Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:19:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: This drama is ridiculous...  (Read 3601 times)
Monopoly

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:01:54 AM

I really fear of this range price ......... after each range price in long time we saw a crashing storm ..........

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr Moustache

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:07:05 AM

So the price is lower and has been. Who cares? Average down. Keep at it. Hold long-term. Eventually you'll break even and profit.
Ask the people who invested in Cabbage Patch dolls and Franklin Mint collectables how long-term holding worked out.

I think collectable Cabbage Patch Dolls are a bit different to a decentralized currency. Bitcoin will very likely go up and down for quite some time but I think it has a long life ahead of it and the potential for big gains is still huge.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:14:58 AM

I don't think you will see many seasoned vets complaining. Most of them are making money shorting BTC. They also know these swings happen. Its the new guys/gals who are not use to the market that complain.

Price swings are profit making opportunities for traders that know what to do. Great fun for traders but not so much for people who just bought coins.
Monopoly

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 09:14:05 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2015, 10:08:38 AM by Monopoly

I don't think you will see many seasoned vets complaining. Most of them are making money shorting BTC. They also know these swings happen. Its the new guys/gals who are not use to the market that complain.

Price swings are profit making opportunities for traders that know what to do. Great fun for traders but not so much for people who just bought coins.

Trade is gambling ........... all small trader will loss in long term ... like dice game that house edge never allow you be a winner a long term .......

Because of this %10 of traders are winner in the end .... These traders have so Money ,,,,, like million of dollars not like you or me with thousands of dollar........
BTChaintrader

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 12:39:51 PM

Trade is gambling ........... all small trader will loss in long term ... like dice game that house edge never allow you be a winner a long term .......

Because of this %10 of traders are winner in the end .... These traders have so Money ,,,,, like million of dollars not like you or me with thousands of dollar........

That's true for the FX market for example, but not for trading BTC. If you have millions of dollars, there is not enough liquidity in the BTC market, so actually if you are a small trader, BTC is the best financial instrument to trade with.
mordekaiser

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:30:18 PM

this reminds me of 90% of fiat day traders are in the same boat.

Just cause its in a different form lol. Most people think they can make a good ton of money by "predicating" price.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:02:04 PM

Just cause its in a different form lol. Most people think they can make a good ton of money by "predicating" price.

whales make huge profits with their manipulation, they know much better what will happen because they are the market movers. small traders can only make a guess about the right time to buy in and when to sell.
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:27:38 PM

The reason people are debating recent event is not because they believe bitcoin will fail in the long run, but because the price is probable to get a bit lower
before rising in meet with the halving that's happening next year. So why not wait a bit more with buy orders, or sell some of the stash and profit on the dip that's
coming our way, and they just rebuy lower and wait for the halving to do it's part.  People Traders are not dumb, or pu**ys, they just exploit what was given to make profit.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

tommorisonwebdesign

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:09:12 PM

whales make huge profits with their manipulation, they know much better what will happen because they are the market movers. small traders can only make a guess about the right time to buy in and when to sell.
That is so true especially in the stock market. Most people buying in have no idea about the economy they are investing in and whine about how they are losing money with bitcoin. People need to know what they are doing before they try making a living trading Bitcoin.

Signatures? How about learning a skill... I don't care either way. Everybody has to make a living somehow.
malzahar

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:03:35 AM

That is so true especially in the stock market. Most people buying in have no idea about the economy they are investing in and whine about how they are losing money with bitcoin. People need to know what they are doing before they try making a living trading Bitcoin.

so whats the best thing to do as a small timer?

just buy in when we see another $50 decrease? I think i`ll just focus on making more fiat if theres not much choice since its based on whales.
g-unit (OP)

Activity: 432

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:47:21 AM

so whats the best thing to do as a small timer?

just buy in when we see another $50 decrease? I think i`ll just focus on making more fiat if theres not much choice since its based on whales.

I would buy a small amount every week or X amount of time. That's what I do. And sure, if the price flash crashes, then I'll buy a handful.
Monopoly

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 12:27:50 PM

Best action at this time is selling coins and waiting for good news ...............
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 12:14:28 AM

I think collectable Cabbage Patch Dolls are a bit different to a decentralized currency. Bitcoin will very likely go up and down for quite some time but I think it has a long life ahead of it and the potential for big gains is still huge.
The Cabbage Patch Dolls operation is still in business. They operate "Babyland General Hospital", where the babies come from. There are tours, fake nurses and doctors, and lots of baby stuff. Cabbage Patch Kids has been running since 1978, decades longer than Bitcoin.

It's a lot like Bitcoin. You have to believe.
luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:38:03 AM

Best action at this time is selling coins and waiting for good news ...............

Good news like the barclays one?

I monitor reddit but even those news doesnt seem to affect price.. I thought it was a huge thing.

Since a bank finally recognized bitcoin to a accepted payment towards at a bank. I guess not big enough..?

http://arstechnica.co.uk/business/2015/09/barclays-to-become-the-first-major-bank-to-accept-bitcoin/

ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:28:50 AM

Good news like the barclays one?

I monitor reddit but even those news doesnt seem to affect price.. I thought it was a huge thing.

Since a bank finally recognized bitcoin to a accepted payment towards at a bank. I guess not big enough..?

http://arstechnica.co.uk/business/2015/09/barclays-to-become-the-first-major-bank-to-accept-bitcoin/

It does not help that Bitcoin is limited by protocol to close to 2 transactions per second, by the 1 MB blocksize limit. So it does not matter how many banks decide to accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin simply cannot grow.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
spndr7
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 07:02:09 AM

It does not help that Bitcoin is limited by protocol to close to 2 transactions per second, by the 1 MB blocksize limit. So it does not matter how many banks decide to accept Bitcoin, Bitcoin simply cannot grow.

Things will change on 11 Jan 2016 - forking with either BIP 100 or BIP 101 . Most likely BIP 101 is likely to emerge winner in the consensus poll.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: