Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:39:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Have you ever attended a bitcoin meetup?  (Read 3306 times)
Habeler876

Activity: 624
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:54:57 PM

I was never at any bitcoin meetup, but did meet one on one with a lot of people while reselling bitcoins tho, if that counts.
For a private user,  i really don't see the point of meeting with random people and discussing things that can be discussed via forum..

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:18:23 PM

Attending / organizing the second meetup for my city this week. We have quite a few more RSVPs than last time. It's growing!

BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 03:11:49 PM

I will be talking tonight at a meetup.

It looks like there will be 20 or more there.

http://www.meetup.com/Colorado-Bitcoin-Society/

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 05:00:27 PM

I'm from India. Here in some social sites I have seen some bitcoin workshop as well as meet ups. But I could not find them before schedule to attend. But planing to do so.
neutraLTC
Legendary

Activity: 1492
Merit: 1021

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2015, 05:18:33 PM

I've attended many in the netherlands, belgium and in london.

DEMAND STRATUMV2 MINING POOL: DMND.WORK
runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 10:13:14 PM

How do you get in touch with people for something like that? 

If you post on bitcointalk, there aren't enough people from your local area who will see it. 

If you post on Facebook, there aren't enough people who use Bitcoin who will see it. 

There's a new social media site that I thought was a good idea, uCrypto.co, but hardly anyone has signed up.  And, again, there's no way to promote it because nobody on bitcointalk cares, and nobody who's not on bitcointalk knows what Bitcoin is. 

So what do you do?  Post flyers around town? 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 11:48:20 PM

If you post on bitcointalk, there aren't enough people from your local area who will see it. 

If you post on Facebook, there aren't enough people who use Bitcoin who will see it. 

There's a new social media site that I thought was a good idea, uCrypto.co, but hardly anyone has signed up.  And, again, there's no way to promote it because nobody on bitcointalk cares, and nobody who's not on bitcointalk knows what Bitcoin is. 

http://bitcoin.meetup.com

runpaint

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:25:13 AM

http://bitcoin.meetup.com

That's pretty cool.  There aren't any bitcoin groups in my area, but I guess I could start one if I want to hold a conference or something.

I think I will also try to start a group just for communicating online, in case it's not something that requires people to physically gather in one place. 

GoldenCryptoCommod.com
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:28:21 AM

I don't know anyone in real life that would be interested in coming with me basically because I have never talked about Bitcoin to anyone in real life in a meaningful way, barely mentioned it because let's face it, most people are ready to deal with it, too advanced. So im just not willing to go alone knowing no one.
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:01:40 AM

If I do attend a bitcoin meetup, I would not link my real world identity to my bitcointalk id.
I like the pseudonymity that being on this forum offers me.  Smiley

Rude Boy

Activity: 770

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:26:41 AM

Nope! I never attened any bitcoin meet ups! Because, there's no/not much user out near my place to meet :/
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 02:38:03 AM

I feel like there are a lot more meetups near Europe than in the US, at least in the US they're more spread apart.
yangjun1991

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 03:33:42 AM

Yes, I've been to quite a few meet ups and at least a dozen conferences. I've met some of the Bitcoin scammer elite as well as a number of legitimate businessmen. The most interesting person I've met is Bruno (Gleb Gamow, Phineas Gage). He was wearing a pink tutu and barking like a dog when I met him. Andrew Bitcoiner was the most articulate/intelligent scammer I met. The meetups seem to be mostly a forum to pitch business ideas and brainstorm over best ways to increase Bitcoin awareness.
DARKANGEL6415

Activity: 672

ADAMANT — the most secure and anonymous messenger

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 08:26:44 AM

They actually had a bitcoin convention meeting type of thing here in omaha, Nebraska a few months ago. It was pretty enjoyable if i say so myself.  The area was full mostly of younger folks under 30 i would say. Now this is good news as the Midwest tends to be more conservative than the east or west coast. Now if we can spread this acceptance towards the older folks over 40 it would create more acceptance.

● ● ● ● ● ● ●   ADAMANT Messenger ● ● ● ● ● ● ●  
Try it now: Secure and Anonymous Messenger ║║ Whitepaper
neerajmittal

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:21:35 AM

No and I don't think I would. Every time adults gather around a common interest things tend to get a bit weird.Never been to an actual meetup but I've been in a skype conference call about bitcoin for many times now. As of this moment, we're planning to hold one on the 15th of September, but I'm not sure whether it will take place or not because some of the prominent members of our group do have some affairs at that time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: