Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:55:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why I support BIP101  (Read 4036 times)
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 09:05:59 PM

well, it qualifies for that. Political realism has in fact denounced the BIP, however.

Vires in numeris
VeritasSapere (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 01:49:34 AM

well, it qualifies for that. Political realism has in fact denounced the BIP, however.
We will see what will happen when the blocks are consistently full, the tides might change. To be clear my position is that I would support a third alternative implementation that increases the blocksize especially if it represents a middle ground between these two extreme positions. I would even support Core again if they increased the blocksize, I have said this from the very beginning.
Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:07:28 PM

We will see what will happen when the blocks are consistently full, the tides might change. To be clear my position is that I would support a third alternative implementation that increases the blocksize especially if it represents a middle ground between these two extreme positions. I would even support Core again if they increased the blocksize, I have said this from the very beginning.

The only thing that will happen after the blocks fill up is a small increase in fees.

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
VeritasSapere (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:26:42 PM
Last edit: October 08, 2015, 09:35:52 PM by VeritasSapere

The only thing that will happen after the blocks fill up is a small increase in fees.
This is incorrect, how much of an increase in fees will happen depends on the level of adoption, if there is a huge spike in adoption then fees would become prohibitively expensive. I have already explained in the OP that transactions would also effectively be rendered unreliable. This would most likely conversely lead to decreased adoption and hurt the public perception of Bitcoin. This is the scenario that I would want to avoid by increasing the blocksize before a potential spike in adoption happens.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:20:42 AM

couldnt we just merge mine Bitcoin with something like Namecoin and then force namecoin to handle the smaller dust transactions?
TSE

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:32:59 AM

thought about using it a while ago, but it seems that time has come. So whats up with the core devs? Beeing short over night i made a few coins so is it the right decision to transfer some to the XT client?

Heard about DDos attacks and censurship. Thats not the way we all wanted BTC to go. So if the Core Devs go this way i ll guess they had to go it alone  Grin

One question about the 3 possibole alternitves to keep my BTC (and thats what they are coz they are mine, no need to argue dear devs)...

Sud i use XT or classic or unlimited ?

Thx in advance for some good answers
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3962
Merit: 1419

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 06:40:30 AM

thought about using it a while ago, but it seems that time has come. So whats up with the core devs? Beeing short over night i made a few coins so is it the right decision to transfer some to the XT client?

Heard about DDos attacks and censurship. Thats not the way we all wanted BTC to go. So if the Core Devs go this way i ll guess they had to go it alone  Grin

One question about the 3 possibole alternitves to keep my BTC (and thats what they are coz they are mine, no need to argue dear devs)...

Use whatever you want.  Looks like you already support XT anyway.  Run your node and campaign for others to do the same.

Good luck.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TSE

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 07:01:16 AM

Use whatever you want.  Looks like you already support XT anyway.  Run your node and campaign for others to do the same.

Good luck.

Said and done. Switch is easy no need to transfer anything just dl the XT client and ur done. Thx and good luck to u and everyone who still believes Wink

VeritasSapere (OP)

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 09:07:04 PM

Use whatever you want.  Looks like you already support XT anyway.  Run your node and campaign for others to do the same.

Good luck.
Use whatever client you support the most yourself, just like tokeweed said. My personal favorite implementation now is Bitcoin Unlimited, however I also support Bitcoin Classic, since Bitcoin Unlimited is also compatible with the two megabyte increase proposal by Classic. Much has changed since I wrote the OP, it has obvously become somewhat outdated. Check out my more recent posts here on bitcointalk and especially on bitco.in. I will also be writing another article soon relating to the blocksize debate and its more recent manifestations.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2016, 10:10:58 PM

Use whatever client you support the most yourself, just like tokeweed said. My personal favorite implementation now is Bitcoin Unlimited, however I also support Bitcoin Classic, since Bitcoin Unlimited is also compatible with the two megabyte increase proposal by Classic. Much has changed since I wrote the OP, it has obvously become somewhat outdated. Check out my more recent posts here on bitcointalk and especially on bitco.in. I will also be writing another article soon relating to the blocksize debate and its more recent manifestations.
You've bumped a dead thread in order to promote BU? Seriously, stop advertising for your stuff everywhere.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 12:40:54 AM

Use whatever you want.  Looks like you already support XT anyway.  Run your node and campaign for others to do the same.

Good luck.

Didn't you recently say on bitco.in that you had lost all hope for bitcoin? Maybe you should sell your coins and leave.

VeritasSapere (OP)

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 08:29:31 PM

You've bumped a dead thread in order to promote BU? Seriously, stop advertising for your stuff everywhere.
First post that I have made in weeks, and you say that I am advertising for BU everywhere?

This is an old thread, and yes I have lost much hope for Bitcoin, it is not over yet though, still waiting to see how it all plays out. I will continue holding BTC, along with a multitude of alternative cryptocurrencies, so I am sufficiently hedged if Bitcoin chooses not to scale. It will simply be overtaken by alternative cryptocurrencies that can scale directly. The origanol vision of Satoshi will survive in the alternative cryptocurrencies regardless of what happens to Bitcoin.
rizzlarolla

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:18:14 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2016, 12:13:46 AM by rizzlarolla

First post that I have made in weeks, and you say that I am advertising for BU everywhere?

Pretty much the only thing they say in this (BU) thread. I thought you had disproved that already?

ed. with great effort of research it would appear, to answer comments made on a whim.

I will also be writing another article soon relating to the blocksize debate and its more recent manifestations.

I look forward to it. Some discussion written like we Wasn't 5
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:48:13 PM

I will also be writing another article soon relating to the blocksize debate and its more recent manifestations.

I look forward to it. Some discussion written like we Wasn't 5

Would you like some valid grammar/diction to go with your irony, sir? Grin

Vires in numeris
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:59:03 PM

This is an old thread, and yes I have lost much hope for Bitcoin

Bye felicia  Cry

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: