Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:34:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is buy and hold a good investment option with price around $230 - Aug 2015  (Read 3601 times)
rscholey (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:42:52 AM

It's been over a month now.  Do any of you out there feel the situation with regards to buy and hold has changed at all. Have the risks increased or decreased.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afriezalie

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 08:50:23 AM

I predict bitcoin price will raise to $250 in the end of the year. Like last year, bitcoin price increased in the end of 2014, and went down again in early year. From now, just look for the lowest bitcoin price for this season, maybe in two weeks from now or October. Goodluck at your investment Cheesy. In my opinion now is right time to buy bitcoin and hold it in your wallet Grin
gablay12
Legendary

Activity: 918
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:27:31 AM

Timing is very important.If enter the market at the right time and invest with the trend then you win.Please note that none of the investors and speculators can not win in a row, and it is also possible that you may miss some very appealing oppurtunities.

The more I meet people, the more I like my dog.
Kagekatsu

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:32:14 AM

If you think longterm (up to 5 years), yes it's a good investment. Bitcoin only waits for a boost.
acquafredda
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1481

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:49:58 AM

No matter what we can say here I do think that another BTC bubble (because it will be a panic buy bubble) will come.
And when that will come we have to be ready if we want to get some chips.

I still go for the long term but I would like to monetize some cash from some cheap buying.

At least this is as I see it.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:58:34 AM

If you think longterm (up to 5 years), yes it's a good investment. Bitcoin only waits for a boost.

Agreed, but still, bitcoin isn't exactly a safe investment. Buy and hold is definitely a good investment strategy, but be prepared to hold for a very long time.

MUFC

Activity: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:58:04 AM

It's been over a month now.  Do any of you out there feel the situation with regards to buy and hold has changed at all. Have the risks increased or decreased.

A month is nothing. If people are looking to make a quick profit off bitcoin then that ship sailed long ago and you're waisting your time. The only way you're going to profit now is from the long game. Buy coins and hold for years not months. If bitcoin is going to go mainstream it isn't going to do it over night and I suspect for any decent gains we'll be waiting 2-5 years maybe more.

lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 01:00:45 PM

Positive agreed, i have hold and wait that moment but i have think like this when that will happen, can bitcoin price jumping to  $700 Roll Eyes
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:12:46 PM

Positive agreed, i have hold and wait that moment but i have think like this when that will happen, can bitcoin price jumping to  $700 Roll Eyes

For 5 years of holding time, it's a no brainer that it will be a worthy investment, since it definetly will bring you more % profit than straight on holding it on a bank.
There's too much money to be made for people to allow bitcoin to go away.
Morecoin Freeman

Activity: 854
Merit: 503

Legendary trader

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 10:32:25 PM

I think this buy and hold at $230 deal is looking even better now. $220 Is solid support:

$220 And $300 have been important levels throughout 2015:

However, use your own discretion to guide your trading and investment decisions.
Best of luck.

Ask the stranger he knows who you really are.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 20, 2015, 11:37:36 PM

No matter what we can say here I do think that another BTC bubble (because it will be a panic buy bubble) will come.
And when that will come we have to be ready if we want to get some chips.

I still go for the long term but I would like to monetize some cash from some cheap buying.

At least this is as I see it.

that's right. never go all in. i always do 50% investing and 50% holding fiat for when the price is crashing. buying now and holding for the long term is the best option.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6089

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:15:21 AM

To answer the OP: I think the answer is - generally speaking - yes. If Bitcoin succeeds, price should be higher than 230 $, even if adoption grows only slowly.

But you have to watch the news. If there really is a fork (XT etc.) in sight, maybe there will be much lower values possible. Uncertainty is the most bearish indicator in these times.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:04:10 AM

I'm new to Bitcoin but I'm not new to investment. I think the current price will remain steady ($200-300) unless there is a new major development really, and nobody can foresee what it's coming.

I think the current economic system must fall or stumble for Bitcoin to gain some actual power or real application, if not it will remain like the novelty it is, it really holds no value. However, considering that it can actually be worth millions, I couldn't pass the chance to buy a small amount at a decent price. But I don't think investing a good part of your savings would be wise at all...
Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 01:17:26 AM

I'm new to Bitcoin but I'm not new to investment. I think the current price will remain steady ($200-300) unless there is a new major development really, and nobody can foresee what it's coming.

I think the current economic system must fall or stumble for Bitcoin to gain some actual power or real application, if not it will remain like the novelty it is, it really holds no value. However, considering that it can actually be worth millions, I couldn't pass the chance to buy a small amount at a decent price. But I don't think investing a good part of your savings would be wise at all...

Welcome to the game. Sounds like you've got the right perspective going into it. Zero or hero. My impression is we're not going anywhere (but possibly lower) until we have some clarity on future network transaction capacity.
Fiat_Hodler

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 02:23:00 AM

everyone is waiting on the sidelines to see if a consensus will be reached regarding block size. Once bitcoin is back on a "stable" path there will be panic buying since the current price is undervalued.
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 04:41:17 AM

Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

this is a good idea, I am doing a similar investment myself. I put aside a portion of my money every now and then, a portion that I feel comfortable investing in bitcoin, and then buy bitcoin when price is low and put it in my cold storage for the future price rise.

Only Bitcoin
WhatTheGox
Legendary

Activity: 812

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 09:17:56 AM

Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

Hold for 2 years an you'll be 20x on investment.  Why doubt bitcoin now? nothing has changed.  The price right now seems like a very clear bottom we just dont have any new blood for a rally.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:20:31 AM

yes. i think what you are explaining here is a very good idea.
as you already know it is always good not to put all your eggs in one basket, so keep in mind to just invest a part of your money in bitcoin and always keep an eye on the price.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
lexuz

Activity: 714

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 11:47:47 AM

Hold for 2 years an you'll be 20x on investment.  Why doubt bitcoin now? nothing has changed.  The price right now seems like a very clear bottom we just dont have any new blood for a rally.
Not sure with what you said,impossible!bitcoin price will increase 20x just in 2 years
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 21, 2015, 12:23:24 PM

Not sure with what you said,impossible!bitcoin price will increase 20x just in 2 years

He is a positive guy it seems. That's ok and his personal is opinion is that in 2 years the price of Bitcoin could be something around $4600. Yes it's a very bullish prediction, maybe naive, and he could be wrong. But he believes in Bitcoin and that is all what counts.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: