Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:36:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Achieve the selected level of consensus and win!:  (Voting closed: August 27, 2015, 03:40:10 AM)
100% - 2 (3.8%)
95% - 2 (3.8%)
90% - 25 (47.2%)
85% - 5 (9.4%)
80% - 1 (1.9%)
75% - 10 (18.9%)
70% - 1 (1.9%)
65% - 0 (0%)
60% - 0 (0%)
55% - 1 (1.9%)
50% - 6 (11.3%)
Total Voters: 53

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Modification of Adam's Experiment: Win Bitcoin's If You Can Come to Consensus!  (Read 1750 times)
BitProdigy

Activity: 322
Merit: 114

We Are The New Wealthy Elite, Gentlemen

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

I think your only hope is to come to 75% but even that might not be enough!!

(I'm annoyed that this thread was moved by the Mods as it may have affected the experiment.)

Yeah I think the mods ruined this experiment for us as I never even knew this part of the forum existed before I followed this experiment here… It's deeply imbedded in sub forums… Either way I moved my vote to 75% as we don't have much time left and I think it is the only hope we have at consensus at this point.

everybody go to 75%!
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:48:56 AM

*sigh* Time to move my vote to 75%.

Hmm.... What if I used some alts to skew the results  Roll Eyes

yahoo62278
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 4443

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:12:04 AM

14dD1WG6W1aUhf8BZod1881gMJwyQMMFat

75%

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Coef

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

Exhausted

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:52:10 AM

This is an interesting experiment. The mods' decision to move the thread does ruin it IMO, as most of the users visiting "Games and Rounds" don't care much about the block size debate or the superconsensus idea while most of the users caring that don't come to this sub-section.

If there is no more new votes, you will need 22 voters to switch to 90% or 27 voters to switch to 75% or 19 voters to switch to 50%.
If there is no more vote change, you will need 221 new votes on 90% or 107 new votes on 75% or 39 new votes on 50%.
Considering there is less than 50 minutes to go, and it is now sleeping time for the majority of bitcointalk users, I don't think a consensus can be reached.

Peter R (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:03:12 AM

This is an interesting experiment. The mods' decision to move the thread does ruin it IMO, as most of the users visiting "Games and Rounds" don't care much about the block size debate or the superconsensus idea while most of the users caring that don't come to this sub-section.

If there is no more new votes, you will need 22 voters to switch to 90% or 27 voters to switch to 75% or 19 voters to switch to 50%.
If there is no more vote change, you will need 221 new votes on 90% or 107 new votes on 75% or 39 new votes on 50%.
Considering there is less than 50 minutes to go, and it is now sleeping time for the majority of bitcointalk users, I don't think a consensus can be reached.

Maybe I will PM the mods and see if we can run this sometime in the future in "bitcoin discussion."  I think the results of experiments like this might be interesting as a scientific paper. 

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Paraka
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 03:14:48 AM

voted 95%
i hope this true.
Tauja
Legendary

Activity: 1204

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:16:00 AM

My vote 90%
Good luck

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
BitProdigy

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:16:23 AM

Maybe I will PM the mods and see if we can run this sometime in the future in "bitcoin discussion."  I think the results of experiments like this might be interesting as a scientific paper. 

I think that is a good idea and agree it would make an interesting scientific paper, I have searched the internet and cannot find evidence that any similar experiment has been done. I have suggested some modifications to the experiment on Adam's original thread if you want to check those out.
Akbarkoe
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:17:59 AM

my vote for 85%
Peter R (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:40:11 AM

I think that is a good idea and agree it would make an interesting scientific paper, I have searched the internet and cannot find evidence that any similar experiment has been done. I have suggested some modifications to the experiment on Adam's original thread if you want to check those out.

Yes, I just had a look at your suggestions.  Thank you for the ideas!

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
BitProdigy

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:16:46 AM

1) The winning pot (I can contribute to the pot as I am an interested party), should be distributed evenly among all participants so all have an incentive to win rather than the very low possibility of being one of the "lucky five winners".

2) There should be no time limit. To win I propose the consensus level should be maintained for over 48 hours. And the payout probability should be based on the actually ending percentage reached, not the option that got the votes.

3) Also I think if we hope for a good experiment we should PM the mods to allow it to run on the General Discussion section.
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:51:51 AM

@OP lock this thread and announce the winners who participated into contest as time limit and votes already crossed more than 40 so you must come and lock this topic and announce the winners.
Coef

Activity: 882

Exhausted

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:21:59 AM

@OP lock this thread and announce the winners who participated into contest as time limit and votes already crossed more than 40 so you must come and lock this topic and announce the winners.

There is no winners, as consensus cannot been achieved within the time limit. You'd better re-read OP to understand how the experiment works.

Yes please. But if the mods doesn't buy the idea and insists such experiment belongs to "Games and Rounds", there would be not much point in doing it again IMO.

kevinjulio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:59:06 AM

my address : 1CcWDWSvTBuysgJUCMwjRdychVDwajCFsx
vote for 75% Cheesy

T 
TRENDING.me
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
      ⓉⓉⓉ  ICO - 15th Sept to 20th Oct   ⓉⓉⓉ                              ⊵⊵⊵⊵⊵ TRENDING.me ⊴⊴⊴⊴⊴
  ⓉⓉ  Reducing weekly bonus during ICO  ⓉⓉ               ✔ Earn Trends with your fashion style and attire.
       ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ  TRENDS ICO  ⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉⓉ                   ►  ANN ThreadWhitepaperWebsiteBounty
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:30:56 PM

My vote for 85%
achow101
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 6705

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 02:33:02 PM

My vote for 85%
my address : 1CcWDWSvTBuysgJUCMwjRdychVDwajCFsx
vote for 75% Cheesy
Guys, the poll is over. Stop posting, you aren't doing anything but spamming this thread.

OP, can you lock this thread now that the poll is over?

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 02:51:58 PM

lol wtf guys how hard is it to all agree to win some bitcoin together?
why didn't everyone vote 90%

addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 04:33:34 PM

Interested to know about result who are winner from this contest still no announcement?
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: