Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 02:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOM KNC TITAN FIRMWARE! based off KNC's v2.00  (Read 9053 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:52:07 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:34:13 AM by GenTarkin

NEW RELEASE: v1.0.0 GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware - dated 3.3.16
-----------------------------

wait for it.....    Wait for It............  WAIT FOR IT......................

RELEASE of GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware v1.0.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-myaccount/ to obtain your FREE UPGRADE and license key(s)!!

New / Unverified previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-shop/ to purchase!!

RELEASE NOTES:

Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Added the long awaited “Energy Saver” feature – automatically tunes die voltages for highest effeciency while keeping the die stable as possible & hw% low. ~~MORE INFO http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/energy-saver-faq-help/ ~~
DCDC Over-Current protection – any DCDC’s detected above 46A will be issued a die reset, if that fails then die speed is clocked down significantly to prevent DCDC failure.
Long Term Stability checking for all dies – bumps voltage up on a die if it becomes unstable more than 2x in a period of 2 days.
Per RPI Cube Tracking – if cubes are added, removed or moved around their last known clocks and volts on a given pi will be restored.
Internet outtage / dead pool detection to prevent miner from constantly resetting itself.
Slight webgui redesign.
Product license activation.
Full Copyright & end user license information.
Much smaller installation file.

Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Full translation of webgui pages to 80+ different languages.
Logging file output format refined and also includes more timestamps now.
Optimized timing of die / cube soft and hard resets.
Fixed format of advanced.conf file not being updated properly when user changes/removes/adds cubes or manually sets dies OFF.
ADVANCED page now shows which dies(if any) are being throttled because of DCDC over temp threshold.
ADVANCED page now auto refreshes every 5 minutes.
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.
For “Energy Saver” implemented cross reboots internal data array tracking capability.
Ability for user to save Log Files to a file to be posted or emailed for diagnostic purposes. (This is part of the Energy Saver options).
Added BALANCE strategy to MINER page – this may work better than LOAD-BALANCE for some users.
Removal of BFGminer version option – in testing 5.1.0 works best with Titans – can re-add later on as an optional installation file if demand is high enough.
More fixes to KNC’s shoddy code.
And many more small fixes / improvements too numerous to list.

All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!

Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.

Verified Previous Customers: The upgrade to this firmware is completely FREE for the number of Titans the previous version was purchased. Additional Titans require additional license purchase. If you created an account here previously then you will find license keys issued to your account. **NOTE** If you have not created an account on this site and verified your previous purchases, please contact me - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
--
New Customers: Prices as detailed above.

***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to keep track of which license was used on your KNC Titan(s). An easy way to do this is create backups of your Titan(s) after activating, then keep record of which backup went to which Titan.

***PRODUCT NOTICE*** – upon purchasing / obtaining this software, the end user agrees to the license terms set forth here(this file is also contained in my firmware): gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/gentarkin_mod/LICENSE

-------------------

I recently purchased a KNC Titan... after reading about all the issues people had with keeping them up n running stable ... I was inspired to see if I could make the Titan more reliable. So, I set out to see if I could remedy one of the most common issues ...I have dumped weeks of coding into the KNC pi img that most people use to control their Titans. As a result is a project thats grown beyond what I originally saw and I have catered to the needs of several miners who've graciously donated. So, my contribution to LTC, KNC Titan miners n general is publicly available firmware improvements. If you feel u would benefit from this improvement, more than welcome to check it out here:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan

Key features:
1. DCDC overheat protection(configurable), will auto clock down dies which cross over user specified DCDC temp threshold.
2. "Sleeping die" reset implimentation - fixes dies who just go to sleep n disappear while mining, without needing to have to power cycle the whole rig manually.
3. Ability to choose between stock bfgminer 5.1.0 or bfgminer 5.2.0
4. More stats on webgui & other webgui tweaks
5. Improvements to KNC's original backup settings(saves voltages & clocks now)
6. "OTA" updates to latest release of my builds.
7. More to come... =)

Latest release: https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.98
After flashing the .img of my latest release, all further upgrades to new releases are accomplished by simply hitting the upgrade button on STATUS page where it shows the release version.

There are 2 "donation" or payment options to choose from
1. The .img posted on github has a built in .75% per 24hr period of mining for me.
2. Premium purchase which is $50 in LTC upfront. Contact vegasguy (member on forum here) for more details. He handles distribution n payment. (this has the .75% donation disabled)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:18:22 AM

UPDATE:
Now installable via SYSTEM -> UPGRADE...

If you are the stock v 2.00 KNC firmware or one of my older builds prior to v.98 , you can now use this file:

https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/download/v.98/upgradetitan_v98_don.bin

Simply perform a firmware upgrade using KNC's webgui & reboot.
It will take a good few minutes to install.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
mindtrip
Legendary

Activity: 1167
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:53:19 PM

The last few days I had some weird glitch with 3 of my titans

I saw nothing on the pool from the machine I logged into the web interface it looked to be mining and I just did a reboot then after reboot it started sending shares to the pool again just wanted to make you aware of it I am on V.98 I had 2 do it 2 days ago and 1 do it today
mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 05:55:26 PM

screen shot after I rebooted them they were fine
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 03:32:06 AM

The last few days I had some weird glitch with 3 of my titans

I saw nothing on the pool from the machine I logged into the web interface it looked to be mining and I just did a reboot then after reboot it started sending shares to the pool again just wanted to make you aware of it I am on V.98 I had 2 do it 2 days ago and 1 do it today

Hrm... have copies of the monitordcdc.log any chance? I really cant think of how its related to my firmware build =/
Sounds like a bfgminer issue..

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 11:26:35 PM

ANNOUNCING v.99 firmware:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.99

Release notes:

Changes for v.99:
After a failed original v.99 release, this is the new version with fixes for OTA & .bin upgrades!!

NOTE: If upgrading from v.98 via OTA, it "WILL" say theres an error in red letters and show error: as error result. But, if everything above the red letters doesnt state an error then its safe to reboot - there was no error. If upgrading using .bin file, there should be no issues.

NOTE: if anyone upgraded to v.99 prior to this new release, you will need to upgrade again using the .bin file listed on the page linked above!

Implementation of new graphics. Removal of KNC branding. Rewording of warning message on SYSTEM page.
Implemented auto increase of die clocks which have been underclocked due to DCDC overheat.
Created upgrade packages to allow installing my firmware via SYSTEM -> UPGRADE(knc's firmware upgarde method).
Various code fixes for monitoring script, donations & webgui.
Creating Backup now saves voltages, die clocks & minername. Minername now saved as part of backup filename.
Branding now enabled for all builds.
Groundwork started for enabling / disabling lighttpd access logging(disabled saves SD card life).
NOTES:
.bin file can be used to upgarde from STOCK KNC 2.00 firmware, the process takes a good few minutes.
.img file will be uploaded on request but is no longer needed really due to .bin being able to upgrade stock firmware to my modified firmware.
If upgrading from previous versions of my firmware then using the upgrade button on status page should upgrade to v.99.

Reboot after upgrading!
Note: if upgrade happens to fail repeatedly then redownload full v.98 img and attempt upgrade again.

mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 01:02:54 AM

Trying the update now thank you  Grin
mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2015, 11:30:03 PM

whats new to come in your next build?
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 04:42:11 AM

An update coming down the pipes for next release....
Fan failure protection w/ webgui output in big red letters when a potential fan failure has been detected!!!!

Up till now, my monitoring script has dynamically adjusted clocks up n down depending on environmental temperatures that increased / decreased gradually. It would attempt to clock the unit down as temps rose but this happened at the rate of KNC's monitoring script which is 1 poll per minute. A fan failure would easily go up in temperature much quicker than decreasing 25mhz ever 1 minute on respective dies would account for.
In the process of coding this I also found fault w/ KNC's waas command not actually being able to set a die OFF, rather bfgminer would have to be restarted and the advanced.conf file held a null value of any desired dies to be set as "OFF".
So... what Ive come up with is a small rewrite of setting dies to OFF logic(now all dies set to off while mining will invoke a bfgminer restart).
Next, onto the fan fail protection conditions...
1. If either of the DCDC temps of any die have detected as being above the user set threshold by 10C or more then the dies will be turn OFF.
OR
2. If either of the DCDC temps of any die have reached 115C or higher then that die will be set OFF.

After all dies which meet the condition above have been set to OFF, bfgminer will be issued a restart command.
A warning in big red letters on the STATUS page of webgui will warn about a possible fan failure detection.

To clear the warning the pi must be rebooted(I figured in the case of a genuine fan failure, the pi will be turned off along w/ the miner to service the cube w/ the failed fan).

*note.... if the 115C threshold ends up being an issue for anyone running their titans this hot well... A: your Titan will not last long B: I can always change this upward, but Im willing only to go up to 120C or so.

I will post when this release will be live.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:42:34 PM

The updated changes mentioned above are now available in v.99b version to *free*(donation version) & paid users. Sorry for the late update.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:43:49 PM

!!!ANNOUNCING!! v.99c for premium/prepaid/predonated members!
 --v.99b is now available for *free*(.75% don) users.

PREMIUM members, you should soon see the updated v.99c in your member page which you were supplied when you purchased the firmware. "vegasguy" will supply you with more info.

Release notes: https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.99c

Code:
AutoBypass Dies, BFGminer 5.3.0, pf4g's KNCminion & more! 

Major changes in this release:
 1. Auto-bypass of dies which cause constant soft / hard resets. How this works: If a die has caused more than 5 soft / hard resets within
2 hours then that die will be flagged for autobypass - meaning monitoring of its "hashing health" will be further ignored and the die will be on
its own. Its DCDC's will still be monitored for temperature conditions though, so if soft / hard resets are being caused by temp issues ..
these will NOT be ignored! The list of dies bypassed is persistent across pi reboots etc, when a die has been bypassed a message will be
shown on ADVANCED page w/ an option to clear the autobypass file.
 2. Updated BFGminer to 5.3.0
 3. Integrated pf4g's KNCminion webgui extension & added a link "more goodies" on status page.

Minor changes & fixes:
 1. Disabled http access logging by default(option still exists to enable in SYSTEM page).
 2. Set bfgminer 5.1.0 as default miner to be ran (can still change it to 5.3.0 via ADVANCED page).
 3. Minor tweaks to ADVANCED running bfgminer version readout.
 4. Added reset count per die to /var/log/monitordcdc.log
 5. Optimized various sections of my code additions in monitoring script.
 6. v.99b made available for "free" users.

NOTES - as usual , please contact me in bitcointalk.org forum or litecointalk.org for w/ bugs, questions etc...

For people running the *free*(donate version) v.99a version, you can either update via the UPGRADE button on STATUS page OR download the .bin file from here: https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan/releases/tag/v.99b

wmtomlinso

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:17:54 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2015, 02:27:09 AM by wmtomlinso

gEN-

I burned your image to SD card and my titan is is now crashing during boot up giving this error:

wrong seq4 value 0x40

Never mind,- I figured it out.  My PSU was not outputting a full 5 volts to the Pi.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:50:17 PM

Just implemented a working option in MINING page to enable / disable API read only access from ALL IP's =-), will make it into my next release.

dexu

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 01:26:00 PM

I just bought and testing your soft Smiley

First impression very positive!

Best Regards.
samm1129

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 08:24:23 PM

Guys, am I missing something?

Titan 1.95 and up has been working great for me since March... what does this version offer, aside from disabling dead dies? 
If you don't have restarting/dead dies is there any other benefits ?
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2015, 04:54:27 AM

Guys, am I missing something?

Titan 1.95 and up has been working great for me since March... what does this version offer, aside from disabling dead dies?  
If you don't have restarting/dead dies is there any other benefits ?

You can read all about my firmware improvements here:
https://github.com/GenTarkin/Titan

It does MUCH more then "disable" dead dies, heck it technically doesnt even do that at all... LOL

vegasguy
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1003

"Yobit pump alert software" Link in my signature!

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 07:22:35 PM

V99e is officially released to paid members. You may download it from my site if you are a paid member: http://bitcoinlasvegas.net/kncminer-titan-custom-firmware-mod-paid-membership-page/

Vegas

I want to make sure everyone knows that I just released my software called "Yobit pump alert". THis is custom software that uses an algo to detect the start of a pump here on yobit, the second it starts. YOu can even filter the coins you see by price. Most pumps start less than 100 sats , so you can easily filter the cheap coins, so they are the only ones displayed Smiley https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1945937.msg20241953#msg20241953
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 07:23:24 PM

Release notes for v.99e :
Code:
FEATURES & FIXES:
1. groundwork code for multilanguage capability in webgui. Upon reboot after installing upgrade it will ask which language you want the webgui, only working & complete one is English for now
2. chinese skeleton site, only includes the status page translated
3. much more accurate wall watts
4.ability to set your PSU's expected effeciency in SYSTEM tab which is used to calculate wall watts(defaults to 85%)
5. more accurate cube power consumption in ADVANCED tab
6. Added link to "Release Notes" in STATUS tab
7. more modular code in monitoring script(which will give way to autotune someday =-) )

mindtrip
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 03:30:55 AM

Code:
FEATURES & FIXES:
1. groundwork code for multilanguage capability in webgui. Upon reboot after installing upgrade it will ask which language you want the webgui, only working & complete one is English for now
4.ability to set your PSU's expected effeciency in SYSTEM tab which is used to calculate wall watts(defaults to 85%)
7. more modular code in monitoring script(which will give way to autotune someday =-) )

Installed the new version working well so far ! Grin
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2015, 03:33:28 AM

Code:
FEATURES & FIXES:

Installed the new version working well so far ! Grin

good to hear =)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: