Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] Trending.me - TRENDS ICO starts Nov 4th 2017  (Read 5562 times)
trending.me (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:07:25 AM
Last edit: September 19, 2017, 06:48:08 PM by trending.me

Earn TRENDS with your style, fashion and attire.
Website == Concept Paper == Bounty

TRENDS ICO schedule : 4th Nov 2017 8 AM UTC - 16th Dec 2017 8 PM UTC
More details out soon...

Join the Bounty Now,
Our Bounty Campaign Team

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FiiNALiZE

Activity: 868
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:27:29 AM

Earn TRENDS with your style, fashion and attire.
Website == Concept Paper == Bounty

I like the pictures that this thread has and the amount of information on the current trend statistics. I've looked around this forum and I couldn't really understand why there is so many coins trying to prove that they can do something better than Bitcoin when they rely on an Altcoin for their ICO or for regular transactions.

This coin may not get very far because nobody will want to use this coin other than to make a little bit of cash on the side then they will dump the coin whenever they receive the opportunity to do so since it's not a real coin.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:06:43 AM

How does this benefit humanity? You do know that we're facing some very serious issues with the destruction of the environment, largely due to the needless excess of capitalism and consumerism, yes? Do we really need more self-absorbed individuals taking selfies while they wear the latest fashion to boost their egos gaining likes on social media? We need to find ways to slow down the consumption, not fuel it.

trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:17:19 AM

How does this benefit humanity? You do know that we're facing some very serious issues with the destruction of the environment, largely due to the needless excess of capitalism and consumerism, yes? Do we really need more self-absorbed individuals taking selfies while they wear the latest fashion to boost their egos gaining likes on social media? We need to find ways to slow down the consumption, not fuel it.

Hi,

I admire your concern for the environment, but let's talk reality. Social Media and eCommerce are the two major industries driven through the internet right now, we all contribute to its growth. That being said there are two sides of every camp, we are in the pro-fashion, pro-entertainment, pro-nightlife camp.

So, What you call an ego boost is self expression to us, there is nothing wrong in providing yet another platform to express yourself, have fun and make some money while doing so.

NewWorldCoiner

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Saved you from a scam? Send me some BTC!

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:04:59 PM

Sorry, my turn to disagree now. Lots of people I know have abandoned social media because it sucks. It wastes your time and messes with your psyche, making you more concerned with what other people think about you, rather than paying attention to what's important. It detaches you from real relationships, and causes you to become more introverted. You idea plays upon the worst aspects of all that.

You could have chosen to make a better type of social media than the ones we already have, but you didn't. And when people point out that your idea isn't very good, you don't take it on board as constructive criticism, you choose to see it as opposition to your lifestyle choices.

Kind of reinforces my point that focusing on the wrong thing means you don't see the big picture.
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:31:31 PM
Last edit: September 03, 2017, 12:42:44 PM by trending.me

Sorry, my turn to disagree now. Lots of people I know have abandoned social media because it sucks. It wastes your time and messes with your psyche, making you more concerned with what other people think about you, rather than paying attention to what's important. It detaches you from real relationships, and causes you to become more introverted. You idea plays upon the worst aspects of all that.

You could have chosen to make a better type of social media than the ones we already have, but you didn't. And when people point out that your idea isn't very good, you don't take it on board as constructive criticism, you choose to see it as opposition to your lifestyle choices.

Kind of reinforces my point that focusing on the wrong thing means you don't see the big picture.

Your point is well received, however we did not see any constructive criticism from you with your point telling us to shift our focus from being a startup looking to build a style and fashion friendly social network to saving the environment and getting into messed up human psychology.

The world is simple for us, we do not complicate things worrying about peoples psyche, our motto is to take one day at a time and the purpose is to always get back to having a good time.

By telling you about two camps is not to dismiss you as a person or your opinion, but rather to defend mine that I do not find anything wrong with building another social network. I guess it's part of the human psyche to think everything is about ourselves and miss the bigger point or picture. Smiley

As far as differentiation and building something different goes, we need to start somewhere and the market will give us feedback in which direction we need to go.
Hence, I do take the relevant part in your feedback which is "You could have chosen to make a better type of social media than the ones we already have"

Saichoukyushin

Activity: 770
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 01:21:58 PM

I have simple words to say about that matter, Even we say that lots of people has abandoned social media but do you think they will don't use it again, the truth is social media as of now is the effective ways in expressing ourselves our skills or talents to be recognize. We all habe different opinions and scope of limitations in our minds but the fact the most of us the people thinks can't live, have a beautiful.day without opening any social media sites. IMO.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Opekin

Activity: 396
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:02:14 PM

Where this token will be used or in what type of media this will supported ?
I don't see how much is your minimum and maximum capitalization to be successful.
What is trend pool for?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 02:59:29 PM

I don't see how much is your minimum and maximum capitalization to be successful.
What is trend pool for?

HI,

TRENDS will be used in 4 ways on trending.me
1. To reward users for their participation in the community, for posting photos and curating the best content and making content "trending"
2. These rewards can be used to buy attire and clothing from trend stores, trend stores are eCommerce stores
3. Trend Stores advertise to the community using TRENDS as a payment method.
4. Users can send or tip each other Trends directly (This can be done via wallet directly also)

Trend Pool is a module that serves a critical function of automating payout to the users, a couple of points to note,
- Initially 26 Million Trends will be in the Trend Pool where half million TRENDS per week will be paid out to users in the first year
- All advertising revenue earned from Trend Stores and other advertisers on the Trending.me network will be circulated back to the Trend Pool
- In time as more users are onboarded, more orders are placed across trend stores, the value of TRENDS will appreciate

During ICO TRENDS can be purchased at 3000 TRENDS = 1ETH (price excluding bonus). With a limited supply of 61 Million TRENDS our market cap would be ~20000 ETH after the ICO.

With 15 Million TRENDS available in ICO, we are looking at funding of ~5000 ETH (approximation due to bonuses involved), for ICO to be successful we need to raise 25% - 40% of the amount, the renaming 75% - 60% can be raised during a next round after we have our BETA launch in January. Raising 25% to 40% in this ICO will be enough to expand the team and carry our project forward into the next few months.

I hope this answers your questions regarding TRENDS, Trend Pool and Value of TRENDS

Opekin

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:33:37 PM

What is trend pool for?

HI,

1. To reward users for their participation in the community, for posting photos and curating the best content and making content "trending"
2. These rewards can be used to buy attire and clothing from trend stores, trend stores are eCommerce stores
4. Users can send or tip each other Trends directly (This can be done via wallet directly also)

Trend Pool is a module that serves a critical function of automating payout to the users, a couple of points to note,
- Initially 26 Million Trends will be in the Trend Pool where half million TRENDS per week will be paid out to users in the first year
- All advertising revenue earned from Trend Stores and other advertisers on the Trending.me network will be circulated back to the Trend Pool
- In time as more users are onboarded, more orders are placed across trend stores, the value of TRENDS will appreciate

During ICO TRENDS can be purchased at 3000 TRENDS = 1ETH (price excluding bonus). With a limited supply of 61 Million TRENDS our market cap would be ~20000 ETH after the ICO.

With 15 Million TRENDS available in ICO, we are looking at funding of ~5000 ETH (approximation due to bonuses involved), for ICO to be successful we need to raise 25% - 40% of the amount, the renaming 75% - 60% can be raised during a next round after we have our BETA launch in January. Raising 25% to 40% in this ICO will be enough to expand the team and carry our project forward into the next few months.

I hope this answers your questions regarding TRENDS, Trend Pool and Value of TRENDS
Not yet, so do you mean if all tokens were not sold by 25%-40% means that it was already successful and the remaining unsold tokens will be prompted again to an Ico sale in january and it will not only a single ico. But i think your project is good so goodluck.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:43:17 PM

What is trend pool for?

HI,

Not yetso do you mean if all tokens were not sold by 25%-40% means that it was already successful and the remaining unsold tokens will be prompted agin to an Ico sale ? Am i right?

What we mean is, by raising 25% - 40% of the amount we are seeking, we would be able to expand our dev and marketing teams and be able to build our beta quicker and also bring in users through marketing effort.
After this release, the remaining 75% - 60% TRENDS can be used for a second ICO, however the price would from be 3 to 10 times more based on success of our Beta Launch.

Opekin

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:05:03 PM

What is trend pool for?

HI,

Not yetso do you mean if all tokens were not sold by 25%-40% means that it was already successful and the remaining unsold tokens will be prompted agin to an Ico sale ? Am i right?

What we mean is, by raising 25% - 40% of the amount we are seeking, we would be able to expand our dev and marketing teams and be able to build our beta quicker and also bring in users through marketing effort.
After this release, the remaining 75% - 60% TRENDS can be used for a second ICO, however the price would from be 3 to 10 times more based on success of our Beta Launch.
Okay i get it. So what specific amount is 25%? for us to know it And it should be written in the OP so the people wouldn't ask it again this is the most problems with the ico. There is no such specific information that we can rely on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
🏆
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:40:24 PM

Social networking plays into our daily lives, trending.me is more than just social networking.

We have identified several types of users, trendsetters, merchants, investors, content creators, advertisers, service providers. All can benefit from being on this platform.

Read our whitepaper to learn how these types of users fit into the project : http://www.trending.me/concept.pdf

leslie4u

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:13:10 PM

Seems interesting but then to be honest I am not sure how you can bring the two world together. RDD coins tried that, meaning they tried to tip their users for blogs and social media but then never succeeded. Their Dev are still struggling to join the two world and along with few other challenges. Your concept looks good but honestly, this will require a lot of hard word.

Will continue to follow your project. here's wishing you and your team all the very best.
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 02:41:23 AM

Seems interesting but then to be honest I am not sure how you can bring the two world together. RDD coins tried that, meaning they tried to tip their users for blogs and social media but then never succeeded. Their Dev are still struggling to join the two world and along with few other challenges. Your concept looks good but honestly, this will require a lot of hard word.

Will continue to follow your project. here's wishing you and your team all the very best.

Thanks, Hard work is the prerequisite for any project to succeed.

With that being said, the fundamentals trending.me is based on are different from RDD. Trending.me is an entire platform while RDD is looking at integrating into several networks like reddit and youtube etc.

The two worlds can come together with ease of use,
1. For a regular user trending.me is another website where they would post photos and get paid, they do not need to know everything about crypto, they just need to understand TRENDS, how to earn it(by uploading photos) and how to buy it.
2. For merchants we are already using direct marketing to get in touch with them, hence we are educating them as part of the onboarding process.

It all depends on presentation of the project, this is something we are good at and will keep getting better at so the hard work is built in, more than a tech startup, we are a design startup. We predict majority of our users will be women. You can checkout a blog post written on steemit, some few points have been made regarding this : https://steemit.com/trends/@efsane/earn-trends-with-your-fashion-style-and-attire-trending-me

Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 09:47:43 AM

I have an impression and your concept is good and i want to ask some questions.

Do you have an escrow for the funds to be collected ?
How long it would take and the possible exchange for the coin to be traded?
Lastly, what is the assurance that the merchants will accept your coins?
yussuf89
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1030

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:56:05 AM

I loved this project and its concept, also total amount to raise is very low and this is a very good thing.
An idea that could bring women to Trending.me and increase their familiarity to cryptocoins - I hope it will be a successful project.
Ardhi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:05:18 PM

this is not a new concept in the world of crytocurrenci, but putting selfie and panning as much as possible, will only be useful for people who are already famous, there is no possibility this project will go bankrupt because social media is a place of promotion that is potentially
trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:18:31 PM

I have an impression and your concept is good and i want to ask some questions.

Do you have an escrow for the funds to be collected ?
How long it would take and the possible exchange for the coin to be traded?
Lastly, what is the assurance that the merchants will accept your coins?

These are good questions,

Let me start with merchants,
We want to release our BETA by end of this year, our discussed marketing strategy to bring in users on trending.me is to go to colleges/streets in cities like Mumbai, Pune, Bangalore and Delhi. These are metro cities in India and a perfect market for us to start with.
We aim to bring in some style bloggers and influences as well. Hence, before we on boarding eCommerce stores, our phase 1 involves getting our beta out and getting users on the platform. Once the users have earned TRENDS and trends are paid out for at least 6 - 10 weeks we will then enable stores.

Soon after BETA launches while we on board users we will also on board at least 3 stores to start with. We did test visit to around 15 stores who already sell on amazon, they liked the idea and the visits gave us a lot of feedback. We would build an app that can aid right form uploading products to looking at and fulfilling orders. Some logistics questions did come up and we would tie up with a third party to start with. Also some of them did say they would like to be on a marketplace rather than be a "store" so we are looking at a marketplace model rather than a "stores" model. Some questions about taxes also did come up and we are researching these solutions. There is interest from merchants and we have to go through phase 1 to get there.

Did you mean escrow during ICO?
We do not have any escrow, my devs are exploring creating a smart contract, but we might not be going that route as we want to entertain contributions in BTC, LTC, XMR and few other currencies as well.
We are approaching for funding locally also, In fact with an initial local funding we were able to invest in a cool domain name to get this project going.

As for getting on exchanges we have not discussed internally as yet, this is on our to do list, it will be easier to get on an exchange once we have a BETA product out.

Also our complete roadmap can be found at : http://www.trending.me/ICO/#roadmap

trending.me (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 04:22:12 PM

this is not a new concept in the world of crytocurrenci, but putting selfie and panning as much as possible, will only be useful for people who are already famous, there is no possibility this project will go bankrupt because social media is a place of promotion that is potentially

Thank you for seeing the potential in the project.

It's not only useful for the trendsetters, but also other types of users such as merchants, service providers, advertisers and community in general

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: