Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 05:05:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CUSTOM KNC TITAN FIRMWARE! based off KNC's v2.00  (Read 9053 times)
joef

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 16, 2016, 11:20:43 PM

Hi,

I bought a used Titan which had a donated/pre-paid 99e version installed. Is it possible to get an update to the latest version?
Is it possible to disable the energy saving feature?

According to the description, you found an important bug in the original KNC code:
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.

Maybe that bug leads to dies with 0.8V idle issue.

May you explain a bit more about the bug please. In which situations it occurs, what did you improve?
I tried to find the source code of your version 1.0.0, but found the readme and license only on github.
Where can I find the latest source code?

Thanks
Joerg

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:48:23 AM

Hi,

I bought a used Titan which had a donated/pre-paid 99e version installed. Is it possible to get an update to the latest version?
Is it possible to disable the energy saving feature?

According to the description, you found an important bug in the original KNC code:
Noticed in rare cases dies are configured with positive voltage – wrote correction code for this.

Maybe that bug leads to dies with 0.8V idle issue.

May you explain a bit more about the bug please. In which situations it occurs, what did you improve?
I tried to find the source code of your version 1.0.0, but found the readme and license only on github.
Where can I find the latest source code?

Thanks
Joerg

I will contact you privately regarding the upgrade. As for the rest of your questions:
The energy saving feature is not enabled unless the user decides to turn it on.

For the positive voltage problem: I ran into this on some occassion when I told waas to update clocks / volts, for some reason it would issue a positive version of the specified voltage.

No this does not cause the .8v idle issue. That is simply a die which has went to sleep and requires a hard reset. If hard reset doesnt work then a manual power cycle of entire rig is required. If that doesnt work then that die is effectively dead.

The source code of my latest releases are not entirely open source. Although if one wishes to see the parts of the source which is available then its part of the .bin installation file.
You can find out more information at my website - http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 12:06:42 AM

Ive also purchased a miner that had your firmware on it, very nice work!!

I dont know what else you have planned but if you are taking suggestions... graphs (graphs are always pretty) of average mining rate over a time as well as power usage. Im not sure if the power usage stat is realtime or an average but an average would possibly be nice - as long as it was acurate and not showing low due to BFGminer restarts and such. Maybe also a stat on watt/mhs to see the efficiency. None of these are show stoppers and to choose between this and a more stable/faster rig, go with the later but just thought Id throw this out there.

Thanks for your efforts in this!

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:52:34 PM

GenTarkin's Mod ~ Custom KNC Titan firmware v1.0.4 RELEASE NOTES - maintenance release

-Energy Saver: Fixed an issue where in some situations Energy Saver would get stuck on a stage in an infinite loop due to incorrect die counting results.

-Energy Saver: If incorrect die counting results still results in a loop for stages.. wrote a fallback to guarantee no infinite loops would occur by forcibly going to the next stage if the current stage is running for over 48hrs.

-Energy Saver: If any dies are detected being auto-bypass when user starts Energy Saver, it will show a notification that those dies need to be set to OFF(and settings applied) prior to starting Energy Saver.

In short, if you installed my previous builds and had energy saver run for over a week...then its highly possible one of the stages is stuck in an infinite loop. This release will fix that.

note: The updated download file is found in your account if you purchased the "FULL COPY"
note: Prior to upgrading, please stop Energy Saver if its running. Then install upgrade, reboot then start Energy Saver.

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:55:52 PM

I dont know what else you have planned but if you are taking suggestions... graphs (graphs are always pretty) of average mining rate over a time as well as power usage. Im not sure if the power usage stat is realtime or an average but an average would possibly be nice - as long as it was acurate and not showing low due to BFGminer restarts and such. Maybe also a stat on watt/mhs to see the efficiency. None of these are show stoppers and to choose between this and a more stable/faster rig, go with the later but just thought Id throw this out there.

As per your suggestions. There are some graphs by clicking the "more goodies" link on the status page.
The power usage stat is realtime. There is no averaging, there really doesnt need to be. Miner power consumption is pretty static when mining is constant =)
I could probably work in the watt/mh , but this is easy math that anyone can do w/ a calc, but I understand it would be a nifty little stat. I could probably write it into my next release.

AmDD
Legendary

Activity: 1027
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 07:19:34 PM

As per your suggestions. There are some graphs by clicking the "more goodies" link on the status page.
The power usage stat is realtime. There is no averaging, there really doesnt need to be. Miner power consumption is pretty static when mining is constant =)
I could probably work in the watt/mh , but this is easy math that anyone can do w/ a calc, but I understand it would be a nifty little stat. I could probably write it into my next release.

Cool! Smiley

BTC tip jar: 18EKpbrcXxbpzAZv3T58ccGcVis7W7JR9w
LTC tip jar: Lgp8ERykAgx6Q8NdMqpi5vnVoUMD2hYn2a
Fixx

Activity: 535
Merit: 501

EMC

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 07:41:56 AM

Hello!

I would like to know whether your firmware will help to solve my problem?

I had a following problem.
Miner does not answer! I can not go to its Web-page.
I set the official image 2.0 Titain on the SD card instructions.
I tried set latest firmware, but to no avail.

Indicator write:

EmptySpace

When I connect the monitor, i see next:

Starting Factory setup: ERROR: No serialnumber found
ERROR: No eeprom found

I do not know what to do. Official support KnC no longer responding

Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 08:05:28 AM

$75 really ? it was $50  Sad

trust me ....compared to the knc junk it is worth much more the 100 bucks for each license iimho..it kicks ass

(running Titans 10 cubes at 725mh  for 17 months now or at least the units are that old one 17 months and 1 used for 13 months)..I need all the edge i can get in heat and energy savings)

Summer is coming (ouch!)

my setup

lostgonzo.imgur.com

725mh on litecoinpool

www.litecoinpool.org

I lost a bit of speed (25mh or so now that its not full out)  but saved about 15% in electric as my guess and my heat and voltage settings on adv page is WAY down (would be better if i re pasted my cubes it has been 17 months..that's another chore)

but again........well worth the cash...and it is 75 bucks 1st Titan and 35 bucks each license there on ..if I remember correctly

again I'd pay 200 bucks if that is what it took. PER TITAN ...it is that good....

(ask around the Swedish asic miner thread....here on bitcointalk..you'll likely hear the same...then again I remember when KNC said all his MODS could NEVER be done ..so somewhat p/o'd at the lies of such back in the day)

anyway my 2 Satoshi's on this

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 03:48:42 PM

Hello!

I would like to know whether your firmware will help to solve my problem?

I had a following problem.
Miner does not answer! I can not go to its Web-page.
I set the official image 2.0 Titain on the SD card instructions.
I tried set latest firmware, but to no avail.

Indicator write:

EmptySpace

When I connect the monitor, i see next:

Starting Factory setup: ERROR: No serialnumber found

I do not know what to do. Official support KnC no longer responding

My firmware only installs in top of knc 2.00 so if 2.00 wont even boot up for u so u can get to the webgui to upgrade the firmware...then sounds like u wouldn't be able to install my mod.

awsgarra

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2016, 03:23:54 AM

Hi,

I have KNC's v2.00 I can see the to the web interface but the miner does not start mining and keeps restarting every minute or so.

Though I use the supposedly right ajax in the mining tab:-

{
  "pools": [
    {
      "quota": "1;stratum+tcp://ltc.ghash.io:3333",
      "user": "myUser.worker1",
      "pass": "x"
    }
  ],
  "scrypt-n": 10
}

What might be the issue?
And do you think taking your firmware would make it start mining?

Thanks,
Aws
jacobmayes94

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:50:05 AM

This mod made the KNC titan a dream to use. Mines stable now! I will be buying this again when i get another titan!
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 01:52:31 AM

This mod made the KNC titan a dream to use. Mines stable now! I will be buying this again when i get another titan!

Awesome man! Good to hear! =)

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 07:59:30 AM

ANNOUNCEMENT:
Quick update for anyone interested and using GenTarkin's MOD (my firmware)...

Ive tested knc 2.0.2 firmware and implemented it into my firmware as a free addon package.
Changes include -
new BFGMiner 5.4.2 from KNC for the Titan
an updated version of waas utility
I changed my licensing info a bit

Ive already sent out emails to my customer w/ the information.

More information and download links here:
gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/ann-bfgminer-5-4-2-installeruninstaller-files-for-my-firmware-free/

coinut

Activity: 253
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:18:44 AM

interesting, I'm running with the 5.1.0 in your latest firmware, wondering if there are any benefits of updating to 5.4.2 with the titan.
did you notice any difference running the new version GenTarkin?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 08:48:43 AM

interesting, I'm running with the 5.1.0 in your latest firmware, wondering if there are any benefits of updating to 5.4.2 with the titan.

Heck I've not run

sudo apt get update

sudo apt get upgrade

anyone ever bother to do that even? (no clue...My knc Titan's are 'evil' I touch them when gen tarkin says to ..otherwise I try to avoid direct eye contact or they will likely
brick themselves out of spite. Just saying.

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 05:59:58 PM

Heck I've not run

sudo apt get update

sudo apt get upgrade

anyone ever bother to do that even? (no clue...My knc Titan's are 'evil' I touch them when gen tarkin says to ..otherwise I try to avoid direct eye contact or they will likely
brick themselves out of spite. Just saying.

A couple people have, the underlying linux OS is aged to the point on KNC's pi release that ... I wouldnt recommend doing it. Generally, the further away in age you get from your linux packages which are installed, the higher chance there is for things breaking after the upgrade.

GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:02:35 PM

I dont think there are too many improvements. I mean the upgraded waas will fix bugs for some folks w/ some titans. Also, bfgminer 5.4.2 has network/ work related fixes ... I would guess anyways =P
Everything changed can be seen on knc's github.

I've not noticed any definitive improvement though. But, I suspect there may be a tiny improvement in work restart times for the Titan w/ the newer 5.4.2, then again that may just be the fixes my pool has been recently doing =P
Who knows =P

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2016, 12:52:50 PM

Did anyone have padrino firmware ??
GenTarkin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2016, 08:02:01 PM

ANNOUNCEMENT

Now purchase "GenTarkin's MOD ~ Custom KNC Titan Firmware" using Altcoins!

Now accepting altcoins as payment via Shapeshift.io option on checkout page for my firmware.
Details here:
http://gentarkincustomtitan.pcriot.com/now-available-altcoin-payment-on-checkout-via-shapeshift-io/

Thanks again to all my customers & supporters over the past year =)

supersonic

Activity: 195
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 20, 2016, 11:56:05 AM

i just opened my fresh titans, they have firmware 2.02 out of the box, and just bought Your licences, so it wont be problem with upgrade?

Nice from far but far from nice
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: