Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 03:11:03 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: lets say that you have lots of bitcoin and the price keeps dropping till it reached 50$ what you will do.  (Voting closed: August 31, 2015, 02:33:07 PM)
i lose trust, sell every thing that i have - 3 (9.4%)
i lose trust, but i will see - 2 (6.3%)
i still have trust, and i will see - 1 (3.1%)
i still have trust, and i will buy bitcoin with every thing i own - 16 (50%)
i still have trust, and i will keep my bitcoins in my wallet - 10 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What you will do if bitcoin price drops to 50$ and you have lots of bitcoin  (Read 15830 times)
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2015, 08:35:20 PM

I wouldn't sell it as a distress sale. I would let them be in the wallet and not bother to check the price again as it's not worth. Since I mainly earn bitcoins and not invest in it by converting fiat into bitcoins, I'm OK with losing the amount I have earned rather than selling them and going for a loss. I've had a similar experience earlier where I just let it go rather than cry for my loss.

Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 03:24:02 AM

I wouldn't sell it as a distress sale. I would let them be in the wallet and not bother to check the price again as it's not worth. Since I mainly earn bitcoins and not invest in it by converting fiat into bitcoins, I'm OK with losing the amount I have earned rather than selling them and going for a loss. I've had a similar experience earlier where I just let it go rather than cry for my loss.
Yes undetermined panic sell will lead to huge losses. Same thing will applicable for buying side also. Panic buy will lead to losses usually. Guess some has bought bitcoin $1200 that was the reason we had a life time highest price. He must done that just not to miss the bitcoin movement with panic.
dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 05:28:48 AM

Same here. I haven't actually invested anything from my own purse but rather the rollover of my earnings in bitcoin. I was in it mainly for educational purposes, earning bitcoins came as a bonus for me. If in case it goes down? That is fine by me, since I cannot actually sell it because others would be doing the same, too.
knowhow

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:50:09 PM

I had invested some pennies at bitcoin and i had returned the fiat to my account soo now all earnings are my profit from my investment made on that time,and signature.If this could happen i would be pissed but i would sell for low value for sure.I consider bitcoin the next gold investment.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 19, 2015, 11:52:39 PM

I had invested some pennies at bitcoin and i had returned the fiat to my account soo now all earnings are my profit from my investment made on that time,and signature.If this could happen i would be pissed but i would sell for low value for sure.I consider bitcoin the next gold investment.

selling your coins for such a low amount isn't worth it. the price will rebound at some point and you'll end up being angry at yourself for selling.
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:08:08 AM

I'll complete my first full bitcoin in a second but of course and become an "official" bitcoin holder. However if such drop happens I don't think it will ever survive after that. I know it's still alive and well after the $1200 drop but that's another story.
MasterYii

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:58:00 AM

and do you think that will happen in 2015 ?

Probably keep it and if some people will sell their coins then I 'm going to buy their coins.
mordekaiser

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:10:13 AM

Probably buy some more coins, I dont think it will happen this year nor it will ever happen.
Nami

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:24:57 AM

I would be depress to the point of selling away my coins to other miners and not to engage in investing bitcoins again.
Nasus

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:49:28 AM

I would sell my coins and buy another.
Gather some more coins so that when the time comes when the coin is at a good price that is the right time to sell them away.
Nautiluss

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:11:27 AM

If the price will drop I would buy some more coins and keep it.
Nidaleee

Activity: 167

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:37:44 AM

I keep my coins intact and sell it when the price is right.
Nocturne

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:48:23 AM

I will buy more coins and keep it and sell when the price is right.
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:01:24 AM

selling your coins for such a low amount isn't worth it. the price will rebound at some point and you'll end up being angry at yourself for selling.

This. The fact, everyone in here that isn't holding long term and by long term I mean at least 10 years, IS going to be angry at themselves at some. Eventually, it will just go higher than you ever imagined when you sold, and you'll be severely pissed off at your past decisions. This is why im not going to sell any unless I really need the money for something really important, otherwise it's all stack and hold all day everyday.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 09:05:24 AM

I will 'hoard' it all and be the bitcoin king...like those 'gods of today' beanie baby collectors!

Then when they put me in the 'home' years from now with my ratty bathrobe and slippers and toothbrush..I will have a huge amount of BTC on my usb
drive (number wise anyway) call it 'my precious" and have something to do there at the home.

(wtf will be much more 'tidy' collecting useless btc at that point on my usb then if I would have collected 'cats' before they eventually plop me in such a place!

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
smith coins

Activity: 504

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 01:51:02 PM

A lot people will hold their BTC forever.

Or logically, they already convert their BTC first to the other "investment" before the prive drop to 1 BTC = 50 USD

And it's not easy like that to make BTC price drop.

I don't think A LOT of people will hold on to their coins forever. Most people will base it off speculation and once they see people are losing faith, then they will dump their coins immediately.

If the people have get free or invested a little in the early stage of bitcoin then i think that they might hold the coins for a long time but not forever, however if someone invest in something he wants to get the money back and with a little profit so i would stay and not sell at $50.
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 03:38:28 PM

A lot people will hold their BTC forever.

Or logically, they already convert their BTC first to the other "investment" before the prive drop to 1 BTC = 50 USD

And it's not easy like that to make BTC price drop.

I don't think A LOT of people will hold on to their coins forever. Most people will base it off speculation and once they see people are losing faith, then they will dump their coins immediately.

If the people have get free or invested a little in the early stage of bitcoin then i think that they might hold the coins for a long time but not forever, however if someone invest in something he wants to get the money back and with a little profit so i would stay and not sell at $50.

Yes. A true bitcoin lover will hold his bitcoin even the price goes below $50. From the current mining cost estimation bitcoin prices must be above $200 levels. So, $50 levels are just a spike in trading, market will recover within minutes to current levels.
Pantheon

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 05:11:59 PM

I think that if bitcoin gets to around $50, then bitcoin is going to die.  Then I would sell them.
bearex

Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 06:10:04 PM

Definately not sell them, unless the drop was justified and i would believe it will drop to 0. If not, i would keep what i have and probably buy a few more.
knowhow

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 10:54:02 PM

Well first i sold the coins because i needed those money to pay bills ,soo i had invested money that i were needing ,about the rest of the post i missed and wouldnt sell... if it loose value i woulk keep them since they cost me nothing besides some of my free time.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: