Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:29:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I really hope that price will stay in current range for years  (Read 1616 times)
ask (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:12:37 PM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 06:06:47 PM by ask

Why?

Because people would stop looking at price only.  Speculators would leave the market  and coins would be distributed more evenly...
Fakhoury
Legendary

Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:31:36 PM

I doubt this will be honest, I will post a shortly in a new thread about a real-time sheet where the current annual growth of btc is between 50-45%.

This is without taking the effect of the halving yet.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:05:03 AM

I doubt this will be honest, I will post a shortly in a new thread about a real-time sheet where the current annual growth of btc is between 50-45%.

This is without taking the effect of the halving yet.

This is honest. Most of us are investing in bitcoin because we would like to earn as much as possible in shortest possible time. But we all know that this is not sustainable.

Better would be what everyone has only so much coins so price - even it is only 50 or 5 USD - doesn't makes any pain to him. And energy spent looking at graphs every day should be spend instead for educating other people who haven't heard yet about this really brilliant innovation.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:15:06 AM

I'm pretty sure btc will stay in its current price range at least until the next halving. It might not even break out then.
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:17:20 AM

Why?

Because poople would stop looking at price only.  Speculators would leave the market  and coins would be distributed more evenly...

If Speculators would leave the market with selling their coins ....... No .... the price will fall down with head to $20 .......
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:19:22 AM

I'm pretty sure btc will stay in its current price range at least until the next halving. It might not even break out then.

I am pretty sure that it could be inverse ............ price gonna fall down to under $100 and after halving going to above of $100 for midterm and then baking to under $70 again ..... i didn't like this and i hope that it will never happen ..... But it's clear for me ......
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:41:26 AM

people start opening threads asking when bitcoin will go back to +$1000 just because they bought themself some coins the previous day. it doesn't work like that. people don't have the patience to wait several months or even years. they want profit right now.
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:29:23 AM

people start opening threads asking when bitcoin will go back to +$1000 just because they bought themself some coins the previous day. it doesn't work like that. people don't have the patience to wait several months or even years. they want profit right now.

+1

... they want profit yesterday, not now Smiley
spiderbrain
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:55:04 AM

I think this endless down trend can only go so far, but if this XT thing really goes full retard I'll treat it as a great opportunity to buy back coins that I sold in '13. I used to have a nagging background worry about a collapse in the world banking system, bank accounts just being digits etc. Since owning some bitcoin, yes it goes up and down a lot, but you've always got the same digits tomorrow as you have today, doesn't matter how many insane cocaine addicted bankers are messing around with their TBTF system. It's a very relaxing hedge to have. I am actually very surprised more people don't own a few. It might flash crash below $100 but I think we're getting close to the bottom.

medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 10:32:10 AM

I really hope that price will stay in current range for years

Because poople would stop looking at price only.  Speculators would leave the market and coins would be distributed more evenly...

Bitcoin do not need high prices to be successful. I don't mind which price range, just be stable so merchants can price there product in bitcoin without the need to change it every few days.
ask (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:42:23 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 04:26:57 PM by ask

I really hope that price will stay in current range for years

Because poople would stop looking at price only.  Speculators would leave the market and coins would be distributed more evenly...

Bitcoin do not need high prices to be successful. I don't mind which price range, just be stable so merchants can price there product in bitcoin without the need to change it every few days.

Stable range is only possible when speculators are replaced by investors.
Mr.jatt

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:57:44 PM

Hoping this is good, but it will remain this much probably just till January 2016, when the XT drama will be over.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 06:42:44 PM

Hoping this is good, but it will remain this much probably just till January 2016, when the XT drama will be over.

I think it'll be over before then. There's a conference regarding scaling next month involving plenty of developers and a lot of the big players have come out in support of larger blocks. We'll likely know whether XT continues to grow as well. There's a strong possibility it'll tail off over the coming weeks.
medUSA
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1003

--Signature Designs-- http://bit.ly/1Pjbx77

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 10:35:01 AM

Stable range is only possible when speculators are replaced by investors.

Investors are speculators  Cheesy

We need bitcoin users. Users who buy bitcoin to spend and hold whenever is left. Merchants can convert what they received into fiat, as long as we have about the same amount of coins bought by users to spend, we can achieve equilibrium and price stability.
futureofbitcoin

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:14:17 PM

Why?

Because poople would stop looking at price only.  Speculators would leave the market  and coins would be distributed more evenly...
People will start to lose interest, and find other things to do. bitcoin will die.
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 02:39:56 PM

Then how will bitcoin ever grow? People will keep holding their coins thinking the price will rise but when it won't they'll just sell it and leave the bitcoin world for good. Currently, people love bitcoins as they hope to earn profit when the price reaches $1000 like 2 years ago but $200-$300 is not worth their wait.

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:15:06 PM

No, it isn't possible.
Bitcoin block halving is near, so miners will be selling their bitcoins in a high price and the price will tend to increase.

Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 05:29:30 PM

Why?

Speculators are the main force behind this market. If they all leave then the price could drop (eventually) to single digits.
I believe what the OP wants is ALL OTHER speculators to leave the market soon (before the halving), and come back after the halving, to hold his bag. Grin

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:49:33 PM

Speculation, drugs, commerce. That's likely to be the order of who's in this market and speculation verily dwarfs everything else by a country mile. If that goes then you'll have the exceptionally stable price of absolutely fuck all.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:58:38 PM

This is honest. Most of us are investing in bitcoin because we would like to earn as much as possible in shortest possible time. But we all know that this is not sustainable.

Right for the second place of i'm choosed to store life econmies.
The first argument (of Bitcoin) is, because ... law in my country can freeze and stealth life economies in a bank account.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: