Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:00:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:29:55 PM

Low late are these units exactly?

Wasnt it suppose to ship by end of September?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 04:53:44 PM

Low late are these units exactly?

Wasnt it suppose to ship by end of September?

They are late enough that if it was almost any other bitcoin related company people would be yelling scam by now.
Fortunately a few units shipped, albeit many with low hash, and it seems others with much more serious issues.

Most of us are still waiting on our batch 1 orders and bitmain has already taken a ton of money in for batch 2 and 3.
Like I said approaching exit scam territory, if it weren't for past performance.
No need for the few bitmain defenders who do not have a dog in this fight to make further comments. Let's see how people who seriously have their money invested are treated.

Bad mojo

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2015, 05:15:49 PM

We are sorry that the deliver of some of our orders has been delayed.

you are selling time sensitive goods, which actually generates digital money...are you planning to compensate customers, which are facing delays because of you?
See the second half of their post.

We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.

murdito

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:44:04 PM

I talked with Bitman today morning because i have a order of Antminer S7 batch 1 is not shipped. They said me have a problem with the antminer s7 chips but next week must be send.

The correct for us is they make us price of Batch 3 because we are waiting the shipment  1 month or more, and that is time we can win BTC with our machines. They said 15-30 september or 10 days more but 10 days limited is 10 of october (today) and no send us.

The correct is return money or make us a bonus for next order.

What do you think?

you are selling time sensitive goods, which actually generates digital money...are you planning to compensate customers, which are facing delays because of you?

We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 07:45:42 PM

I talked with Bitman today morning because i have a order of Antminer S7 batch 1 is not shipped. They said me have a problem with the antminer s7 chips but next week must be send.

The correct for us is they make us price of Batch 3 because we are waiting the shipment  1 month or more, and that is time we can win BTC with our machines. They said 15-30 september or 10 days more but 10 days limited is 10 of october (today) and no send us.

The correct is return money or make us a bonus for next order.

What do you think?

If they said that it will ship between Sept15-30th and they consider up to 10 days not late then I guess they are up to their word. Probably no BTC refunds

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:01:40 PM

If they said that it will ship between Sept15-30th and they consider up to 10 days not late then I guess they are up to their word. Probably no BTC refunds

?! They are technically over 10 days late now, though...
Questor

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:16:50 PM

My units technically shipped "on time", however if they are under hashing I will not consider them "on time",  I will only consider 4.86 units to be "on time",  if the units  hash at full speed, then I will have little recourse for having been an early adopter and already out $1000 based on sale price not to mention the missed weeks of mining.  Caveat emptor.

However if they do not  hash at full speed then I will not have received the merchandise which I ordered and paid for and I will want to return them for a full refund,  or at the very least have the price difference refunded in BTC, PLUS coupons...   Coupons alone are not a compensation when in order to receive the value one has to spend even more money with the company.

I would also wager that they printed hundreds or thousands of shipping labels yesterday, which will be labeled the "10th",  and they will claim shipped on time even though they won't be picked up until Monday the 12th... :/

Minin', my own business.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:19:11 PM

No it says up to 10 days after the 30th of September, so technically about a day late or so.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 09:34:30 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2015, 09:51:42 PM by Xian01

No it says up to 10 days after the 30th of September, so technically about a day late or so.

Oops.

Sorry, to clarify, I meant to state that they are now beyond their specified 10 day period, by a day.

Thanks for that catch Wink
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:16:29 PM

I have bought hundreds of units from Bitmain.There may be a delay for a few days.For me, delay is much better then receiving faulty miners.
It is international sales, you do not buy from the shop at the corner.
I am pissed of them because today the site did not allow me to use the coupons, etc.But I never thought they are scam.They are bussinessman not thieves.
I am not connected to them any means,I am not their advocate.I just say sometimes you can not control everything.There is systematic risks.If there is a fault, it is not the chips but FPGA.
I believe we will run our S7 units in November.If they are late they will pay.

ps:I have mailed them about my coupon issue .I will also give feedback.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
hawkfish007

Activity: 895
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:19:52 PM

My units technically shipped "on time", however if they are under hashing I will not consider them "on time",  I will only consider 4.86 units to be "on time",  if the units  hash at full speed, then I will have little recourse for having been an early adopter and already out $1000 based on sale price not to mention the missed weeks of mining.  Caveat emptor.

However if they do not  hash at full speed then I will not have received the merchandise which I ordered and paid for and I will want to return them for a full refund,  or at the very least have the price difference refunded in BTC, PLUS coupons...   Coupons alone are not a compensation when in order to receive the value one has to spend even more money with the company.

I would also wager that they printed hundreds or thousands of shipping labels yesterday, which will be labeled the "10th",  and they will claim shipped on time even though they won't be picked up until Monday the 12th... :/

Don't forget about their disclaimer on product page  Hash Rate: 4.86 TH/s ±5%, although it has always been -5%. But I do hope everybody gets good per spec working units including myself.

For quality risers, splitters or 133 CFM fans, please visit my eBay listings,
http://www.ebay.com/sch/hawkfish007/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1
Biodom
Legendary

Merit: 3864

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:27:15 PM

Can someone post what kind of dB you are getting with lower than default settings AND lower fan settings (for example, 30-55%)?
I am thinking that i might be able to run a second unit if I keep the noise down.
thanks
torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 10:27:45 PM

Don't forget about their disclaimer on product page  Hash Rate: 4.86 TH/s ±5%, although it has always been -5%. But I do hope everybody gets good per spec working units including myself.

Well, they keep changing that "disclaimer". At first it was ±5%, then they changed it to "Optimal hashrate 4.86TH".
Anyway, both batch 1 and 2 has the same disclaimer. If you get the units that can't reach 4.86, you got the faulty batch 2, its that simple.
If they give me batch 2, when I paid for batch 1, I will consider it a scam.
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:14:27 AM

Dear loyal customers,

We are sorry that the deliver of some of our orders has been delayed. We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.

Any information regarding what you are going to do IF someone receives 4.66 TH/s miners instead of 4.86TH/s? If this happens to me, I won't accept anything but new units shipped for free, + the BTC I should have mined in the waiting period.
Will you do this?
I cant get even 4.6
Its less 4.5
I check a few psu. The psu was OK.
IBM 2000 W server psu
I dont know what is wrong but I want some compensation
I ve one order more. It s delay and i dont what i ll receive 4.86 or 4.66 or even worst like first one Sad
Did you do the soft reboot after powering up?

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 12:21:25 AM

Well, they keep changing that "disclaimer". At first it was ±5%, then they changed it to "Optimal hashrate 4.86TH".
Anyway, both batch 1 and 2 has the same disclaimer. If you get the units that can't reach 4.86, you got the faulty batch 2, its that simple.
4.8-5%= 4.6
4.6+5%=4.8
So I take it there is overlap between the two

To me it is 4.6 batch 3 and batch 1
4.4 batch 2

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:52:41 AM

4.8-5%= 4.6
4.6+5%=4.8
So I take it there is overlap between the two

To me it is 4.6 batch 3 and batch 1
4.4 batch 2

Ofc there is a overlap. But the fact is this:
When you produce chips, everything is made in one "batch" or plate or whatever you want to call it. When the batch is done, they cut it into individual chips.
Then they test the chips to check the performance and stability. I guess this is called Quality Control.

Intel example:
When the batch is done, the good performing chips (that has proven stable at a given performance) are labeled as "Intel" processors.
The chips (from the same batch/plate) that are not stable at the target clock/performance, are underclocked to a freq that makes it stable. And labeled and sold as "Celeron" processors.

Do you see where I'm getting at?

What Bitmain has done is this:
They tested the chips from batch 1, and figured out that some of these chips do not perform as the BM1385 are supposed to.
What did they do? They took the poor performing chips, placed them on hashingboards, and shipped them out to customers as S7 miners anyway..
Why did they do this? If they didn't, many batch 1 S7 orders would have been shipped late, and they would have been forced to pay big compensations.

This is what I believe has happend, and is the reason why I will call it a scam if I get some of these celeron miners..

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm assuming ASIC chips are made the same way as CPU's.
UfoRia

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 01:53:24 AM

I am curious as to their response on Monday China time since they had our btc/fiat for this "long" amount of time for Batch 1, even though it's only one day "late" at this point. I have lost over $1k in mining and considerably more in trading while they were on vacation. The thing that makes me angry is hashnest has s7's and a large number of people that ordered in early September have not received their miners.

While I understand the clusterfuck they are going through with the hashrate variance in their initial release, I am concerned they will simply remedy the issue with the one day late "delay". They are using our pre-orders to float the manufacturing costs/issues while not providing accurate updates like most companies would, but at this point they have a monopoly for home miners.

I am hoping for some form of reasonable compensation, but if they are using the float to avoid using their own equity or credit lines, it is worrying me beyond the inconvenience.

We will see their official response on Monday "hopefully", but anything short of making up the pricing differences between Batch 1 and later batches is going to make a bunch of people very agitated.

Looking at all of the angles, I am expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Based on their track record, I expect a coupon. Anything better than that I will consider a deus ex machina event.....

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
UfoRia

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:04:14 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2015, 04:46:16 AM by UfoRia

Ofc there is a overlap. But the fact is this:
When you produce chips, everything is made in one "batch" or plate or whatever you want to call it. When the batch is done, they cut it into individual chips.
Then they test the chips to check the performance and stability. I guess this is called Quality Control.

Intel example:
When the batch is done, the good performing chips (that has proven stable at a given performance) are labeled as "Intel" processors.
The chips (from the same batch/plate) that are not stable at the target clock/performance, are underclocked to a freq that makes it stable. And labeled and sold as "Celeron" processors.

Do you see where I'm getting at?

What Bitmain has done is this:
They tested the chips from batch 1, and figured out that some of these chips do not perform as the BM1385 are supposed to.
What did they do? They took the poor performing chips, placed them on hashingboards, and shipped them out to customers as S7 miners anyway..
Why did they do this? If they didn't, many batch 1 S7 orders would have been shipped late, and they would have been forced to pay big compensations.

This is what I believe has happend, and is the reason why I will call it a scam if I get some of these celeron miners..

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Normally, in mass production of IC's QA\QC will perform burn-in tests and report their findings. My suspicion is they ran into issues with a large batch of under performing chips and had to sell them since production costs are a capex expense, albeit on our dime. Anything short of them making up the difference between pricing on B1 and later batches for people that pre-ordered B1 will be very disappointing.

I cleared out all of my miners and paid for nine s7's /w their recommended PSU's. I believe they know they will have serious backlash and are trying to come up with a solution to balance out the failure of their first production run with the people that paid for it. Not using ones own equity/credit is always better when releasing any product, which is why they are generally priced lower in western business practices. The fact they priced the B1 higher, then dropped the pricing on B2/B3 for obvious reasons will make their decision very difficult. Most people that know supply chain mechanics will know that this a worse case scenario in the west, but they are the only reliable provider that will sell to non-mega farms.

I know three farms with over fifty s7's on order that received theirs before the holiday that ordered in mid September, so they are appeasing the larger customers. Granted my measly nine is small in comparison, but I am losing money everyday.

Hopefully, the Monday announcement will shore up my faith in them. I am not holding my breathe at this point.

edit: I honestly think they didn't intentionally ship out the under performing s7's. They realized it after the fact and quickly created B2/3 to allow them to recoup the losses from their bad batch, while B1 order holders sit on the sidelines waiting for their never ending holiday and weekends for a true update or compensation option.

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
UfoRia

View Profile
October 11, 2015, 02:20:08 AM

To the person that said they pre-printed the shipping labels, if they use UPS I get notified immediately when a shipping label is scanned. That record will show when it was entered in the UPS system, so with them being late already makes no sense. I imagine there are several people working today trying to find a balance to appease people and make it not seem like damage control. Since they have the only real platform for home miners at this point they are killing us with the difficulty changes and the days lost before the halving.

The coin price is slowly rising as I expected, but will it be enough for us to recoup a reasonable amount of ROI before selling the S7's before they release the 16nm asci's? That question is the one that has me wondering if they offer a refund, should I simply take it and day trade until the halving. There are ten variables I use that have blown my profit model out of the water before the halving, so I am in uncharted waters. I am not sure what I will do if they offer multiple options, which is unlikely. Every day not mining before the halving is costing us money.....

Anyhow, I am angry, bewildered and wondering what the announcement will be on Monday Chine time....

Ufo

BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2015, 02:59:07 AM

Dear loyal customers,

We're sorry to inform you that we didn't make the shipment of some orders today as promised. When we did the last spot check, we found some issues which cannot be delivered to you directly, engineers are working on it now and shipment should be arranged before end of next week.

Due to this trouble, we'd like to offer you the compensation following 97.5%*PPS payment according to the total hash rate of miners in order, starting from Oct. 11 Hong Kong Time, till the real shipping out date(which is not included), with electricity cost deducted at the price of $0.098/KWH.

The accounting unit is Bitcoin in the calculating, while USD is considered as a foreign currency. The day to day exchange rate will be get from Bitstamp daily average.

The final payment will be after we have collected your payment address, and we will inform you the way to confirm your receiving address with us.

After collect all the necessary info, we'll process the refund by batches, please wait for update patiently.

Apologize again!

Dear loyal customers,

We are sorry that the deliver of some of our orders has been delayed. We will give a form notice here regarding to this issue tomorrow morning, Hong Kong Time.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: