Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:15:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is buy and hold a good investment option with price around $230 - Aug 2015  (Read 3601 times)
Tstar
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

Decentralized Asset Management Platform

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 12:06:28 PM

Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

Hold for 2 years an you'll be 20x on investment.  Why doubt bitcoin now? nothing has changed.  The price right now seems like a very clear bottom we just dont have any new blood for a rally.
Not sure with what you said,impossible!bitcoin price will increase 20x just in 2 years

He is a positive guy it seems. That's ok and his personal is opinion is that in 2 years the price of Bitcoin could be something around $4600. Yes it's a very bullish prediction, maybe naive, and he could be wrong. But he believes in Bitcoin and that is all what counts.

since when has the bitcoin price based on believes and personal opinions ?
maybe he is nakamoto or who else's opinion can affect the price ?

███████████████████████████
████▄▀▀▀███████████████████
█████▄    ▀▀▀██████████████
██████▄▄       ▀▀▀█████████
███████▀██▄▄        ▀▀█████
████████   ▀▀▀      ▄██████
█████████▄▄       ▄████████
█████████  ▀▀   ▄██████████
██████████    ▄████████████
███████████ ▄██████████████
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄██████
███████████████████████████
.COOK.
     Decentralized Asset Management Platform     
│▐ █     WHITEPAPER   │   TWITTER   │   LINKEDIN   │   TELEGRAM     █ ▌│
          ▄▄███████▄▄
 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀█████▄▄
███████████████▄▄█▀██████

█████████████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀█████████████████
██▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████████
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀███████▀███▄█
█████████████████████▀███▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
▀█████████████▀█████████▀▀▀
       ██ ▀█▀ ▄██
       ▀██▄ ▄███▀
        ▀▀████▀▀
✔  Accessible
✔  Secure
✔  Transparent

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lexuz

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Me, myself and I

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 01:24:09 PM

Just looking for some opinions.  I know I can make 0.5% on my cash in the bank so I'm thinking to put a small percentage into buy and hold of bitcoins. 

What do people think of this as an investment holding for 6 months, 1 year or 5 years?

Hold for 2 years an you'll be 20x on investment.  Why doubt bitcoin now? nothing has changed.  The price right now seems like a very clear bottom we just dont have any new blood for a rally.
Not sure with what you said,impossible!bitcoin price will increase 20x just in 2 years

He is a positive guy it seems. That's ok and his personal is opinion is that in 2 years the price of Bitcoin could be something around $4600. Yes it's a very bullish prediction, maybe naive, and he could be wrong. But he believes in Bitcoin and that is all what counts.

Yeah good point and i like who believes in bitcoin at least it will help bitcoin to grow
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:00:49 PM

If you can't hold for a min of 5 years don't bother.
electronicfactura

Activity: 714

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 06:03:32 PM

If someone wants to buy and hold for long term then it is best time to do so.There will still be many ups and downs in price of Bitcoin until it reaches to where it should be.Your eyes should be on long term then you will make lot of money by your holdings.
boraf

Activity: 315
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 07:35:02 PM

Why ask other when you are solely responsible for your own action? No one can tell you if any investment can pay off.
fearlesscat10

Activity: 686

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 08:45:33 AM

Why ask other when you are solely responsible for your own action? No one can tell you if any investment can pay off.

Before taking any plan of action, it is generally wise to consult other people.  Roll Eyes  I don't really see anything wrong with asking for other people's opinions about it.

futurebit640

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2015, 11:58:58 PM

Before taking any plan of action, it is generally wise to consult other people.  Roll Eyes  I don't really see anything wrong with asking for other people's opinions about it.

Yes that is correct. Particularly if one doesn't have much idea on investment product it is better to consult or get opinions from the public and they need to think wisely and should take decision. If still they can't make any decision then they have to consult professional investment advisers to take correct decision.
Miss Fortune

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:17:05 AM

Well I think is a good idea keeping it invested for some time I think it wont hurt you that much, this a good experiment and when time comes that the value rise up then it will be really worth the wait.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
September 24, 2015, 03:45:35 AM

i agree, but this way of asking on the forum doesn't seem to me like the best idea. you see those who are short are shouting sell, sell and those who are long term hodlers are screaming buy, it is a good time and the rest are just throwing out ideas.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: