Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:46:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGox request for withdrawal denied  (Read 4257 times)
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1007

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 01:33:55 PM

I tried to send BTC to my wallet and MtGox said my "request was over the maximum authorized for my level of authorization." Has anybody else got this? what is my level of authorization?

insert coin here:
Dash XfXZL8WL18zzNhaAqWqEziX2bUvyJbrC8s

1Ctd7Na8qE7btyueEshAJF5C7ZqFWH11Wc

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FooDSt4mP

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:36:06 PM

I tried to send BTC to my wallet and MtGox said my "request was over the maximum authorized for my level of authorization." Has anybody else got this? what is my level of authorization?

$1000 in value/day.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
FooDSt4mP

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 01:37:28 PM

MagicalTux may be able to raise your limit if you ask nicely and don't live under draconian laws.

As we slide down the banister of life, this is just another splinter in our ass.
billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 01:47:54 PM

MagicalTux may be able to raise your limit if you ask nicely and don't live under draconian laws.

Okay, thank you. I can live with that.

$1000/ day will be like 0.9 BTC in a few months!

insert coin here:

FooDSt4mP

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:10:31 PM

I sure hope you're right.  I'd love to pay off my student loans instead of making payments that are 2/3 interest, 1/3 principle.

billyjoeallen (OP)
Legendary

Hide your women

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 02:34:51 PM

I sure hope you're right.  I'd love to pay off my student loans instead of making payments that are 2/3 interest, 1/3 principle.

I just paid off my student loans last year and I went to school during the George H.W. Bush administration.

insert coin here:

sharkroman

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 02:42:33 PM

Did anyone notice that new registered users don't even have transfer funds option at all?
or is it just me?
btc996

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:08:04 PM

I tried to send BTC to my wallet and MtGox said my "request was over the maximum authorized for my level of authorization." Has anybody else got this?

Yes, same problem here. This seems to be different thing than the $1000 daily limit, because I've gotten this message for several days in row now.

Emailed info@mtgox.com 2 days ago but no reply so far.
stic.man

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:14:20 PM

how much money/BTC were you trying to move?

you're only going to be able to move like 70BTC at these prices right now unless you email them first
btc996

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:24:35 PM

In my case all attempts to withdraw are being denied, regardless of the sum (the minimum I tried was 1 BTC I think).
sharkroman

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 03:36:34 PM

hey guys. can you do transfers inside mtgox system??
My major account can, while others can't.
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2011, 03:50:35 PM

I hit this limit as well.

The main issue at hand is MagicalTux is spread thin for time.  And he appears to have not only a $1k/day limit, but some sort of monthly or other periodic limit that doesn't tell you what it is.  He acknowledged a monthly limit in a later e-mail to me but didn't say what it was.

MagicalTux lifted this for me (as well as bumped me somewhat past the $1k/day) when I sent him a PDF file containing a scan of my government-issued photo ID and a signed letter certifying it as a true and correct copy and also requesting that the limits be lifted.  It probably didn't hurt that I am able to digitally sign PDF's, a privilege I had to pay for.

He is likely just doing his best to cover his ass.  If you provide him everything he could possibly want and minimize the possibility he will have to come back to you with "no, this is not good enough", you're likely to see the best results.

To protect myself from document interception, I used password encryption on the file attachment, and included the password as a PGP-encrypted message block in the body.  I got his PGP public key from pgp.mit.edu, key ID 3C89C25F, or here: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C797C313C89C25F

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 05:28:31 PM

I've sent him the scan of my ID three weeks ago and still no answer from him.  I even tried to call the mtgox company and I managed to leave a message on their answering machine. This is really frustrating.  When was the last time that anyone got the limit lifted?  Are they really so busy - or maybe they are selective with who is allowed this privilege.
happyland

Activity: 53

View Profile
June 03, 2011, 11:59:08 PM

The second limit is $10,000 a month to comply with money laundering regulations (for a non-licensed money exchanger).
casascius
Mike Caldwell
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136

The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 12:03:02 AM

I've sent him the scan of my ID three weeks ago and still no answer from him.  I even tried to call the mtgox company and I managed to leave a message on their answering machine. This is really frustrating.  When was the last time that anyone got the limit lifted?  Are they really so busy - or maybe they are selective with who is allowed this privilege.

Hopefully he will clarify this policy quickly, because if they don't, it's going to put a huge hamper on his business, when people discover - and start complaining loudly in droves - that their money is "stuck" there!

Companies claiming they got hacked and lost your coins sounds like fraud so perfect it could be called fashionable.  I never believe them.  If I ever experience the misfortune of a real intrusion, I declare I have been honest about the way I have managed the keys in Casascius Coins.  I maintain no ability to recover or reproduce the keys, not even under limitless duress or total intrusion.  Remember that trusting strangers with your coins without any recourse is, as a matter of principle, not a best practice.  Don't keep coins online. Use paper or hardware wallets instead.
BitLex

Activity: 532
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 12:14:50 AM

what address did you send that email to?

i sent a request today to aml@mtgox.com and got a response and increased limit just about 15minutes later.

hey guys. can you do transfers inside mtgox system??
My major account can, while others can't.
you need to activate Merchant Services in your account settings.

FooDSt4mP

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 12:44:54 AM

I'm sure mtgox wouldn't mind competition if you think you can do it better.  All you need is Dwolla and bitcoin apis and some email support staff.  More exchanges with USD volume would be more resilient.

btc996

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 07:37:16 AM

i sent a request today to aml@mtgox.com and got a response and increased limit just about 15minutes later.

Hmm.. I resent my request yesterday to aml@mtgox.com, too, but still no reply. Now I'm really getting worried..
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2011, 08:49:21 AM

I'm sure mtgox wouldn't mind competition if you think you can do it better.  

Unless you wanted to move your funds to the competition  Angry

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 04, 2011, 02:29:35 PM

I need to report that the limits were eventually lifted for my account (not entirely cancelled though).
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: