Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 05:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We will break $200 again  (Read 10074 times)
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:30:25 PM

It will happen.

I'm a long term bull. But in the short to medium term. We are generally going down. Best case (side ways for a while).

Probably hit $133 or so.

Just my smooth-cents.  Grin

Why this pessimism mate? We need a strong bitcoin. It is the sign of independence and the symbol the people who believe in the freedom and unmanipulation of the money. If everyone which write about bitcoin will be so enthusiast as you bitcoin will go 10 bucks one after two months.

How is pessimism = price going down?

It is called calling a spade a spade. I'm calling it how I see it. Not pessimistic at all.

Bitcoin is strong. But if bitcoin is only strong because of how many dollars it cost to buy a bitcoin then the focus is off.

If you missed it I said "I'm a long term bull."

I think there needs to be a separate subsection of the speculation labeled perma-bulls only, where they can delude themselves into thinking price decreases are NEVER possible.

Anyway, I think most people on here realize there is great potential LONG TERM, but only some can realize there are a lot of challenges to overcome first, and price dips will happen here and there.

My question is this though: How did miners function/operate before the price was above $180?
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:02:52 PM

I think this time the support at $200 will be strong enough to not let it fall any lower. If it does go lower than $200 then it might stay there for a short while.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:43:02 PM

we need to leave the xt drama behind before we'll see a recovery. the price will surely go down again in the comming days. i only hope not much lower than $200. otherwise it will take a long time to get back the lost ground.
srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:41:42 PM

I think this time the support at $200 will be strong enough to not let it fall any lower. If it does go lower than $200 then it might stay there for a short while.

well the volumes and order books of exchanges show that $220 is pretty strong too defo 200$ is pretty unbreakable lol as miners cant mine with decent profit margins Cheesy

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:09:22 PM

If we break 200 again, it will be barely under 200 and short lived. Too much resistance there.

I think you mean to say support and not resistance.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:14:24 PM

It will happen.

I'm a long term bull. But in the short to medium term. We are generally going down. Best case (side ways for a while).

Probably hit $133 or so.

Just my smooth-cents.  Grin

Why this pessimism mate? We need a strong bitcoin. It is the sign of independence and the symbol the people who believe in the freedom and unmanipulation of the money. If everyone which write about bitcoin will be so enthusiast as you bitcoin will go 10 bucks one after two months.

How is pessimism = price going down?

It is called calling a spade a spade. I'm calling it how I see it. Not pessimistic at all.

Bitcoin is strong. But if bitcoin is only strong because of how many dollars it cost to buy a bitcoin then the focus is off.

If you missed it I said "I'm a long term bull."

I think there needs to be a separate subsection of the speculation labeled perma-bulls only, where they can delude themselves into thinking price decreases are NEVER possible.

Anyway, I think most people on here realize there is great potential LONG TERM, but only some can realize there are a lot of challenges to overcome first, and price dips will happen here and there.

My question is this though: How did miners function/operate before the price was above $180?
Easy: mining difficulty was much much lower

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:19:41 PM

well the volumes and order books of exchanges show that $220 is pretty strong too defo 200$ is pretty unbreakable lol as miners cant mine with decent profit margins Cheesy

Miners do not have to always be profitable.

Look at precious metal mining. Lots of mining companies are mining at a loss.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

srgkrgkj
Legendary

Activity: 1218

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:39:37 PM

I mean in temrs of bitcoin mining theres no possible way transactions alone can maintain the network >//>

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:44:24 PM

I mean in temrs of bitcoin mining theres no possible way transactions alone can maintain the network >//>

How is that subject relevant NOW when there is a block mining reward of 25 BTC currently?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

tyrexs

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:48:38 PM

How is that subject relevant NOW when there is a block mining reward of 25 BTC currently?

I hear next year only 12.5btc reward mining blocks. Will prices go up or otherwise bitcoin even drop dramatically. so sad to see the price of bitcoin now

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:50:22 PM

I hear next year only 12.5btc reward mining blocks. Will prices go up or otherwise bitcoin even drop dramatically. so sad to see the price of bitcoin now

The halving will be priced in before the actual halving occurs. This implies but not guarantees a price rise.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 08:57:50 PM

It's reaching $235 now and it's only going to increase from there not decrease. The demand for bitcoins has increased and highly doubt it may even touch $200 now.

smoothie (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:58:43 PM

It's reaching $235 now and it's only going to increase from there not decrease. The demand for bitcoins has increased and highly doubt it may even touch $200 now.

quoted for posterity

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:06:48 PM

Double-digits are possible. The protocol marches on relentlessly creating new bitcoin whether there's demand for them or not.

All the evidence so far indicates that bitcoin does poorly when the Chinese economy does poorly. Bitcoin is always down when the Chinese markets plunge.
The euro, Japanese yen, and Chinese yuan are all losing purchasing power. It's barely begun. Euro:dollar parity and 140 yen per dollar draw nearer. Even if people spend the same amount of fiat on bitcoin as before, they will end up supporting the price less because their currencies will be worth less.

Those with USD income will experience more purchasing power, but it will be canceled out by the increasing heaviness of their own USD-denominated debt: mortgages, student loans, sovereign debt, etc.

If bitcoin's price was going to break through $300 and stay there, then it would've happened on one of the past three attempts. There's no killer app here that can reverse the macroeconomic picture.

Many overeager bitcoin startups will go out of business. Many longs will be liquidated. (Going short is also dangerous because it doesn't take much money to spike the price and liquidate everyone.)

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:49:32 PM

Eventually the price will go up specially after 2021 when the next (not 2016 one) approaches.
By then fiat based capitalism may be exploding and BTC may experience insane ass uptrends of 6 figures per BTC.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:42:19 AM

Double-digits are possible. The protocol marches on relentlessly creating new bitcoin whether there's demand for them or not.

All the evidence so far indicates that bitcoin does poorly when the Chinese economy does poorly. Bitcoin is always down when the Chinese markets plunge.
The euro, Japanese yen, and Chinese yuan are all losing purchasing power. It's barely begun. Euro:dollar parity and 140 yen per dollar draw nearer. Even if people spend the same amount of fiat on bitcoin as before, they will end up supporting the price less because their currencies will be worth less.

Those with USD income will experience more purchasing power, but it will be canceled out by the increasing heaviness of their own USD-denominated debt: mortgages, student loans, sovereign debt, etc.

If bitcoin's price was going to break through $300 and stay there, then it would've happened on one of the past three attempts. There's no killer app here that can reverse the macroeconomic picture.

Many overeager bitcoin startups will go out of business. Many longs will be liquidated. (Going short is also dangerous because it doesn't take much money to spike the price and liquidate everyone.)

So if I were to have USD income and no debt I would win?

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BitmoreCoin

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:09:46 AM

The cost of mining is about $150. If it is below $200 for some time, some miners will be shutdown.
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:12:34 AM

If it gets below $190 I think there will be a washout.

may be you will waiting 2-3 months to get price under 200$
now price stabil at 220-230  and im sure will be up to 250$ Smiley

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:54:53 AM

So if I were to have USD income and no debt I would win?

Yes. Then you buy tons of commodities + precious metals + BTC and wait.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
shane

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:29:53 AM

The cost of mining is about $150. If it is below $200 for some time, some miners will be shutdown.

may be you must ceck again the cost of mining bitcoin at here http://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/bitcoin-mining-calculator
https://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

▄▄██████▄▄
      ╓▄███▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀███▄╖
   ▄███▀▀≈╜▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀╙≈▀▀███▄
 ▄██▀▄▓▀▄██▀╜    ╙▀██▄▀▓▄▀██▄
▐██,██║N▀`          '▀N║██ ██▌
██╜██╜╗                ╔╙██╙██
▐█▌█║                ║█µ▓▐█▌
▐█▌ ▐█║                ║█▌ ▐█▌
▐█▌▐╗█║                ║█╔▌▐█▌
██║▐█▄",              ,"▄█▌║██
▐██ ▀██½█▄▄        ▄▄█½██▀╓██▌
 ▀██▓▄▀▀╥▀▀▀      ▀▀▀╥▀▀▄▓██▀
   ▀▀███▓▄ª▀██████▀Q▄▓███▀▀
      ╙▀▀██▓▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀╜
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄       ▄▄        ▄▄    ▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄      ,▄▄▄
  ▄███▀▀▀▀███▄  ▄██▀▀▀██  ▄██████████   ███     ▐██▄       ██▌   █████  ▀███    ▄███▀
 ▐██▀      ▀██▌▐█▀        ██▀          █████    ▐████╗     ██▌           ╙▀█▀ ,███▀
 ██▌        ▐██           ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███ ███   ▐██▀██▄    ██▌   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ╙ ╔███"
▐██          ██▌          ████████   ███   ███  ▐██ `▀██▄  ██▌   ███████▀   ▄███,
 ██▌        ▐██           ██        ███     ██▌ ▐██   ╙███╗██▌            ,██████▄
 ▐██▄      ▄██▌▐█▄        ██▄      ███       █▌ ▐██     ╙████▌           ╔███  ▀██▄
  ▀███▄▄▄▄███▀  ▀██▄▄▄██  ▀█████  ███           ▐██       ▀██▌   █████  ▄██▌    ▀███▄
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀             ▀▀        ▀▀    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀"      "▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: