Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:19:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safer Paper wallet - What do you think ?  (Read 1039 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6165

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:51:16 PM

Software will be Open-Source obviously since no one is going to run an .exe on a PC full of bitcoins  Roll Eyes

I got this idea , I'am not sure about the efficacy  and how safe is it from Keyloggers but I think in theory it should be fine .
Basically It would be a program written in C# that generate wallets obivously and print them .

It should work like the following :

Program generate private and public key and print them , however only public key will be visible to the user of the software which means a keylogger won't be able to catch it (Dosen't matter if it's clipboard , Audio recorder, video recorder or simple CaptureScreen or KeyStroke).

All will be made inside the program then the software simply print them directly (private and public keys) and also delete the printer cache so it dosen't leave trace of what it printed already and you would be safe .

Optional : once you printed , the software will add the printed adresses and check their balance and they will be on watch-only mode and once you receive anything .. well you get a notification .

I don't know if the idea sounds dump honestly , if it is then simply let me know if I could improve it to make something better .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:13:31 PM

Software will be Open-Source obviously since no one is going to run an .exe on a PC full of bitcoins  Roll Eyes

I got this idea , I'am not sure about the efficacy  and how safe is it from Keyloggers but I think in theory it should be fine .
Basically It would be a program written in C# that generate wallets obivously and print them .

It should work like the following :

Program generate private and public key and print them , however only public key will be visible to the user of the software which means a keylogger won't be able to catch it (Dosen't matter if it's clipboard , Audio recorder, video recorder or simple CaptureScreen or KeyStroke).

All will be made inside the program then the software simply print them directly (private and public keys) and also delete the printer cache so it dosen't leave trace of what it printed already and you would be safe .

Optional : once you printed , the software will add the printed adresses and check their balance and they will be on watch-only mode and once you receive anything .. well you get a notification .

I don't know if the idea sounds dump honestly , if it is then simply let me know if I could improve it to make something better .

How will you clear the printer cache of the printer itself? Some printers store jobs in nonvolatile memory.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:25:15 PM

There is some ways here if you scroll down : https://bitcoinpaperwallet.com/ , check out . I believe they could be done programmtically .
Program that I'am making is mostly for online attacks and and not offline and I assume that if you get attacked offline then your cold storage  (paper walletit self won't be safe either

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:38:33 PM

Any one guys please ?
Just let me know if this would be good idea or not at all so I start on the project already ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 08:34:30 PM

Start working on. I am looking forward to your "printer cache clear" feature.

Reynaldo
Legendary

Activity: 1143
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:02:21 AM

is this 2011? lol
check out the mycelium project..
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:15:30 AM

Start working on. I am looking forward to your "printer cache clear" feature.

ty for the support , hopefully I can do all I mentioned since I'am not that high level programmer

is this 2011? lol
check out the mycelium project..

Some people just don't have 30$ to spend on that product , Paper wallet is supposed to be the cheapest way and not expensive way to store bitcoins I believe. you could give suggestions instead if you think it's not good enough.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
bitbaby

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 07:40:21 AM

I'd want to know the key before I print them, I like to import the key(s) into an offline wallet like electrum to test that the keys and  address match each other before I send any funds to them because some time back I read somewhere that someone printed a paper wallet and due to some glitch or whatever the key and address were mismatched and the user lost some money because there was no way to recover the funds he send to that address. But still go ahead, I am sure others will like this feature.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: