Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 11:01:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: SirZelmer = AgeofCrypto = Scammer !!!! Thief !!!! WARNING  (Read 713 times)
Nautica (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:10:32 PM
Last edit: August 25, 2015, 10:26:41 PM by Nautica

What happened::

SirZelmer promised to sell 20 mil Sia in two parts. When I sent payment for the first part, he went offline and never answered.
Later, he reconnected with his alt account AgeofCrypto and tried to "sell" me more Sia.

You can tell their connection from their posting history.

AgeofCrypto posts about the same coins, only has a few posts, and left positive feedback for SirZelmer.

SirZelmer and AgeofCrypto also posted exactly the same ad for "20 mil Siacoin" in the same thread. They are the same person.

The other person that left a trust rating for SirZelmer could also be connected, but I want to research his account more before making any accusation.

What's for sure is that SirZelmer and AgeofCrypto are the same person, and that person is a scammer.

Scammers Profile Link:

SirZelmer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=326849

AgeofCrypto:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=315985

Reference Link:

SirZelmer:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083781.msg12146661#msg12146661

AgeofCrypto:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1083781.msg12242119#msg12242119

Amount Scammed:

1.5 BTC / 335.83 USD

Payment Method:

BTC

Proof of Payment:

https://blockchain.info/tx/6e9836f85a4d4cfdb2f8ce967b0d892f9524d067326b3945f1e115139b399d3a

PM/Chat Logs:

Here are the parts of our conversation relevant to the scam. I can post the entirety of the log upon request.

http://imgur.com/a/JniS3

Additional Notes:

Please help me find who this person is. There's a lot of clues in his posts. Together we can doxx him. Let's do this.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:27:41 PM

I've left a feedback on SirZelmer's profile. May I ask why you trusted him with BTC1.5 considering he's just a Full Member without any trusted feedback and on his last untrusted feedback he's being accused of scamming? Sorry to point out the obvious but you can always use escrow. If someone refuses using it then you can be sure he's trying to scam.
Probably you will need to post the whole conversion or further proof only if SirZelmer posts here with another version of the story. For the moment can you post the address where you were supposed to receive the coins along with the link to open it on the blockchain?
Nautica (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:32:58 PM

I've left a feedback on SirZelmer's profile. May I ask why you trusted him with BTC1.5 considering he's just a Full Member without any trusted feedback and on his last untrusted feedback he's being accused of scamming? Sorry to point out the obvious but you can always use escrow. If someone refuses using it then you can be sure he's trying to scam.
Probably you will need to post the whole conversion of further proof only if SirZelmer posts here with another version of the story. For the moment can you post the address where you were supposed to receive the coins along with the link to open it on the blockchain?

You are absolutely right. I am not terribly experience with forum trading, I was on a streak of successful trades and his profile seemed legit enough. I guess I let my guard down and I ignored the red flags, such as his way of addressing me. This is the first time I have a problem. Definitely a lesson to be learned here for me.

I was avoiding posting my Sia address to protect my identity a little bit. I will be happy to PM it to you if you want, and if really necessary, I can post it on here as well, but I'd rather not. Hope you understand.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:39:31 PM

Sorry to hear man, but any time someone asks you to send in parts, it will always be a scam.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Nautica (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:40:49 PM

Sorry to hear man, but any time someone asks you to send in parts, it will always be a scam.
Thank you for your suggestion. I have to say that this is something I always ask for myself, and all my other trades went successfully. I guess I have a lot to learn.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1469

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:40:59 PM

Probably you will need to post the whole conversion of further proof only if SirZelmer posts here with another version of the story. For the moment can you post the address where you were supposed to receive the coins along with the link to open it on the blockchain?

You are absolutely right. I am not terribly experience with forum trading, I was on a streak of successful trades and his profile seemed legit enough. I guess I let my guard down and I ignored the red flags, such as his way of addressing me. This is the first time I have a problem. Definitely a lesson to be learned here for me.

I was avoiding posting my Sia address to protect my identity a little bit. I will be happy to PM it to you if you want, and if really necessary, I can post it on here as well, but I'd rather not. Hope you understand.

You already posted your Sia address on the image. It just extremely difficult to copy and paste it from there. I think the closest you can get to prove he really never sent the coins is to point us to the Sia block explorer with your address, and it shouldn't affect your privacy posting a public address.
And it's always best to use escrow, even with 'legit' accounts, especially for deals of that amount! I'd never refuse using escrow and I'm sure no honest member would no matter how trusted his account is.
allyouracid
Legendary

Activity: 2320
Merit: 1292

Encrypted Money, Baby!

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:40:59 AM

OP: this isn't meant to reproach on you, but more as a general warning to others:

In the screenshot of the conversation, the "seller" said something like "hurry up, there is lots of interest in this offer and we have limited supply".
This should always be a huge red flag, especially if it comes from new users. Creating pressure for getting things completed quickly is a common way of scammers to steal your money.
A good way of acting - especially if amounts are involved which are beyond pocket money - would be to ask him about escrow. If he denies, no deal should be made at all costs.

Don't visit my shitcoin blog: OCOIN.DEV
Use cointracking.info for tax declaration & tracking of your trades!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: