Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:22:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hosting around 100 TH/s in China or Iceland. Inputs needed  (Read 1341 times)
VCoinTech (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:44:17 PM

Hello. I've been through many threads pointing potential mining opportunities at either China or Iceland. I need inputs and suggestions for both the locations. My hardware consists of 51.4 TH/s  of Antminer S4+ and around 50 Th/s of Antminer S5.

1. Can someone tell me if people from other countries can setup mining facility in these locations?
2. As per your knowledge, Which part of China has the lowest electricity? (Sichuan. May be!)
3. What is the average price for Space in Sq.Mt or Sq.Ft in these locations?

Any other key points would be greatly appreciated. Smiley
GreatNorthData

Activity: 105
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 04:28:00 PM

Hey, we're the lowest cost hoster in the world. We're cheaper than both of these locations, and located in Labrador, Canada. Drop me an e-mail (james@greatnorthdata.com) and we can discuss pricing.

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com
VCoinTech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:18:13 PM

Hey, we're the lowest cost hoster in the world. We're cheaper than both of these locations, and located in Labrador, Canada. Drop me an e-mail (james@greatnorthdata.com) and we can discuss pricing.

I would have considered your option but I am looking to setup something of my own. And I am sure the customs duty will tear me apart if I ship out to your location. Sorry about that.
GreatNorthData

Activity: 105
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 05:48:02 PM

Customs is 5% of the value of equipment. Even with it, we're cheaper than anyone else. I've never seen our prices beat.

Also, you can't set up your own data centre for 50-60kW. The upfront costs are prohibitive for such a small operation. Even having someone there to reboot/fix machines doesn't make any sense. Good luck!

Lowest-Cost Miner Hosting:  greatnorthdata.com
ferol

Activity: 41
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 05:53:54 PM

Hello. I've been through many threads pointing potential mining opportunities at either China or Iceland. I need inputs and suggestions for both the locations. My hardware consists of 51.4 TH/s  of Antminer S4+ and around 50 Th/s of Antminer S5.

1. Can someone tell me if people from other countries can setup mining facility in these locations?
2. As per your knowledge, Which part of China has the lowest electricity? (Sichuan. May be!)

Hi! What about Venezuela? I can give you a good price, and help you with everything you need from shipping (which should be pretty cheap too) to visas, so you can come and see my warehouses.

Check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159107.0

Bitrated user: folivo.
VCoinTech (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:07:16 PM

Hi! What about Venezuela? I can give you a good price, and help you with everything you need from shipping (which should be pretty cheap too) to visas, so you can come and see my warehouses.

Check this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1159107.0

Venezuela seems amazing. Will get in touch with you soon. Thanks dear!
MCHouston

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:18:11 PM

I would have considered your option but I am looking to setup something of my own.

While I always encourage people to mine, the idea of building your own hashing center combined with the questions you are asking is not a good combination.  This adventure will likely mistakes that will cost you your profits.  I would recommend you go with hosting or talk to people in your area and visit functional profitable mines to understand all the mechanics, so you can eventually build your own mine.

Also, you can't set up your own data centre for 50-60kW. The upfront costs are prohibitive for such a small operation. Even having someone there to reboot/fix machines doesn't make any sense. Good luck!

While I will agree a small data center does not make sense cost wise, a small hashing center can be done on small scale if one knows what they are doing.  There is a big difference between the two.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
Tupsu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 09:21:37 PM
Last edit: September 02, 2015, 10:33:29 AM by Tupsu

100TH/s mining farm is pointless today.
It is so small.... for profit and to big, for hobby.

I have today, at the moment 46-47TH/s at my home (10Th/s in antpool , 37TH/s in nicehash.)
and 135 TH/s in hashnest. (117x S5)
Total 180Th/s , and it's still a pretty useless.

In my home has been the most 70TH/s miners, but I sell them all the time. Left 5x SP20 and many S5 + 2,8x Antminer S5+

When I buy a bunch of S7 , then I can easily go back to 70TH/s .

I have only 3 x50A 220V . Thus, the more economical miner is, then better for my home.

However, 10x S7 is almost 50 TH/s , so I can put in my home 100Th/s. But what is the point of this ? 250 day ROI ?

100Th/s incomes are today so low, even with free electricity. And I do not have free electricity.

I would have considered your option but I am looking to setup something of my own. And I am sure the customs duty will tear me apart if I ship out to your location. Sorry about that.

Do you really think that in China and Iceland are not customs duty ?
gallery2000

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 05:46:05 PM

I would not touch China, unless you are Chinese.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: