Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 02:03:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin-QT management on Mac  (Read 1086 times)
don.avarice (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:15:01 AM

Hi all,
Using Armory 0.93.2, it seems it isn't possible to set up a different Bitcoin-QT install directory under Mac Os X (at least not through the preferences).
My issue is that my startup partition seriously lacks storage space, so I have to keep the Bitcoin-Qt folder on another partition — where it's not detected by Armory.

So is there a way to have Armory detect that Bitcoin-Qt folder? (through command line perhaps?)
Will it be easier to do so under version 0.94?

Cheers
D_
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 05:48:08 AM

Armory --satoshi-datadir=path/to/Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind

https://support.bitcoinarmory.com/kb/article/8-command-line-options

* Edited.

goatpig
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1347

Armory Developer

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 09:50:52 AM

--satoshi-datadir is used to point to the /blocks folder (holding the raw blockchain data), not the binary folder.

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 10:47:22 AM

Armory has option to point to Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoind in settings. I have not used latest version (yet) but it should be there. IIRC, if Armory could not find Bitcoin-Qt/Bitcoind, it will show that option in home. Click 'change settings' and change the location.

--satoshi-datadir is used to point to the /blocks folder (holding the raw blockchain data), not the binary folder.

You are right! I overlooked it.

don.avarice (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:37:45 PM

Hi, thanks for your replies!

In Armory 0.93.2 for Mac, the Preferences pane displays the message: "Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind management is not available on Mac/OSX" and the two options below (the Bitcoin Install Dir and Bitcoin Home Dir location selectors) are greyed out.

As for the "Armory --satoshi-datadir=path/to/Bitcoin-Qt/bitcoind" command line, it is very unclear to me how to use it. If I enter it in the Os X Terminal, I am told "Armory: command not found"

For the record, I also checked out the contents of this page: https://support.bitcoinarmory.com/kb/article/16-change-or-move-the-blockchain-database-storage-location-for-armory-and-bitcoin-core
But method B), which in theory is the "ONLY method for Mac users", doesn't seem adapted to a Mac Os environment at all. Or maybe I'm just having issues translating the Windowspeak into Mactongue...

Any further advice?
zombieslayer9099

Activity: 120
Merit: 100

Java Coder

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:34:40 AM

If Armory is installed in your Applications folder, run this in Terminal:

Code:
open Armory.app (or path to Armory.app) --args --satoshi-datadir=<path>

Did you know there are 1,461,501,637,330,902,918,203,684,832,716,283,019,655,932,542,976 possible bitcoin addresses? To put that into perspective, that's greater than the width of the universe in zeptometers (10^-21 meter).
  ▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: