Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:29:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOM KNC TITAN FIRMWARE! based off KNC's v2.00  (Read 9053 times)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:12:12 PM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:20:22 AM by GenTarkin

Update:

Going forward, all sales will be handled exclusively through my website: http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com

I will eventually create a new ebay ad as well, which will link to my site for clarity and customers of sales made on ebay will use my site as a portal for receiving my firmware & future updates.

All proceeds from sales on my site will go to the the developer of the project(myself).

I do not have access to the customer list that vegasguy maintained so  ... I will have to try and figure out my customer base from scratch. Anyone on here this forum that has purchased firmware using vegasguy's site can send me a pm w/ ur email and subsequently create an account using the same email address on the new site.  I will also need to see a copy of the confirmation email received when ordering from either vegasguy's site or a paypal receipt from ebay showing that the firmware was purchased from either source.
**NOTE** For the above ... customer verification only needs to happen when I release a new version of the firmware. So, there is no rush on this.

vegasguy has closed the portion of his site for my firmware permanently, has also removed the ebay ad.   ... or so he says and has done, but may eventually try creating new sites .. etc..

Sorry for the inconvenience, I ask the community for patience as I sort this all out. I do plan on releasing the "energy saver" edition after this gets settled.

MAJOR RELEASE 3.3.16 - v1.0.0

wait for it.....    Wait for It............  WAIT FOR IT......................

RELEASE of GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware v1.0.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-myaccount/ to obtain your FREE UPGRADE and license key(s)!!

New / Unverified previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-shop/ to purchase!!

RELEASE NOTES:

Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Added the long awaited “Energy Saver” feature – automatically tunes die voltages for highest effeciency while keeping the die stable as possible & hw% low. ~~MORE INFO HERE!!! ~~
DCDC Over-Current protection – any DCDC’s detected above 46A will be issued a die reset, if that fails then die speed is clocked down significantly to prevent DCDC failure.
Long Term Stability checking for all dies – bumps voltage up on a die if it becomes unstable more than 2x in a period of 2 days.
Per RPI Cube Tracking – if cubes are added, removed or moved around their last known clocks and volts on a given pi will be restored.
Internet outtage / dead pool detection to prevent miner from constantly resetting itself.
Slight webgui redesign.
Product license activation.
Full Copyright & end user license information.
Much smaller installation file.

Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Full translation of webgui pages to 80+ different languages.
Logging file output format refined and also includes more timestamps now.
Optimized timing of die / cube soft and hard resets.
Fixed format of advanced.conf file not being updated properly when user changes/removes/adds cubes or manually sets dies OFF.
ADVANCED page now shows which dies(if any) are being throttled because of DCDC over temp threshold.
ADVANCED page now auto refreshes every 5 minutes.
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.
For “Energy Saver” implemented cross reboots internal data array tracking capability.
Ability for user to save Log Files to a file to be posted or emailed for diagnostic purposes. (This is part of the Energy Saver options).
Added BALANCE strategy to MINER page – this may work better than LOAD-BALANCE for some users.
Removal of BFGminer version option – in testing 5.1.0 works best with Titans – can re-add later on as an optional installation file if demand is high enough.
More fixes to KNC’s shoddy code.
And many more small fixes / improvements too numerous to list.

All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!

Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.

Verified Previous Customers: The upgrade to this firmware is completely FREE for the number of Titans the previous version was purchased. Additional Titans require additional license purchase. If you created an account here previously then you will find license keys issued to your account. **NOTE** If you have not created an account on this site and verified your previous purchases, please contact me - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
--
New Customers: Prices as detailed above.

***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to keep track of which license was used on your KNC Titan(s). An easy way to do this is create backups of your Titan(s) after activating, then keep record of which backup went to which Titan.

***PRODUCT NOTICE*** – upon purchasing / obtaining this software, the end user agrees to the license terms set forth here(this file is also contained in my firmware): gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/gentarkin_mod/LICENSE

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
samm1129

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 29, 2016, 12:00:55 AM

When are you going to release new firmware with all the features listed on your site?

I cannot wait for failover feature to actually try it.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:10:32 AM

Quick PSA:

Vegasguy has re-opened his site and updated his ebay ad.
I want to make PERFECTLY CLEAR ... the version he is selling is fake and unfinished, it is from my test builds. In the terms of version It is NOT the official v1.0 in fact, its my very unfinished and buggy code of the "Energy Saver" edition.  Several bugs Ive discovered since then can be detrimental to the Titan.
If you purchase from him, you will receive no support from myself(the creator of the current release v.99e).

Id like to remind everyone once again MY website & the official way to obtain the firmware is http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com

If any of you are upset about this as I am, I encourage spreading the word to let others know.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:10:50 AM

When are you going to release new firmware with all the features listed on your site?

failover feature?

KNCFUN

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 11:55:08 AM

It seems you and Vegas had a fight  Shocked
You was partners and now what ?
I am pretty sure his version will work ok but is better if you will tell us what happen and you end the partnership ?  Huh

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:03:48 PM

EXCITING NEWS!!!!:

Just finished up my first RC build of "Energy Saver" ... will be tested soon. Its almost ready for release woohooo!    ~ granted there arent any major bugs that creep up beyond this point ha! =P

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 10:09:55 PM

It seems you and Vegas had a fight  Shocked
You was partners and now what ?
I am pretty sure his version will work ok but is better if you will tell us what happen and you end the partnership ?  Huh

Long story short, he ended up abandoning the project and myself, not amicably.
He was unwilling to relinquish control of sales to me even when I offered just as many perks as he already enjoyed including the same profit splitting. So, he decided to leave claiming thats what I wanted of him, even when I telling him I didnt want him to leave. He left saying he would shutdown his site and ebay. A week later his ebay reopened, a month later his site reopened and now he is selling fake v1.0 dubbed firmware, which is really just my earlier test builds of "Energy Saver" (because he was testing for me).
He left w/o sharing the customer db with me. So I have no idea who my customers even are, Im rebuilding that from scratch and some of it even on good faith of the customers.

samm1129

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:20:43 PM

EXCITING NEWS!!!!:

Just finished up my first RC build of "Energy Saver" ... will be tested soon. Its almost ready for release woohooo!    ~ granted there arent any major bugs that creep up beyond this point ha! =P

How existing customers can get access to these builds?
samm1129

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:22:00 PM

failover feature?

Sorry, i meant Load balance... when I try 2 pool load balance, none of the pools are working. I thought with your build you can have 1 titan mine in 2 pools at the same time ?
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:05:46 AM

EXCITING NEWS!!!!:

How existing customers can get access to these builds?

The test builds? They cant , its not ready for release. I have a couple testers atm, will decide if / when I want more prior to release.

If your talking about access to the newest release(when it releases) then see the post 9 posts above this one, has all the details in it.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 01:13:20 AM

failover feature?

Sorry, i meant Load balance... when I try 2 pool load balance, none of the pools are working. I thought with your build you can have 1 titan mine in 2 pools at the same time ?

Well, using the stock 5.1.0 bfgminer I just tried "balance" worked fine. I tried load balanced and it seemed to just stay on my primary pool.
I recommend using the stock 5.1.0 anywho .... it works best w/ titan because has most mature titan drivers.
In fact, newer versions of bfgminer will be gone from my firmware entirely. If people want newer versions bad enough, Ill release a second *patch* that will install newer versions.

dadach2

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 09:57:46 AM

is this firmware worth getting now, and also what is the most profitable pool for the titan?
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:25:28 AM

Small update here on firmware progress....

I rewrote the "Energy Saver" controls to be simpler and more intuitive. Primarily because trying to compensate for nearly every situation a user could want became too great of a task w/ endless options and potential bugs.

There is still a freaking anomaly bug happening when user has dies set to odd configurations (off / outside the voltage parameters of "energy saver") ... Im still trying to track down why stuff aint working correctly in these more rare situations. Once I have that ironed out ... should be real damn close to release! .... crosses fingers!

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 06:27:00 AM

is this firmware worth getting now, and also what is the most profitable pool for the titan?

Hrm... I guess "worth getting" can only be answered by the user thinking about purchasing. But you can see a list of all its features here:

http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/

Thats my official site. All those features listed mid-page are in the current release.

Many more features being added to the list once my "Energy Saver" edition gets released.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 04, 2016, 06:19:49 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2016, 06:33:35 AM by GenTarkin

wait for it.....    Wait for It............  WAIT FOR IT......................

RELEASE of GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware v1.0.0 IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-myaccount/ to obtain your FREE UPGRADE and license key(s)!!

New / Unverified previous customers: head to http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-shop/ to purchase!!

RELEASE NOTES:

Major Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Added the long awaited “Energy Saver” feature – automatically tunes die voltages for highest effeciency while keeping the die stable as possible & hw% low. ~~MORE INFO http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/energy-saver-faq-help/ ~~
DCDC Over-Current protection – any DCDC’s detected above 46A will be issued a die reset, if that fails then die speed is clocked down significantly to prevent DCDC failure.
Long Term Stability checking for all dies – bumps voltage up on a die if it becomes unstable more than 2x in a period of 2 days.
Per RPI Cube Tracking – if cubes are added, removed or moved around their last known clocks and volts on a given pi will be restored.
Internet outtage / dead pool detection to prevent miner from constantly resetting itself.
Slight webgui redesign.
Product license activation.
Full Copyright & end user license information.
Much smaller installation file.

Additional Features, Additions, Fixes & Changes:
Full translation of webgui pages to 80+ different languages.
Logging file output format refined and also includes more timestamps now.
Optimized timing of die / cube soft and hard resets.
Fixed format of advanced.conf file not being updated properly when user changes/removes/adds cubes or manually sets dies OFF.
ADVANCED page now shows which dies(if any) are being throttled because of DCDC over temp threshold.
ADVANCED page now auto refreshes every 5 minutes.
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.
For “Energy Saver” implemented cross reboots internal data array tracking capability.
Ability for user to save Log Files to a file to be posted or emailed for diagnostic purposes. (This is part of the Energy Saver options).
Added BALANCE strategy to MINER page – this may work better than LOAD-BALANCE for some users.
Removal of BFGminer version option – in testing 5.1.0 works best with Titans – can re-add later on as an optional installation file if demand is high enough.
More fixes to KNC’s shoddy code.
And many more small fixes / improvements too numerous to list.

All the previous firmware features and improvements are included!

Now … you’re probably asking yourself “yeah yeah, but how much do all these wonderful new features cost?” Simple: $75 first full copy, $35 for additional licenses.

Verified Previous Customers: The upgrade to this firmware is completely FREE for the number of Titans the previous version was purchased. Additional Titans require additional license purchase. If you created an account here previously then you will find license keys issued to your account. **NOTE** If you have not created an account on this site and verified your previous purchases, please contact me - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/custom-knc-titan-firmware-contact/
--
New Customers: Prices as detailed above.

***IMPORTANT INSTALLATION NOTICE*** – Upon upgrading to and activation of this firmware, its EXTREMELY IMPORTANT to keep track of which license was used on your KNC Titan(s). An easy way to do this is create backups of your Titan(s) after activating, then keep record of which backup went to which Titan.

***PRODUCT NOTICE*** – upon purchasing / obtaining this software, the end user agrees to the license terms set forth here(this file is also contained in my firmware): gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/gentarkin_mod/LICENSE

samm1129

View Profile
March 07, 2016, 12:17:05 AM

Have been running for 30 hours now on the new firmware, not particularly happy with it, bfgminer shuts down every 4 hours, nicehash reported down time 20min, then 30 min.

Had to downgrade back to 0.99e version for now.
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:26:55 PM

GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan firmware v1.0.2 RELEASE NOTES - maintenance release

-Fixed an issue in regards to user specified api-allow settings in "manual edit" mode. Its a bug thats been around since v99e and someone just pointed out to me. Basically, the "API readonly checkbox" was overriding any user specified settings for the api-allow entry. Now, when user changes this line the "API read only checkbox" setting is ignored until the api-allow line is restored to its original setting OR its removed entirely.

-Activation: due to an unforseen situation regarding activation, the manual method of reactivation was not working as intended. This is now fixed. For any miner you try to reactivate w/ its respective(matching license) it should reactivate w/o issue now.</li>

note: The updated download file is found in your account if you purchased the "FULL COPY"

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 08:29:23 PM

Have been running for 30 hours now on the new firmware, not particularly happy with it, bfgminer shuts down every 4 hours, nicehash reported down time 20min, then 30 min.

Had to downgrade back to 0.99e version for now.

Sorry to hear, but yeah, like the Energy Saver FAQ states, there can be lots of instability while tuning is taking place.
Furthermore, if per die settings need to be changed to maintain stability after tuning ...then those are easily user changeable, just like its always been =)

(the above assumes you even ran Energy Saver, if you didnt and suddenly experiencing issues then your cubes have other issues.)

If you would like, u can create a logfile and email it to gentarkincustomtitan@gmail.com I can give it a look and see if theres any hints as to what actually is going on.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:11:12 PM

GenTarkin's Mod - Firmware - IMPORTANT NOTICE

Before enabling "Energy Saver": please set any dies which are listed in autobypass to OFF, then clear the autobypass list, then apply settings, then enable "Energy Saver".

Doing so will result in slightly faster and much more accurate results.

KNCFUN

Activity: 264
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:25:19 AM

$75 really ? it was $50  Sad

WTB working or unstable KNC TITAN cubes.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: