Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:10:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitkey.io How safe and legit they are ?  (Read 1582 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6106

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:24:01 PM

I found this website called Bitkey.io however I'am not sure how legit this is to be honest .
I watched their video http://bitkey.io/img/screencast.webm but not sure what the hell is he doing , he only make Electrum wallet and the video is 35 minuts long but you can only see few seconds  Huh

Github wasen't updated since 1/2 years so I'am wondering how safe this is now and if there is backdoors or something or I'am good to go.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 05:57:27 PM

Their project is abandoned and nobody has reported any bug or backdoor AFAIK. I think you can use it! I recommend Tails or BackTrack.

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:05:53 PM

Their project is abandoned and nobody has reported any bug or backdoor AFAIK. I think you can use it! I recommend Tails or BackTrack.

What do you mean by use Tails or BackTrack ? you mean instead of BitKey or along with it  Huh BackTrack is dead as far as I know so there is Kali linux now instead . but does Bitcoin wallets works on those Operating system at least

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:28:53 PM

What do you mean by use Tails or BackTrack ? you mean instead of BitKey or along with it  Huh BackTrack is dead as far as I know so there is Kali linux now instead . but does Bitcoin wallets works on those Operating system at least

Instead of BitKey. Tails offer both privacy and security. Kali Linux is for especially penetration testing and digital forensic. You can go for Tails.

You are right. I got confused. BackTrack is rebuilt and distributed under the name Kali Linux but I got confused, which one is the former and which is the latter. Thanks for correcting!

OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:35:55 PM

Instead of BitKey. Tails offer both privacy and security. Kali Linux is for especially penetration testing and digital forensic. You can go for Tails.

You are right. I got confused. BackTrack is rebuilt and distributed under the name Kali Linux but I got confused, which one is the former and which is the latter. Thanks for correcting!

You are welcome  Shocked I got an another question because it dosen't make sense to me when they ask you to run LiveCD thing how you are supposed to keep that watch-only or whatever you made on the LiveCD if you will reboot later ?
I thought LiveCD is only for testing and it's never saved or anything , I mean if I do something , reboot PC and re-enter again I will find everything gone , right ? At least this what I understood last time when I was installing Ubunu (not topic related to BTC) .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:45:47 PM

You are welcome  Shocked I got an another question because it dosen't make sense to me when they ask you to run LiveCD thing how you are supposed to keep that watch-only or whatever you made on the LiveCD if you will reboot later ?
I thought LiveCD is only for testing and it's never saved or anything , I mean if I do something , reboot PC and re-enter again I will find everything gone , right ? At least this what I understood last time when I was installing Ubunu (not topic related to BTC) .

You should create persistent live USB.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14912/create-a-persistent-bootable-ubuntu-usb-flash-drive/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: