Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:57:30 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitfinex is having bugs today  (Read 613 times)
trior (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:40:38 PM

Bitfinex have been glitching and having bugs all day.
They have been halting trades for many times.

https://twitter.com/bitfinex

Angry Sad

--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:44:24 PM

bugs, huh? reaaaalllyy now?

well.. bugs or not, everyone should withdraw their coins from the site until everything settles down.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:58:54 PM

I have always wondered, how the leading Bitcoin exchange at the moment can get away with so many bugs. I mean their trading engine is known as a very unreliable and full off glitches since forever. Is it possible that they don't have money to fix it and do it properly.

And which is even more amazing, people are still using them the most, which just shows there is no real and safe alternative out there in the market.
vero

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:26:17 PM

only trick or their website really have bugs

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2015, 11:16:11 PM

Bitfinex have been glitching and having bugs all day.
They have been halting trades for many times.

https://twitter.com/bitfinex

Angry Sad

This is going on for months already. They have so many performance problems, logic problems, flaws in the order system and so on. See their official thread.

I don't use them since some months now anymore, they simply look way too risky for me.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 12:48:53 AM

Folks have spoken with their money. Its share of daily turnover is way down. Like plenty of other places they seem to try to address problems on the fly. They'd be far better off taking some time out to get something that simply works. I wonder how messy their code is.
arnav95

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:14:10 AM

there has got to be a way we can take advantage of those bugs
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:21:14 AM

I think it's the other way around. They've done rather nicely screwing the odd leveraged customer.
7788bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:29:34 AM

Perhaps the Willy II bot is in the testing phrase?
Personally, I do not store large about of BTC in exchange accounts...
poncom

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2015, 01:49:12 AM

I think it's the other way around. They've done rather nicely screwing the odd leveraged customer.

There were complaints some low buy orders weren't filled during crashes. I never found out if all their affected customers were compensated for those problems. Some customers could have lost out on the chance of buying at the bottom, and Bitfinex could have brought those coins and dumped them at the top for a healthy profit. Those profits could help to pay for the coins they lost during the hack.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 04:07:33 PM

Folks have spoken with their money. Its share of daily turnover is way down. Like plenty of other places they seem to try to address problems on the fly. They'd be far better off taking some time out to get something that simply works. I wonder how messy their code is.

Exactly! I have the impression their code must be pretty messy. The fixes they bring are not working and bring other problems. If they don't manage a clean restart with nice clean code then they might be doomed. And since they most probably would start over with the same developers it looks like they are doomed anyway. Roll Eyes

Right... you only need to read in their thread. People left and right complaining about trades that did not go through because of some server errors. I wonder how many does not ask for compensation.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 04:10:14 PM

There were complaints some low buy orders weren't filled during crashes. I never found out if all their affected customers were compensated for those problems. Some customers could have lost out on the chance of buying at the bottom, and Bitfinex could have brought those coins and dumped them at the top for a healthy profit. Those profits could help to pay for the coins they lost during the hack.

Of course there would have to be other cases where orders could not go through and bringing profits to the traders. At the end for every loser there is a winner.

There were cases of orders filled wrongly in the orderbooks, orders on the wrong side of the orderbook, loans taken wrongly and so on. And it still continues. Roll Eyes

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: