Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you a religious person or not?  (Read 4713 times)
saturn643

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:13:08 PM

I wasn't ever really religious because I had issues with some of the ideas that Christianity has.
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 08:14:56 PM

I wasn't ever really religious because I had issues with some of the ideas that Christianity has.
Christianity isn't the only one you can choose you know.

Losvienleg

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Gloire à la Victoire !

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:19:53 PM

Which ideas in particular ? In general it's not as dictatorial as the Islam.

DickSwagger

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 07:38:24 PM

Difficult subject, as others views are generally not respected. But i believe that everybody is alowed their belief as long as they dont try to convert me im fine with it.
BiPolarBob

Activity: 378
Merit: 302

View Profile
September 25, 2015, 09:10:17 PM

Difficult subject, as others views are generally not respected. But i believe that everybody is alowed their belief as long as they dont try to convert me im fine with it.

Yes but you have to realize, they are trying to save you from enternal torment in hell. It's not an act of conversion, it's an act of mercy.

This might help you understand: Let's say your best friend is about to die, and you have the cure. He/she says "I believe there is no cure, but you can believe what you want as long as you don't try to change my mind."

This shows the flaw in your thinking.
DickSwagger

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 01:19:40 PM

Yes but you have to realize, they are trying to save you from enternal torment in hell. It's not an act of conversion, it's an act of mercy.

This might help you understand: Let's say your best friend is about to die, and you have the cure. He/she says "I believe there is no cure, but you can believe what you want as long as you don't try to change my mind."

This shows the flaw in your thinking.
Grin That is if i believed in a hell, and your friend is about to die and you have the cure, lol. Unfortunately your cure is a fiction of your belief. maybe.
michietn94
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 05:13:35 PM

Once I'm religious. But when I grown up , I'm realize that I pray for something that never exist.

God create us or We create God

AFAIK, solar system were being created by explosion that more can you learn on school lesson

FANSUNITE

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █

█ █
███
███
███
 ▄
 ▀
███
███
███
███
█ █
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:00:27 PM

Once you peel away all the fancy gloss paint and pretty wallpaper, underneath they are simply threatening people with "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell."

I ignore people that threaten me.

Once I'm religious. But when I grown up , I'm realize that I pray for something that never exist.

AFAIK, solar system were being created by explosion that more can you learn on school lesson
Well that doesn't disprove God. God could of created the explosion.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2015, 08:22:10 PM

Once you peel away all the fancy gloss paint and pretty wallpaper, underneath they are simply threatening people with "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell."

Well that doesn't disprove God. God could of created the explosion.

The biggest issue with religious debate is the constant use of burden of proof.

I would like people to convey purely constructive points as opposed to resorting to fallacies.

BiPolarBob

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:33:21 PM

Then your thinking is still in error. It's like me saying "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack."

And you rebuff with, I ignore people that threaten me.

-BPB
Buffer Overflow
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:43:12 PM

Then your thinking is still in error. It's like me saying "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack."

-BPB

It's completely and totally not like "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." at all, in anyway, shape or form.

"Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." is a valid argument because we have a mountain of evidence that suggests eating large amounts of unhealthy food is very bad for our bodies and does increase heart attack chances greatly.
In complete polar contrast "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell." has ZERO evidence attached to it. Since NOBODY knows what happens when we die, people claiming they do know and present it as fact, are simply LYING.

BiPolarBob

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:46:32 PM

-BPB

It's completely and totally not like "Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." at all, in anyway, shape or form.

"Don't eat McDonald's every day or you will get a heart attack." is a valid argument because we have a mountain of evidence that suggests eating large amounts of unhealthy food is very bad for our bodies and does increase heart attack chances greatly.
In complete polar contrast "Believe/join in my religious cult, or burn in hell." has ZERO evidence attached to it. Since NOBODY knows what happens when we die, people claiming they do know and present it as fact, are simply LYING.

You are going off in a different direction again so let me realign your thinking. I wasn't claiming anything about evidence (it's a matter of faith anyway), I was only claiming that it was NOT a threat.

Remember, a religion person doesn't say believe or *I* will send you to hell. They are simply educating you on the implications of your sinful nature (similar to eating McDonalds every day) and the consequence that results.

They are not thereating you, they are trying to help you.
bb2ebb

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:30:50 PM

I've never eat at McDonalds because the food at McDonalds can make my body be a obesity.  My experience eating in McDonalds shows that food in McDonalds very unhygienic
BiPolarBob

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:43:12 PM

I've never eat at McDonalds because the food at McDonalds can make my body be a obesity.  My experience eating in McDonalds shows that food in McDonalds very unhygienic

You won't become obese from eating it once, but you will suffer eternal punishment if you sin just once. There is a huge difference here.
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:45:22 PM

Not a religious person at all, I know how how to act with humanity (self taught)

Religion has been one of the main causes of wars through out the centuries, so it's not my thing.I once wrote this on another forum.

"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity"

Now think about that quote, act accordingly or reap what you sow.

EvilBible

And its gone.
bb2ebb

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:59:35 PM

You won't become obese from eating it once, but you will suffer eternal punishment if you sin just once. There is a huge difference here.

yes, sure. I won't become obese from eating it once. but found the fact who can scares me, that made me will not to do it again Smiley
High Plains Drifter

Activity: 289

"The fish rots from the head first"

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:21:35 PM

You choose the religion which is true, not one that suits you.  Catholicism is the true faith, all others are false.  Some are very false (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism etc), some are partially true and only have certain tenets which are false (Protestantism, Judaism). 

Believe in the Shield!
BiPolarBob

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:41:45 PM

You choose the religion which is true, not one that suits you.  Catholicism is the true faith, all others are false.  Some are very false (Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, Atheism etc), some are partially true and only have certain tenets which are false (Protestantism, Judaism). 

I would say even those that have matching tenets are still false, if they are not part of the real church (Catholic).
DickSwagger

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 06:43:07 PM

-BPB

You are going off in a different direction again so let me realign your thinking. I wasn't claiming anything about evidence (it's a matter of faith anyway), I was only claiming that it was NOT a threat.

Remember, a religion person doesn't say believe or *I* will send you to hell. They are simply educating you on the implications of your sinful nature (similar to eating McDonalds every day) and the consequence that results.

They are not thereating you, they are trying to help you.
If i need education i take a class or this case go to a church.
DickSwagger

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 07:32:44 PM

What if our perception of religion is wrong. What if its a guide on how to live so you can live fore-ever, but not through a external judgement. You know right from wrong so every time you feel bad through your actions you littlle by little weakening your soul or life force or whatever you want to call it. Bigger the wrong the bigger the loss. I doubt a perfect creation cant have that builtin. So maybe the what religion or the who's who in it is not the point at all, but rather the how to live. But mostly people tend to "believe" they are right and to be right somebody else must be wrong. And doing bad things in the name of good is acheiving something other than damning themselves. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: