Bitcoin Forum
August 18, 2024, 02:20:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need help setting up my first bitcoin rig.  (Read 1096 times)
Doubie (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:51:47 PM

Now, I have everything prepared, and I get quite paranoid about how to set it up, so I came to this community for help.
I know this is how I start setting it up on the Raspberry Pi:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev autoconf libtool
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer ./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bitfury
make && make install

But once that's all done how do I get my 10 yellow jacket USB miners working on the Raspberry pi? What will the command be to get all the miners to work at once?
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:20:20 AM

Now, I have everything prepared, and I get quite paranoid about how to set it up, so I came to this community for help.
I know this is how I start setting it up on the Raspberry Pi:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade
apt-get install libusb-1.0-0-dev libusb-1.0-0 libcurl4-openssl-dev libncurses5-dev libudev-dev autoconf libtool
git clone https://github.com/ckolivas/cgminer ./autogen.sh
./configure --enable-bitfury
make && make install

But once that's all done how do I get my 10 yellow jacket USB miners working on the Raspberry pi? What will the command be to get all the miners to work at once?

Try a few at a time.  Chances of a powered hub being able to run 10 of them is very slim.   It's just a lot of power and most hubs dont have it.

Honestly you might look at ebaying them and getting some gekkoscience stick miners.   Just a lot more modern stick miner.
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:23:15 AM

I'm not talking about having the power to get them all running at once, I'm looking what command do I have to use on the raspberry pi to get them all to work.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:32:36 AM

I'm not talking about having the power to get them all running at once, I'm looking what command do I have to use on the raspberry pi to get them all to work.

I would test with 1 at first just to make sure it works then move from there adding and see what max is.  But take a look here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=443201.msg5861825#msg5861825

Searching that post seems to have been able to work for someone else.  Best of luck.
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 07:40:56 AM

Those commands are exactly the same as the ones I have above, I want to know the command that actually runs cgminer with 10 yellow jackets.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 08:22:33 AM

Those commands are exactly the same as the ones I have above, I want to know the command that actually runs cgminer with 10 yellow jackets.

Have you tried just one with it?  Get one working then add a second... third... etc.  You will find out limit that way.
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:23:40 AM

Ah, as I said I get paranoid about setting it up. I want to know the command for starting up cgminer with 1, and how to add more. Also, do I need to create a config file like it shows in some tutorials? They were quite old tutorials though.
altcoinhosting2

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:28:42 AM

Ah, as I said I get paranoid about setting it up. I want to know the command for starting up cgminer with 1, and how to add more. Also, do I need to create a config file like it shows in some tutorials? They were quite old tutorials though.

You can get the command from about any pool you join... That way everything is filled in correctly for the pool you're going to use...

About using 10 miners: your cgminer should detect any new miners you plug in, so just plug in one, start cgminer, plug in a second one,.... Keep on doing this untill you blow your powered hub  Grin

██████████████████████▔|▔▔|      LEDGER WALLETSecond factorMalware Proof
████████████████████▔|▔▔|
██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:34:31 AM

The pool will tell me what command I need to use for the raspberry pi to boot up cgminer? Does slush's pool supply that command? Also, I used to mine back in 2011 so I was used to you having to run a command telling cgminer what USB miners you plug in, I didn't realise the raspberry pi cgminer now detects them, how neat. (If slush's pool does supply the command for the raspberry pi, do you mind posting it in the thread? So I have it all on one page)
altcoinhosting2

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:38:28 AM

The pool will tell me what command I need to use for the raspberry pi to boot up cgminer? Does slush's pool supply that command? Also, I used to mine back in 2011 so I was used to you having to run a command telling cgminer what USB miners you plug in, I didn't realise the raspberry pi cgminer now detects them, how neat. (If slush's pool does supply the command for the raspberry pi, do you mind posting it in the thread? So I have it all on one page)

you've compiled cgminer for the correct usbminer... I run a couple u2's at home, and i just use the command i find on the pool's "getting started" page... works like a charm...

At the moment, i don't use slush's pool... Don't remember where i put my password either... But pools usually have a pretty clear page where they put that stuff  Smiley

EDIT: it doesn't matter if you use a PC, AIX server, raspberry pi... The command to start up the mining software is always the same Wink, the way you have to compile it differs tough...

██████████████████████|▔▔| ◀◀ Smartcard based Hardware Wallet - Worldwide Shipping
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:42:53 AM

Well, on asicrunners website (the site I ordered the yellow jackets from) they provided instructions to install the yellow jacket cgminer, so that's fine. Also we don't need to create a config file anymore? I have been living under a rock for quite some time then.
altcoinhosting2

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:44:16 AM

Well, on asicrunners website (the site I ordered the yellow jackets from) they provided instructions to install the yellow jacket cgminer, so that's fine. Also we don't need to create a config file anymore? I have been living under a rock for quite some time then.

If i remember correctly, you can use them both ways... Start them from the command line, with all the necessary parameters or make a config file and start cgminer without parameters....

Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 11:53:02 AM
Last edit: August 28, 2015, 12:15:25 PM by Doubie

To be honest, I prefer without the config file, so if you look at the github link I provided in the first post for the cgminer, that version will auto detect the USB miners?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:46:26 PM

To be honest, I prefer without the config file, so if you look at the github link I provided in the first post for the cgminer, that version will auto detect the USB miners?

It should detect it yes.  But a lot of the info is old so this could be old.

The reason multiple are telling you go with 1 and then go up.  Your powered hub will only do so many, raspberry pi has limitations aswell. So start just 1 get it working.  Stop add another it should detect it.  Eventually you will find the limit I doubt your hub will do all 10 on power.  Finding this perfect number is the hard part.

What hub are you using we can tell more if you share that?
Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 01:04:55 PM

I am using this hub: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00NMF8ZWA/ref=mp_s_a_1_10?qid=1440695810&sr=8-10&pi=AC_SX110_SY165&keywords=powered+usb+hub+10+port
bronxnua

Activity: 92

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 07:34:36 PM

I am using  A 49 PORT HUB and have 20 of the Yellow jackets working..  just run   sudo  ./cgminer   -o for your site to mine  -u your user name - p password  

Then once you are in hit S - W and hit return.

if you have to reboot the raspberry just go to  cd  cgminer or the name of your directory and type  sudo ./cgminer  once you saved the parameters that are working.

Doubie (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 08:51:52 AM

I managed to get it working, my hub can handle 7 miners, so its ok, Ill need to buy another hub though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: