Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:25:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: which site is the best for mining?  (Read 4402 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:35:55 PM

some where in online i have read about solar mining hardware which is very cheap, can anyone have knowledge about how it can run and how much cost. i am living in a remote area where solar mining will be worthy for me.

I think they meant the electricity from it is cheap.  By having solar you get electricity from the sun and not the grid making the electricity cheap.

BUT the initial cost is high in most cases.  Especially if talking about a lot of watt's.  You have to remember panels, battery's, wires, etc.  So a lot of upfront costs. Unless VERY high electricity were talking about a long ROI time on the gear.
poncawarrior

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:09:47 PM

When you place your coins on a exchange make sure it's fair - OKcoin is using bots to fake volumes
poloniexis using buying bots - so their pumping up volumes too... So make sure you check out your exchange

btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:12:59 PM

if you want to get mining without scam, rent a rig at rigrental Wink
cozk

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:38:17 PM

Buying BTC directly will make you more BTC at the end than buying mining hardware or contracts.

Not rocket science.
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 08:25:10 PM

if you want to get mining without scam, rent a rig at rigrental Wink

You pay a premium with rentals though.  Normally you will pay more then what the rig would have made if mining BTC. 

So not a good way if wanting BTC.  As normally cost more then you make.  The rig owners do it for profit greater then just mining BTC.
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:09:37 PM

some where in online i have read about solar mining hardware which is very cheap, can anyone have knowledge about how it can run and how much cost. i am living in a remote area where solar mining will be worthy for me.

I think they meant the electricity from it is cheap.  By having solar you get electricity from the sun and not the grid making the electricity cheap.

BUT the initial cost is high in most cases.  Especially if talking about a lot of watt's.  You have to remember panels, battery's, wires, etc.  So a lot of upfront costs. Unless VERY high electricity were talking about a long ROI time on the gear.

The ROI on solar investments for your own house is typically about 15-25 years, depending on electricity rate and consumption. So if you own a house you know ur going to live in for 15-25 years, I would do it. Actually I would combine solar and wind turbines. At least you have free electricity you can sell back to the grid if mining fails.

I would love to see someone do the math on a offgrid DIY solar system for 10x Antminer S7's, aka 12100W 24/7. How long ROI time are we talking? ^^
+U would probably save some money on skipping the PSU's, as the miners run on 12V?.

Hugroll

Activity: 756

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 09:15:03 PM

which site is the best for mining? 

If you want to mine Bitcoin with your computer, you are a couple of years late. You would need to buy ASIC, which may or may not pay for the electricity and make profit. Usually may not.
If you want to try out cloud mining.. that's debatable.. some claim that all are ponzi schemes. There are many scams and even if you find a good one, the profit is not great.
So unless you have free power and a warehouse of ASICs, I'd advice you not to mine Bitcoin. If you want some, better buy.

If you want to mine with your computer for learning purpose, I suggest you try to mine some altcoins. Which coin? Pick one with friendly community, for start.
If you want to make profit from mining, you should research and find the altcoin that you cam make profit on. And you have a slight chance if you have a state-of-the-art GPU and you want to mine with it.

After all this, you can search for "best site" for mining, but usually all are the same and the coin list them in its OP.

Yep, I hear dogecoins are pretty good to mine rn, you can even exchange em for other cryptocurrencies after you mine em.
toodamntired

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 04:06:59 PM

I cannot figure out why electricity seems to be an issue. maybe I just do not get how to calculate the amount of electricity an asic uses in a 24 hour period...

Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 04:10:46 AM

I think they meant the electricity from it is cheap.  By having solar you get electricity from the sun and not the grid making the electricity cheap.

BUT the initial cost is high in most cases.  Especially if talking about a lot of watt's.  You have to remember panels, battery's, wires, etc.  So a lot of upfront costs. Unless VERY high electricity were talking about a long ROI time on the gear.

The ROI on solar investments for your own house is typically about 15-25 years, depending on electricity rate and consumption. So if you own a house you know ur going to live in for 15-25 years, I would do it. Actually I would combine solar and wind turbines. At least you have free electricity you can sell back to the grid if mining fails.

I would love to see someone do the math on a offgrid DIY solar system for 10x Antminer S7's, aka 12100W 24/7. How long ROI time are we talking? ^^
+U would probably save some money on skipping the PSU's, as the miners run on 12V?.

You will need 104 Solar Frontier panels.

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:26:25 AM

I wouldn't recommend you to mine using a cloud mining site now that there have been a lot of scams lately. Most cloud mining sites are ponzis and are very likely to close up shop and run away with your money. It is advised for you to make a research before investing in such services. Stick to this rule: "Never invest what you can't afford to lose" and you'll be fine.  Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:02:06 AM

I am ready to invest some money on mining.  So can any one suggest me best offline miner to purchase, which is profitable for long term?
GermanGiant

Activity: 784

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:32:50 PM

I am ready to invest some money on mining.  So can any one suggest me best offline miner to purchase, which is profitable for long term?
Maintaining a mining gear is a headache. Those who have nothing else to do in life, does hardware mining. Moreover, if you have to pay for elctricity, you'd probably never see any profit. Better try cloud mining. Pre-calculate your profit in any of the mining calculators below...

1. www.cloudmining.website/calculator.php

2. https://alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:37:56 PM
Last edit: September 09, 2015, 12:22:44 PM by btccashacc

You pay a premium with rentals though.  Normally you will pay more then what the rig would have made if mining BTC.  

So not a good way if wanting BTC.  As normally cost more then you make.  The rig owners do it for profit greater then just mining BTC.

but rent a rig is good profit if you can get more Lucky (at mining altcoin/shitcoin)
LimitedDev

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 04:30:47 PM

I like ghash.io and slushpool most. They are stable and I work with them for years now.
butdabass

Activity: 152

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 10:19:55 PM

may be genesis mining still best for now..
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:39:20 AM

Yep  Smiley

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
hoian0809
Legendary

Activity: 1020

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:57:19 AM

I like antpool.

Antpool is the mining pool from the manufacturers of antminer mining hardware. They offer a 0% fee, daily payouts and an easy web interface for statistics.
Nexious

Activity: 140

Nexious.com Admin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 07:39:25 AM

It depends on a few factors as there are different types of pool payment methods (PPS, PPLNS etc just to name a few) also pool fees, server location and pool hashrate pay a factor.

https://nexious.com - Bitcoin Mining Pool - 5BTC Block Finder Bonus!*
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 08:02:36 AM

seems a bit expensive to me, hashnet has better price and has the s7 available already, so better maintanance fees
Pro Gamers

Activity: 700

morir es descansar

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 09:07:30 AM

seems a bit expensive to me, hashnet has better price and has the s7 available already, so better maintanance fees

If genesis will happen to decrease the prize per ghs like hashnest does i would possibly invest because unlike other cloud mining sites out there they are one used to be in public.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: