Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:28:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why war is good  (Read 4952 times)
r0ach (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:38:40 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2015, 09:32:35 PM by r0ach

War, the best consensus mechanism

I'm sure everyone has seen the anti-bullying public service announcements on TV all the time now.  Well, small animals from cats to dogs and anything else tend to beat the hell out of each other.  It's a natural selection process to determine which genes spread and which don't, something that will never go away.

Humans happen to be animals, and the human social structure consists of:  

Individual > family > tribe or village > city state based on the same ethnocentric majority > affiliation of those city states to form a nation

Since we live on a rock with finite resources and finite space, the so called "bullying" extends past the adolescent stage all the way up to city states and nations in the form of war.  The main purpose of war is for groups sharing common genetic ancestry to compete against different groups and determine which ones will occupy this finite space and resources in the future.  This has gone on for thousands of years all across Europe.

The tragedy is not war itself, it's when the war movement is hijacked for something else besides the natural selection process for which it's intended.  "TPTB" do not use war for natural selection, they push Marxism, which is the antithesis of evolution and natural selection, while still participating in acts of war that serve no real purpose.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 07:21:57 PM

You know how you see anti-bullying public service announcements all the time now?  Well, small animals from cats to dogs and anything else tend to beat the hell out of each other.  It's a natural selection process to determine which genes spread and which don't, something that will never go away.

Humans happen to be animals, and the human social structure consists of:  

Individual > family > tribe or village > city state based on the same ethnocentric majority > affiliation of those city states to form a nation

Since we live on a rock with finite resources and finite space, the so called "bullying" extends past the adolescent stage all the way up to city states and nations in the form of war.  The main purpose of war is for groups sharing common genetic ancestry to compete against different groups and determine which ones will occupy this finite space and resources in the future.  This has gone on for thousands of years all across Europe.

The tragedy is not war itself, it's when the war movement is hijacked for something else besides the natural selection process for which it's intended.  "TPTB" do not use war for natural selection, they push Marxism, which is the antithesis of evolution and natural selection, while still participating in acts of war that serve no purpose besides maybe short term financial gain.

I'll join in here  Wink

"It's a natural selection process to determine which genes spread and which don't"
That's not WHY....but rather, the obvious outcome.

""TPTB" do not use war for natural selection, they push Marxism, which is the antithesis of evolution and natural selection, while still participating in acts of war that serve no purpose besides maybe short term financial gain."

Who is to say how humanity should evolve?  We have the technology to circumvent the trials and errors (so to speak) of natural selection with our knowledge of genetics and modification...but if we began artificially enhancing & perfecting everyone's genetic makeup, I'm sure the major pharmaceutical and insurance industries would have quite the hissy fit, to say the least...!  Grin

In my opinion, war is just a method to control most, and gain profit for few.  If humanity could unite under a central 'government' (I don't know what to call it without evoking images of 'New World Order' conspiracies) and channel the money (used for war and other bullshit) into a massive space colonization program, maybe then we could truly evolve.  Harvesting resources from asteroids, living in space stations or surface colonies; we would finally have a 'backup plan' in the event of a catastrophe occurring on Earth (it's going to happen one day, but who the hell knows when or how), and solve the burdens of pollution, overpopulation, and conflict over resources (although conflict is bound to happen in space because humans suck).

My vote goes towards the production and colonization of either O'neill Cylinders (img) (img) or the Stanford Torus (img) (img)

Cheers Cheesy
sinking8ball

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 07:48:41 PM

the war is never good, yes it might reduce the amount of people but it does not help to develop as people destroy other countries and other potentially talented people that means war is stopping the development not making it faster

btw when you say that war is beneficial wouldnt you mind to be killed just because of "evolution" of man kind or other "benefits"?
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:11:59 PM

the war is never good, yes it might reduce the amount of people but it does not help to develop as people destroy other countries and other potentially talented people that means war is stopping the development not making it faster

I'd be willing to bet that war doesn't even put a dent into reducing population size.  UNICEF estimates that about 353,000 babies are born each day (source, article from last year so the numbers probably changed slightly).  The ongoing war in Syria, which started in 2011, has claimed an estimated 320,000 deaths (source)...and that's over a span of four years!

sinking8ball

Activity: 19

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:14:52 PM

I'd be willing to bet that war doesn't even put a dent into reducing population size.  UNICEF estimates that about 353,000 babies are born each day (source, article from last year so the numbers probably changed slightly).  The ongoing war in Syria, which started in 2011, has claimed an estimated 320,000 deaths (source)...and that's over a span of four years!

well ok i made a mistake, its not reducing it it slows the growth...

also you did not answer my question...
Don007
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007

Live like there is no tomorrow!

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:22:58 PM

I guess that depends on which war you are looking to. Look at all the casualities of the WOII ~ depending on your source - 72.000.000. I guess that does reduce the population size (and does reduce the population growth too). In times of war, also less children are born - I guess that something we can say as we've seen an huge increase in the amount of births after the war.

{Curently quite inactive as I'm really busy in my private life. I will get back soon!}

-> Your line here during my inactivity? Feel free to PM <-
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:42:34 PM

...you didn't ask a question....
330nosc0pe

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:52:10 PM

...you didn't ask a question....
im pretty sure he asked it though it seems it was an edit so you might have missed it...

here it is:
btw when you say that war is beneficial wouldnt you mind to be killed just because of "evolution" of man kind or other "benefits"?
xgold

Activity: 57

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 12:53:52 PM

Because someone is making huge money with.
It is all about money Wink
Racey
Legendary

Activity: 1134

Soon, I have to go away.

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:02:28 PM

Because someone is making huge money with.
It is all about money Wink

You are correct on that statement, see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1162119.msg12251926#msg12251926

And its gone.
xmaxbit

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:33:40 PM

Are you serious ? A war is never serious . If a war occurs, countries get 10 years back economically .
onemorexmr

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:38:54 PM

Are you serious ? A war is never serious . If a war occurs, countries get 10 years back economically .

americans in WW2?
they have taken our scientists and gold...and they are still controlling us. so they won Wink

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:01:24 PM

Ha?war is good? When?.. War isn't good.. War is not the solution for population. Maybe war is good to those people making huge money in war and don't care on other's life.
flock123

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:05:06 PM

there is no good war, in addition to expanding the area and take other people's rights
Scaccomatt0
Legendary

Activity: 1120

https://cryptoworld.io

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 04:30:12 PM

Most of new technologies are developed from military concepts and most fundraising comes from military government.

Btw, war is not good.

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
               ______
          __███████████████_      █████         █████          █████           █████
       _█████████████████████      █████         █████        █████           █████
     _███████¯¯¯     ¯¯██████       █████         █████      █████           █████
   _██████¯            ¯████¯        █████         █████    █████           █████
  ██████¯                             █████          ██████████            █████
 ██████                               █████          ██████████            █████
 █████                                 █████         ██████████            █████
█████                                  █████          ████████            █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████             █████
█████                                  █████           ██████            █████    
█████                                   █████          ██████          █████    
 █████                                  █████          ██████          █████
 ██████                                 █████          ██████        █████
  ██████_                                █████         ██████        █████
   ¯██████_            _████_            █████        ████████       █████
     ¯███████___     __██████            █████      █████  █████     █████
       ¯█████████████████████             █████    █████    █████   █████
          ¯¯███████████████¯               ████████████      ███████████
               ¯¯¯¯¯¯                      ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯         ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
|

FAUCET
ICO
ANDROID

████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
andysbizz

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:11:08 PM

War will never be something good no matter how justified it.
onemorexmr

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:13:21 PM

it depends for whom:

people: war is bad
looser: war is bad
government of winner: war is good
weapon producer of winner: war is good

i actually hate war; but that doesnt change that facts

XMR || Monero || monerodice.net || xmr.to || mymonero.com || openalias.org || you think bitcoin is fungible? watch this
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 05:33:30 PM

it depends for whom:

people: war is bad
looser: war is bad
government of winner: war is good
weapon producer of winner: war is good

i actually hate war; but that doesnt change that facts

Truth! Adding to your statement, usually the government of winner is in bed with the weapon producer Smiley Boeing, Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, Raytheon....every war makes the politicians richer for lobbying to use their favorite brand of bullets!!!!
bojan92

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:57:22 PM

What can be good in a war. Just more money for the leaders of the states from the weapon they are buying. Many soldiers dead, many families without their houses, or member of the family, what is good in that? Make peace and love not war Wink
kenbytes

Activity: 392

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:59:52 PM

War is not good ... is good only for those people who make money ... after a war ... start a new life back in the future Smiley)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: