Bitcoin Forum
May 20, 2024, 11:21:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why there is free btc faucet? why its existing ? - are deez peoples rich?  (Read 834 times)
ANON.PURGED (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 02:26:15 PM

Are the owner of free btc faucets, are very rich? why giving away free satoshies every hour than saving? Are faucets for them are profit? Or they know what they're doing and they keep earning more than earning less?
Allution

Activity: 254

No legacy is so rich as honesty.

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 02:30:47 PM

Bitcoin faucet is a website that gives out "free" bitcoins (BTC) in exchange for doing a simple task, such as clicking on an advert, solving a CAPTCHA, or viewing a webpage for a certain amount of time. There are also faucets that dispense alternative crypto-currencies.

No, faucet owners are not rich.

Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:34:52 PM

Are the owner of free btc faucets, are very rich? why giving away free satoshies every hour than saving? Are faucets for them are profit? Or they know what they're doing and they keep earning more than earning less?
Not really, they aren't quite "rich" because they are relying on the advertisement revenue to sustain that faucet website expenses, and i don't think they are making a big revenue out of it.
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:01:05 PM

Faucet owners make a lot of money from their ads. They only give dust to users. Only owners can make money from faucets.

Metadextrous

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:03:17 PM

Faucet owners make a lot of money from their ads. They only give dust to users. Only owners can make money from faucets.
Are you sure they are making a lot of money from their ads? I don't think so mate, because i see a lot of faucet becomes dry and the owner just missing, isn't concludes a thing?
kevindurant

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:05:21 PM

Are you sure they are making a lot of money from their ads? I don't think so mate, because i see a lot of faucet becomes dry and the owner just missing, isn't concludes a thing?

Then probably they don't handle their business right. I know a faucet owner, he made 5k$ monthly from his only one faucet. He has 5 different faucets.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 04:08:29 PM

There is no such thing as "free bitcoins", not even from a faucet Smiley
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:13:22 PM

I was a heavy user of faucets when I came across Bitcoin but soon realised that there really isn't any big money to be made using them, they are good however if you build up a little bit and then trade them for altcoins you could if you are lucky make a little BTC.

I don't think there are many that are rich, as mentioned by others they will generate income via ads and captchas although there might be a few that are clever and have a few on the go to make a tidy profit but I can't imagine anyone getting super rich off of running a faucet, I could be wrong however as this is just my opinion without any actual base of knowledge on faucets.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:23:25 PM

Most of them are just clever enough to put up a site that gives small sum of bitcoin in exchange of a greater revenue from advertisements and by solving captchas. This is also a great thing to do if you have some spare bitcoins on you and you can earn profit by just giving away free bitcoins.
ANON.PURGED (OP)

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 08:34:07 AM

Then probably they don't handle their business right. I know a faucet owner, he made 5k$ monthly from his only one faucet. He has 5 different faucets.

$5k monthly? Where and How do they get that very large amount of US Dollar? From miner? VPS Mining? How and Where they get these $5k monthly since they are paying the web host , vps (probably), domain, etc
jacktheking
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Personal Text Space Not For Sale

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:40:18 AM

Faucet owner earn their money back from advertisements on the site. So, the more Bitcoin they give out, the more profit they gain. I'm the owner of BitRevenues.com and I get 10% of my revenues whenever a round end. I give out 15% to five lucky ticket holders and another 15% to a non-profit organization. Smiley.

So sad! This profile does not appear as the #1 result (on anonymous) Google searches anymore.

Time to be active on the crypto forums again? Proud to be one of the few Legendary members of the Sparkie Red Dot!

Gonna put this on my resume if I ever join a cryptocurrency/blockchain industry!
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:29:34 AM

$5k monthly? Where and How do they get that very large amount of US Dollar? From miner? VPS Mining? How and Where they get these $5k monthly since they are paying the web host , vps (probably), domain, etc

I think he's earn from advertisment, i don't think faucet use for mining.

maybe he's use adsense and other advertisment network. if you can manage it, possible if you can earn more.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:37:16 AM

What they give away is just a fraction of what they earn.Even the highest paying faucet gives approx 1000 Satoshi every hour.In dollar terms it is less than tenth part of a cent

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:34:58 AM

What they give away is just a fraction of what they earn.Even the highest paying faucet gives approx 1000 Satoshi every hour.In dollar terms it is less than tenth part of a cent

Imagine how those early faucets feel which gave away 5 btc each....One Satoshi is an investment for the future, 1,000 Satoshi could be worth quite a lot in a few years from now.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:53:55 AM

use your PC's calculator or google and you will find out how rich they are and how rich you are going to be using them.
you can check the amount they pay to each user and then check their price for advertising. just click on the bottom or top of any of those ads which leads you to something like (put your ad here) and you can have their rate.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Wapinter
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1026

Hire me for Bounty Management

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 12:42:54 PM

Imagine how those early faucets feel which gave away 5 btc each....One Satoshi is an investment for the future, 1,000 Satoshi could be worth quite a lot in a few years from now.
The question is not about the value of bitcoin or Satoshi. It is about faucets.Even at that time when they used to give 5btc they were earning more than what they were giving away

jdebunt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 01:32:22 PM

The question is not about the value of bitcoin or Satoshi. It is about faucets.Even at that time when they used to give 5btc they were earning more than what they were giving away

Actually, the question is about the value of a Bitcoin or Satoshi, the amount they are giving away is trivial. However, people need to understand that nothing is being "given away" to begin with.
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 02:13:38 PM

No, they are not rich, it's a business of give and take. They give a few satoshis and you view paid ads on their page, which is why most of them don't allow you to have adblock enabled and then there is a little income for them when you solve the captchas.

But the money they make from all this hassle is barely enough to keep running the faucet so it's pretty much useless for the owners as well and which is why the faucets dry up and die sooner or later.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
eadwired

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 03:17:45 PM

It's the concept of keeping the rich richer and poor just poorer hahah!! Making the poor picking up bread crumbs of what they think is gold when in fact they are just helping the rich making the big pie and just doing the legwork themselves.

I enjoy doing faucets but not doing this seriously since it is a waste of time unless the value of bit coin is 500usd or higher.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: