ?

They're Just under 900 from Cryptomatic.io , I think I can get them to work with $830 if there's enough people interested.  They come in other colors as well.

And the Front face and URL to look at it yourself:

I know that there's a limited amount so I couldn't get a large group of a few hundred, maybe 60 I'd guess?  Once the group is locked in I think they could have them shipped immediately.  My goal is to get a discounted rate for us buying them together.  I feel confident that if a large enough group here were interested that I could collect a commitment from Cryptomatic to give us a discount rate on the watches, and I'd like to put together a group buy, in another thread if so.

monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 12:42:02 PM

Very nice looking but do they offer cheaper versions of the diy watch?  Also, what are the specs for this watch?
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:32:49 PM

Very nice looking but do they offer cheaper versions of the diy watch?  Also, what are the specs for this watch?

I don't think so.  I've got specs here:

The Cryptomat (Serial Limited Numbered) is a fully hand-crafted luxury timepiece that draws inspiration from traditional coins but was designed to honor the success of the Bitcoin cryptocurrency.

It is composed of a symmetrical 42-mm slick & sharp design case, with a unique complex patent-pending structure. It uses the highest quality Stainless Steel 316L, mainly used in the high tech & aerospace industries where maximum resistance to corrosion is essential. Extremely resistant and highly easy to polish, maintains its beauty even in the harshest environments. Subtly finished, combining three different polishing techniques: brush, satin, and gloss polishing finish.

The case is finished with wide symmetrical openings with anti-scratch and anti-reflex sapphire crystal at front and back, fine-tuned to ensure perfect water and moisture resistance, and incorporating a screw Crown with triple ribbons.

The Cryptomat features a fascinating multi-layered dial structure. Beneath the sapphire crystal, the hour indexes are engraved in binary digits instead of decimal, floating over a dial cut in the shape of the bitcoin symbol for a 3-dimensional effect. The hands are produced by a precise diamond cutting machine, assuring the highest and most accurate finish. The seconds hand incorporates the Bitcoin symbol.

Inside, The Cryptomat is powered by a beautifully finished and precise mechanical self-winding skeleton Made-in-Japan movement of 21 Jewels, with 21600 vibrations per hour and a 52-hour power reserve.

All models come with a matching 316L stainless steel strap with a butterfly clasp and an aditional classical leather strap.

At Cryptomatic we try to assure the highest of experience with our products: the beautifully conceived packaging has a secondary use; it's innings can be removed so it can be used as a desk chest. The packaging includes a unique registration card to proceed with individual registration of your timepiece assuring the certification and ownership of the specific Limited Serial Number.

Specifications
Function: Hour, Minutes, Second Hands at center.
Case: All Stainless Steel 316L with high quality PVD Red Gold coating, Anti-scratch and Anti-Reflex Sapphire crystals, front and rear, Screw Crown with triple ribbons. 50 meters water resistance.
Case Size: 42mm diameter / 12mm height.
Movement: Self winding Skeleton mechanical movement?- Caliber 8N24, 21 Jewels, Frequency 21600 vibrations per hour, Power Reserve 52 hours, international standard of tolerance +/- 10/20 Seconds per day.
PVD Red Gold Satin finish Multi-layered dial structure. hour indexes engraved in binary floating over a dial cut in the shape of the Bitcoin symbol.
Diamond cut hands.
All Stainless Steel 316L with PVD Red Gold coating strap with butterfly clasp.
Extra Genuine Leather with simple buckle.
Packaging includes tool set, two sets of extra screws for strap and registration card.

The Cryptomat has a 5-year international warranty.

Please notice this timepiece can only be purchased using Bitcoin crypto-currency. No other forms of payment will be accepted.

ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:14:55 PM

This seems like a lot for a watch that isn't even highly-technological or anything. What is the benefit of this (functionally) over others? I'm not seeing where the cost comes from.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
frankenmint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 06:17:35 PM

This seems like a lot for a watch that isn't even highly-technological or anything. What is the benefit of this (functionally) over others? I'm not seeing where the cost comes from.

I think build quality, materials, and profit margin are probably the big contributing factors. 

james.lent

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 01:37:02 PM

No doubt its attractive, but i think the price is a lil too steep for a custom watch.  Shocked
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: