Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:19:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-08-30] Medium: Bitcoin is a Language Best Spoken by Machines  (Read 263 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 06:17:58 AM

Bitcoin is a Language Best Spoken by Machines

Bitcoin is the perfect medium for devices to exchange value, or even establish consensus on other topics. This is a largely unexplored facet in the Bitcoin world. Certainly the easiest work, though by no means easy in an absolute sense, has been in adapting human-friendly systems to Bitcoin. This is right and reasonable. But Bitcoin’s biggest opportunities lie outside human interaction. A person should at best be an extremely distant end user, on whose behalf transactions are made behind the scenes.

I want machines that post bid/ask orders with one another algorithmically. I want to be able to program my Raspberry Pi to negotiate really intensely with all the other bots. I want to earn small amounts of money for small tasks, such as setting up a webcam above Times Square. Just look at the way Bitcoin miners have been incentivized by small payments, to almost absurd lengths. I want to pay for cheap data on a fiercely competitive, decentralized marketplace. And I want others to profit in wildly open marketplaces, providing small services for small money. The pennies changing hands are too small for people to keep track of. But machines have no such scruples.

https://medium.com/@abarisser/bitcoin-is-a-language-best-spoken-by-machines-92614a1ee299

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: