Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:42:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: ChangeTip Users Can Now Turn Bitcoin Tips into Gift Cards  (Read 359 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 6164

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 05:47:27 PM

ChangeTip users can now swap their digital currency tips for real-life goods, thanks to an integration with digital gift card provider Gyft

The bitcoin tipping service, which has raised $4.25m in funding to date, brands itself as a 'love button' for various social media channels including Facebook, Twitter and Reddit.

Until now, ChangeTip users could top up their accounts via Coinbase, bitcoin or credit/debit card, however they could only cash out in bitcoin. Following the firm's announcement yesterday evening, they now have the option to redeem gift cards from Starbucks, iTunes, Xbox and Amazon. They range from $1 all the way up to $2,000.

More info with the full article on Coindesk : http://www.coindesk.com/changetip-users-can-now-turn-bitcoin-tips-into-gift-cards/

I'am not sure about you guys but I really like this new feature even if I don't really use ChangeTip . Still ... good stuff

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2015, 06:00:50 PM

The real problem I see with changetip is not really cashing out, but cashing in. That is to say, to tip someone you need first to fund your account, and that requires some work. It would be great to be able to fund the account from inside, either watching ads, or having a list of sites in which you are tipped, giveaways, tasks... or doint the opposite of what this post announces: allowing the conversion of cards into money for tipping.

Most people outside the bitcoin world won't use changetip because they will have to buy bitcoin before to use it. And those who already know how to do that, will know how to "tip" from a regular wallet (even though changetip makes it easier).

coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 29, 2015, 06:45:57 PM

The real problem I see with changetip is not really cashing out, but cashing in. That is to say, to tip someone you need first to fund your account, and that requires some work. It would be great to be able to fund the account from inside, either watching ads, or having a list of sites in which you are tipped, giveaways, tasks... or doint the opposite of what this post announces: allowing the conversion of cards into money for tipping.

Most people outside the bitcoin world won't use changetip because they will have to buy bitcoin before to use it. And those who already know how to do that, will know how to "tip" from a regular wallet (even though changetip makes it easier).

Well, they do allow you to "top up" your account with a credit / debit card now. I think they've still got many things to work out, but they're building a pretty decent service I think. I hope it works out for them!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: