Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:44:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: if you entered your wallet and you found 50BTC what you will do ?  (Read 14965 times)
psy112

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:41:53 AM

I just thought that I if this ever happened to me I might post it here since this is the only place where my BTC address is posted
There's a very small chance to receive wrong sent coins to your address considering the number of combinations available for a BTC address

But theres also a very small chance you win on the lottery, and people do win ;P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 06:45:20 AM

The chances that it was a random error/typing error/etc are virtually nil.  It would have to be someone who knows you/has transacted with you/etc.  So, be nice to the people you know and return it. Smiley

If it's a random error it most certainly doesn't have to be someone who knows you.

no seriously if i would use it, i should first have the same amount else where in case the owner asked for it.

How would someone be able to ask you for it back, they don't know who you are or how to contact you!

I like the idea of hanging onto it and watching the Forum...or I might post a note on the forum and say "who lost 50BTC" and if they can explain the exact timing and address sent from you can verify you're talking to the right person. Keeping a commission would be appropriate for the person who owns the BTC to give you, but you shouldn't take it on your own, that's just as bad as keeping it all to begin with.

P.S. I'd ask for 50BTC worth of trust be added to my account on this forum.

hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:55:27 AM

Purchase Real Estate, I can put purchase pieces of Real Estate through a variety of methods. This allows me to generate an additional stream of income which is a major key to building wealth, it sounds like me have a great job now but should something happen me want to have additional income coming in from a variety of sources. Grin Grin
buddu

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:38:30 AM

If this happened to me ever I will return him half of the total Bitcoins to teach him a lesson too.Who can not keep his wealth properly doesn't deserve to own it.50 Bitcoins is a big amount in fiat and everyone must be very very careful.
boopy265420
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:44:36 AM

If I open my wallet and find 50 BTC there without waiting I will return the whole amount to its owner.We all do mistakes and at least one chance everyone deserves to correct his mistake.I will contact him and gives his BTC's back without any condition.If that considers to tip me that will be fine.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:00:07 AM

I just thought that I if this ever happened to me I might post it here since this is the only place where my BTC address is posted
There's a very small chance to receive wrong sent coins to your address considering the number of combinations available for a BTC address

But theres also a very small chance you win on the lottery, and people do win ;P

I believe in lottery and if I win lottery then I claim the money.
The bitcoins sent to me was random and by mistake, something that I didn't join like lottery.
When ever I lose money I always say to my self they need it most.
In this case I think the same, they may need it more than I do.
psy112

Activity: 346

psygambler

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 10:01:32 AM

I believe in lottery and if I win lottery then I claim the money.
The bitcoins sent to me was random and by mistake, something that I didn't join like lottery.
When ever I lose money I always say to my self they need it most.
In this case I think the same, they may need it more than I do.

Of course, that wasn't my point of comparing with the lottery, it was the odds part ;P

BrannigansLaw

Activity: 603

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:20:19 PM

I like how many of you say you would return the bitcoin but if I'm honest with myself, I think I wouldn't (under my current circumstances anyway). If it was an accidental transaction between buyer and seller yes, but if it's a random 50btc then no. I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to rip someone off though but I would justify to myself that it would be a lesson learnt to the sender.
Falconer
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1126

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:32:52 PM

So many people here answered they will give it back to the sender. But its a really difficult for those people who have a financial problem atm, and suddenly they got that big amount of bitcoin in their wallet. Could we say it is their fortune?

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
tsoPANos

Activity: 602

In math we trust.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:55:42 PM

Most likely it would try to see where it came from and return a portion of the amount to the original owner.
I would invest the remaining bitcoin in a reputable's site bankroll.
lastuser

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:06:26 PM

Sorry to the owner but I won't return it. Bitcoin transaction is irreversible Grin hehe. Those bitcoins were now mine! *devil laugh*
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:20:38 PM

So many people here answered they will give it back to the sender. But its a really difficult for those people who have a financial problem atm, and suddenly they got that big amount of bitcoin in their wallet. Could we say it is their fortune?

I remember a church cleaner once told me a story when a woman kneel for prayers inside the church and after that she saw an unattended wallet left by someone. She took the wallet but the the church cleaner approached the woman and church cleaner said to the woman "i'll take it as someone might come back and claim" the woman said "no! this is the answer to my prayers".

Same thing might happen if the 50 BTC is deposited to a wrong BTC address.
Saruman

Activity: 225
Merit: 103

Wizard

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:43:30 PM

Send me 50 BTC, you'll see what I'll do Roll Eyes

Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:48:27 PM

Send me 50 BTC, you'll see what I'll do Roll Eyes
LOL, you forgot to post your btc address man! Grin I'd like to see the result Grin
lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 03:49:38 PM

I would send a note to get his contact details to discuss further
And i would send him back all of them, if he wants to give me reward/tips then it is welcome.
The situation is pretty same of "if you find on the street a wallet what would you do"
Za1n
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:03:45 PM

Sadly, that too is no longer the case.... http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/31/news/illinois-lottery/
Sourgummies

Activity: 728

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:46:09 PM

I had not logged into my wallet for a well and was hoping some one had gave me a bump. Grin

50 btc is about the cost of the home inspection course I plan to take next year about 16K. Want to change my field of work and take advantage of working around my own schedule.
Right now I work for a company that offers no overtime and I look at the guys 5 years older than me,their bodies are toast.
Kind of sick of working all day and being to tired to do anything after work as well. Know the future will only be harder to adjust to physically.

kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:18:31 PM

transfer them in other wallet ....that means who put that btc in my wallet haves nothing to do with btc Grin

Cxinbolen

Activity: 176
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:27:33 PM

I would send a note to get his contact details to discuss further
And i would send him back all of them, if he wants to give me reward/tips then it is welcome.
The situation is pretty same of "if you find on the street a wallet what would you do"
If anything, I'd say giving me 10BTC would be more than fair. Heck, giving him 0.00001BTC and keeping the rest would be fair; at least he got some bitcoins instead of losing them all! Wink
neochiny

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

Crypto.games

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 10:37:39 PM

lolz seriously? what will i do? hmm.. no lies i will definetly withdraw it the moment i saw it.hahaha...
i dont know much about nodes or how to trace back the sender. so its better to keep it myself..
il just think it as a blessing... besides i did not take it to anyone... its in my wallet. Tongue hehe...
but all of this is just a dream.. so wake up  now...  Cool Kiss

████  ███████  ███
██████████
███      ███████
███      ███████████
██████████████████
████████
███   ████  ███████████
███ ███████████████
█████████
█████████████████
███  ███████