Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:34:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527635 times)
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 08:48:15 PM

Brilliant! However, there were only a few people that ordered or had EVGA 1600 Gold or Plat, hence problems. In addition, unless you install a 220v circuit, you are limited to oven/dryer outlet with Bitmains's PSU (in US at least).

Hardly.  I'm USA based and simply dropped (2) 30amp 220V circuits onto a wall and run PDUs from them.  Bought some power cords to match online and have been riding golden on my mining equipment every since.

well, you did install 30amp 220v circuits-exactly like I said above. I talked to electrician and he said that the wire gauge in my house is less than needed for 20-30amp circuits. I forgot the exact number-14 needed, I think. I hope that you have the right wire, but I don't-I could price it with electrician, of course, but did not get to it yet.

Depending on how far it is from breaker box to mining area, it's not that hard to get the proper gauge ran to it.   If you can run outside and not through walls it's even better (does not really work for houses only mining areas).

But everyone should be careful on this you cannot in most cases pop off a 15 amp breaker and throw on a 30 amp.  Just is dangerous with wire that is not up to it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 09:09:27 PM

But everyone should be careful on this you cannot in most cases pop off a 15 amp breaker and throw on a 30 amp.  Just is dangerous with wire that is not up to it.

I'd say that is pretty much a rule.  Few, if any, houses in the USA have oversized wire in them.  Replacing a 15amp breaker with a 30 amp one, and then loading it, is a great way to start an electrical fire.  Its also not going to get you 220V in most cases, since any 220V breaker is a "double" (since it has to span both legs inside the panel box).

Cassey
wolfen

Activity: 770
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:20:48 PM

Beginning to think that they are out of product.
More orders than can be filled.

For those about to block we salute you! AC->BTC
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:25:14 PM

I'd say that is pretty much a rule.  Few, if any, houses in the USA have oversized wire in them.  Replacing a 15amp breaker with a 30 amp one, and then loading it, is a great way to start an electrical fire.  Its also not going to get you 220V in most cases, since any 220V breaker is a "double" (since it has to span both legs inside the panel box).

And 220/240 really is nice I don't mean to scare others from it.  After trying it on a line I love having all the power on a PDU, much nicer then 110/120 on power limits.

I plan if my mining area needs any more electricity it will be 240 at this point.  But I installed so many at beginning I doubt I need to run some in near future.  Getting rid of dragon, and S4's freed up quite a bit of my space.

But honestly with how mining is going now day's with power I suggest people look into 240 if possible.  For some it never will be possible and I realize that.
wolfen

View Profile
October 12, 2015, 11:35:05 PM

And 220/240 really is nice I don't mean to scare others from it.  After trying it on a line I love having all the power on a PDU, much nicer then 110/120 on power limits.

I plan if my mining area needs any more electricity it will be 240 at this point.  But I installed so many at beginning I doubt I need to run some in near future.  Getting rid of dragon, and S4's freed up quite a bit of my space.

But honestly with how mining is going now day's with power I suggest people look into 240 if possible.  For some it never will be possible and I realize that.

Once I was running a decent number of s5's had to switch to 240.
It really is simple and is much safer, less heat.

torepia

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:08:32 AM

Fuck, I can't sleep. I'm too worried that the 6x miners I receive tomorrow will be from Batch 2, and under perform. Then I'm basically fucked, don't know how I will react or what I will do.
/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff
UfoRia

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:10:45 AM

Sigh,

Send Details
Carrier   
Tracking No.   
Date   2015-09-28 00:00:00

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
UfoRia

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:16:39 AM

I ran a 125 amp sub panel from the 250 amp main to three 30 amp breakers about fifteen feet to L630 PDU's. Less wires and more tidy, need to work on heat mitigation though. I planned on October to be a bit cooler in Texas, but I was mistaken... I am taking the CFM approach since relative humidity is very low, at least for the next few months. Tongue

Ufo

If I have been a help, my BTC donation address -> 1GUEqAzbMvwkY7hbb6bauhY6AkVoCSXDkp
sloopy

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=905210.msg

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:35:43 AM

Mine is marked shipped on 9-28, but there are definitely not any shipping details, and if it had shipped I would have received a text from UPS like I do every other time something ships from anywhere in the world, just like it did the last time I had something sent from bitmain.

I've also spoken with several others who haven't posted and theirs shows shipped on 9-28.

I haven't matched 9-28 to anything either. It is way too early for them to say that is the ship date. They aren't doing that, at least I cannot see it. It is too easy to prove / disprove.
I doubt they are going to start paying the PPS amount from that date forward as it would be earlier than their own ship by / 10 days considered late statement.

Maybe it is a batch thing. They are using it to group all the batch 1 sales together to keep them separate or keep the people together who they owe 4.8 units too?

Either way, bitmain really needs to hire someone who speaks english and has experience in public relations and a mining background.

I hope I hear something by the end of the week. I am going to continue trying to keep my blood pressure regulated. They must have either really put themselves in a bad predicament. I hope it was for a good reason and not something like our miners are sitting around hashing coin for them, they used our miners to fill some very large orders for farms, or in the positive thought sack they recognized the issue, worked on a solution, and are in the process of fixing it. If that were the case though, you would think some of the people who have received their miner would be receiving information regarding what their options are.

As a community people should truly band together with manufacturers. No product, no money. Unfortunately we are too splintered for that. Hell I didn't even look at batch 1 as a preorder until afterwards, and I know people will jump on the next release as well no matter how they are treated during this one.

It is pretty sad at the moment, but, I still say we will see someone meet this need. I wish I had ties with a foundry and a few hundred million in the bank. I know the first door I would be knocking on and no matter how many times sidehack told me to go away I wouldn't until he heard me out Smiley

Surely someone sees the potential, and I know we can all work to help more people see it if they haven't.
At last count I think it was said here in this thread that the account where we paid our coin to bitmain for S7 was at 500,000 USD, and by now with the other two batches up they are probably at least at 750,000.

That must be plenty of money for someone with deep pockets to be interested in working with a company to purchase chips and hiring some people with experience to design the board, etc.

We know there is a company who will sell chips to someone who will buy in bulk, but I think people looking in see the mining vendors as so difficult to work with, so many scams, hell, I couldn't blame anyone for deciding their money is much better off in setting up a chain of Chipotles, or a new chain of The Burger Palace.

If anyone else gets ship date marked later than 9-28 it would be great to know.

Good Luck people, even though luck doesn't exist, it has many meanings, and I am sincere when I say such.

Transaction fees go to the pools and the pools decide to pay them to the miners. Anything else, including off-chain solutions are stealing and not the way Bitcoin was intended to function.
Make the block size set by the pool. Pool = miners and they get the choice.
wolfen

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:44:15 AM

I ran a 125 amp sub panel from the 250 amp main to three 30 amp breakers about fifteen feet to L630 PDU's. Less wires and more tidy, need to work on heat mitigation though. I planned on October to be a bit cooler in Texas, but I was mistaken... I am taking the CFM approach since relative humidity is very low, at least for the next few months. Tongue

Ufo
Was running in my basement.
Had two furnace blowers one in each basement window on each side, one blowing in one blowing out
Also had a 32000 btu window air conditioner at the front end of the miners.

Cassey

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

Better to have 100 friends than 100 rubles

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:44:35 AM

Ufo

Have you done any BTU to CFM calculation for ventilation?  Any other math?  Having the same thought - looking to supplement my homes heating this fall and winter.

I suspect what we really need is some form of hot air containment combined with the CFM ratings on the fans to balance things out.  The specs say they use 12038 fans, which push about 80 CFM one push, one pull.  Does that mean 160 CFM total or is that double counting?

I found one of these:  http://www.thelashop.com/6-400-cfm-inline-duct-booster-vent-fan-blower-aluminum-blade.html?gclid=COjL7PHsvcgCFZCCaQodPtADtQ  which I could rig with a T and blow the hot air into a house vent above my server room...

Cassey
wolfen

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 12:52:42 AM

Fuck, I can't sleep. I'm too worried that the 6x miners I receive tomorrow will be from Batch 2, and under perform. Then I'm basically fucked, don't know how I will react or what I will do.
/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff
I heard  that batch 2 will run at 600mhz at 4800 but the wattage is 1300

You will have them in hand
Right now that is gold

My batch one came set at 575 running 4600 solid.

UfoRia

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:03:39 AM

Was running in my basement.
Had two furnace blowers one in each basement window on each side, one blowing in one blowing out
Also had a 32000 btu window air conditioner at the front end of the miners.

We turn the heat on maybe four or five times a year where I live with no basements since the water table is three feet down. I will be replacing the 12k btu wall unit with a 32k btu unit once I get a baseline temperature through the fall and into winter. I will open up the side room into the garage and vent the hot air exhaust out with a 20k cfm fan in front of the wall unit and another 20k cfm fan venting to the garage where a gable fan can push out a good portion of the heat with a ridge vent.

The calculations I have made show I need 27.5-32k cfm for nine s7's, so in the fall/winter I may not need as many BTU's since I am exhaust venting, at least that's the approach I am taking. I really don't want more sunk costs with the late shipment and the halving approaching, but if the price continues slowly rising it may make sense. The trouble where I live is high humidity starts creeping in around June, but I will likely have already sold my miners by then, if I ever get them.....

Ufo

torepia

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:14:04 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff
I heard  that batch 2 will run at 600mhz at 4800 but the wattage is 1300

Right now that is gold

If my B1 order machines are hashing at 4600... I won't accept that, seriously.
As far as I'm concerned these are Bitmains options:
-Full refund.
-Ship me new machines for free, and pay shipping for the slow ones to be sent back. (With 200 GH/s hashing power per miner at hashnest until I receive new units).

This is about respect and honoring the agreement we made. I promise you all, they (Jihan Wu) won't get away with it.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:38:41 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff

Right now that is gold

-Full refund.
-Ship me new machines for free, and pay shipping for the slow ones to be sent back. (With 200 GH/s hashing power per miner at hashnest until I receive new units).

This is about respect and honoring the agreement we made. I promise you all, they (Jihan Wu) won't get away with it.

They will not do this I can almost guarantee  almost 99 percent.  They never have been one to take machines back as far as refund.   And shipping back I can almost guarantee you will not happen either.  They will subtract X percent of hash from it and give a refund based on hashing.

Does it suck yes very much so.  But they were paid for with bitcoin so there is really no buyer protection.   It's up to the company.

I do give you some serious credit for researching the company more then most that have issues.  Seems you understand the structure of BM.
thedreamer
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

Go Big or Go Home.....

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:44:47 AM

BITMAIN Can suck bollox.

I've demanded a refund due to THEM breaking the contract between the buyers of Batch1 and having to pre-pay 2 weeks ago and now they mark pertty much everyone's account as 'SHIPPED',
even though that's utter BULLSHEYT.

Same here :
Send Details

Carrier   
Tracking No.   
Date   2015-09-28 00:00:00

UPS is not showing ANYTHING headed to my address so I know they haven't sent anything.

Can't believe they'd act in such an unprofessional manner knowing everyone would know about it and effect future orders and product sales form them by screwing people that pretty much finance them with
upfront capital. Shame on all of US I guess for trusting another scammy business located in CHina.

I for one will not be making this mistake ever again.

They can all go burn in their smog infested cities and disease infested rivers.

Go Big or Go Home.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3850

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:46:43 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff

Right now that is gold

-Full refund.

man, don't wind yourself up so much..
I hope that it works out.
See below:
the S7 play is on potential btc dollar value rise, nothing else.
the breakeven is more than 12mo otherwise at 0.1 power
calculator shows just $57 difference in profitability (actually, small loss) between 4.86/1210w and 4.66/1160w machines by october 2016.
i don't think it takes halving into consideration, though.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 01:53:40 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff

Right now that is gold

-Full refund.

See below:
calculator shows just $57 difference in profitability (actually, small loss) between 4.86/1210w and 4.66/1160w machines by october 2016.

Is there anyone that has actually had both one on spec miner and one sub par one?   I would love to see if the watts really work out to what they say.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried this an shown like a kill-a-watt with both miners using same PSU?
kilo17
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

aka "whocares"

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:09:22 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff

Right now that is gold

-Full refund.

See below:

Is there anyone that has actually had both one on spec miner and one sub par one?   I would love to see if the watts really work out to what they say.

Does anyone know if anyone has tried this an shown like a kill-a-watt with both miners using same PSU?

I have 4 of them running, they all tend to have periods where they run low but it is usually a short time before hitting normal levels again.  On the flip side, mine seem to also bump up a bit on occasion and then return to baseline.  

edited to add the following-- looking at the 24 hour average, 2 run in the 4.55 range and 2 in the 4.75 range

Bitcoin Will Only Succeed If The Community That Supports It Gets Support - Support Home Miners & Mining
wolfen

View Profile
October 13, 2015, 02:10:49 AM

/sad
/angry
/pissedthefuckoff

Right now that is gold

-Full refund.

See below:

Is there anyone that has actually had both one on spec miner and one sub par one?   I would love to see if the watts really work out to what they say.

Running batch one s7 shipped at 575.
I'm going to jack around the MHz to see what hashrate I get
Have both corsair rm1000 and bitmain 1600watt ,I'll play with both.
I'm running 240v so I'll use a fluke to measure the amps

Pages: « 1 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 [105] 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: