Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:16:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What are Grounds for Negative Trust?  (Read 346 times)
jeffthebaker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1034

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:47:37 AM

Anyone who has been on this forum for a bit understands the importance of trust. With a poor trust rating, it is hard to make purchases, receive loans, and even participate in signature campaigns. For such an important factor involved, I'm surprised there aren't more concrete guidelines as to what justifies negative trust.

Obviously, doing things such as scamming is grounds for negative trust. If you take out a loan and don't repay it, you deserve the red mark under your username. In addition, it appears to be common practice in the lending section to mark accounts asking for loans without collateral as untrustworthy.

Aside from this, I cannot think of many unspoken rules. The problem I see is that there are a lot of grey area (laundering money, selling stolen goods, blackhat merchants, etc.) where most people are not given poor trust, and many even are awarded good trust. However, there are a few lucky individuals in each controversial market that are subject to the red mark of death, and they typically lose most of their business as a result.

So, is there any list of activities that is agreed upon by the default trust users as grounds for a negative trust rating? I spent a considerable amount of time looking throughout the forums, but I couldn't find a comprehensive list anywhere.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:51:10 AM

the grounds for leaving negative trust is you feel the person is shady/shouldnt be trusted. thats the point of the trust system.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 02:58:10 AM

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

Direct from the trust page. If you've been scammed, leave negative feedback. If you strongly believe that someone is a scammer, leave negative feedback but you should make sure you have something to back you up in case they decide to cry trust abuse. That last part is important these days as there are members who will create new accounts, act shady but complete legit deals just to try and prove their point about the "broken" trust system. That doesn't change the fact that most members acting shady and scamming are indeed scammers though.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2301

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:02:14 AM

Negative - You were scammed or you strongly believe that this person is a scammer.

Direct from the trust page. If you've been scammed, leave negative feedback. If you strongly believe that someone is a scammer, leave negative feedback but you should make sure you have something to back you up in case they decide to cry trust abuse. That last part is important these days as there are members who will create new accounts, act shady but complete legit deals just to try and prove their point about the "broken" trust system. That doesn't change the fact that most members acting shady and scamming are indeed scammers though.
They will generally cry trust abuse regardless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: