Bitcoin Forum
October 12, 2024, 03:45:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 28.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-08-26] Online Bitcoin course by Princeton now available on Coursera  (Read 587 times)
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:19:55 PM

World renowned Princeton University has started an online course on Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies. The course will be available on Coursera, which is a leading education platform that aims to partner with “leading universities and organizations worldwide, to offer courses online for anyone to take, for free.”

http://www.newsbtc.com/2015/08/26/online-bitcoin-course-by-princeton-now-available-on-coursera/
OhMyCoin

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

Long live Bitcoin.

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:52:09 AM

I like Coursera. But I would suggest Princeton makes one more Bitcoin-related course for non-technical users. It would drive crypto adoption, I suppose
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:10:49 AM

Excellent initiative which affirms the validity of the technology of bitcoin and the Cryptocurrency Technologies in general. This is another sign which testify the future of bitcoin and the technology which support it.
tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 10:15:32 AM

I like Coursera. But I would suggest Princeton makes one more Bitcoin-related course for non-technical users. It would drive crypto adoption, I suppose
I second this idea, it would be great to have something along the lines of an introduction to Bitcoin for the everyday person to spend some time on and then feel confident in what Bitcoin is, this is a good move though and will inspire others to do similar courses.
tyz (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:43:45 PM

Another article about the Bitcoin online courses by Princeton on BitcoinMagazine

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/21726/princeton-university-coursera-launch-free-online-courseon-bitcoin-cryptocurrencies/
nikona

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:01:43 PM

I second this idea, it would be great to have something along the lines of an introduction to Bitcoin for the everyday person to spend some time on and then feel confident in what Bitcoin is, this is a good move though and will inspire others to do similar courses.

Would likely do no good. There are already lots of videos on the same, but a lot of people dont prefer watching them. A course on bitcoin would likely not be watched by people who haven't delved into bitcoin before.

For the bitcoin crowd, this would definitely be a great step forward specially as its still a technology which is being improved.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: