Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 283 »
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bullish Bitcoin Media Center (The ONLY Bullish Bitcoin News Thread)  (Read 259609 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:34:59 PM

News URL : http://www.bitbroker.co.uk/blog/2016-06-17-have-21-inc-really-just-invented-the-third-web

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:39:56 PM

There seems to be some intention in this article to neutralize some of the pumpy and hype of Ethereum, DAO and to kind of equate "Blockchains"...

In other words, it seems to fail to recognize a true superiority of bitcoin and the fact that a lot of alts and a lot of private "blockchains" are engaging in deceptive practices because they are trying to ride on the coattails of bitcoin while failing and refusing to either give bitcoin proper credit nor to couple their investments into the bitcoin ecosystem.

Bitcoin is very likely to win out in the end, even while some of these folks seem to engage in false equivalencies and distractions.... at the same time, on a positive note, likely various bitcoin developers can likely learn from some of the "innovations" to the extent that there are any that materially matter of various competing blockchains.

I'm not that kind of person who is happy at other's failures and disasters, but I'm happy for what we are in and believe at is making out (Bitcoin and devs I mean).

It made me sad, and I think you've witnessed this yesterday, when the wall observer thread turned into a battlefield like the one between r/bitcoin and r/btc on reddit.

The time have came again, to thank the devs for what they are making for us, most of us became and become millionaires or simply rich. because of them.

Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:41:17 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/crediblefriends-bnktothefuture/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:45:06 PM

News URL : http://singularityhub.com/2016/06/16/what-you-need-to-know-about-the-future-of-money/

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:52:08 PM

There seems to be some intention in this article to neutralize some of the pumpy and hype of Ethereum, DAO and to kind of equate "Blockchains"...

In other words, it seems to fail to recognize a true superiority of bitcoin and the fact that a lot of alts and a lot of private "blockchains" are engaging in deceptive practices because they are trying to ride on the coattails of bitcoin while failing and refusing to either give bitcoin proper credit nor to couple their investments into the bitcoin ecosystem.

Bitcoin is very likely to win out in the end, even while some of these folks seem to engage in false equivalencies and distractions.... at the same time, on a positive note, likely various bitcoin developers can likely learn from some of the "innovations" to the extent that there are any that materially matter of various competing blockchains.

I'm not that kind of person who is happy at other's failures and disasters, but I'm happy for what we are in and believe at is making out (Bitcoin and devs I mean).

It made me sad, and I think you've witnessed this yesterday, when the wall observer thread turned into a battlefield like the one between r/bitcoin and r/btc on reddit.

The time have came again, to thank the devs for what they are making for us, most of us became and become millionaires or simply rich. because of them.

There are a lot of folks contributing to bitcoin space, and we all know that bitcoin is intended to be trustless.

Sure, there are likely a lot of core devs that stepped up to the plate to prevent various kinds of sabotoging of bitcoin, but in the end, it is not just a system of core devs.. at least, I don't think of it that way... even though sometimes I am also grateful when I see some of them standing up and pointing out some of the flawed proposals that were recently presented to the bitcoin community, including several of the flaws, incompleteness and destructiveness of the XT and Classic proposals.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:55:00 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/asia-explode-fintech-blockchain/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:57:01 PM

There are a lot of folks contributing to bitcoin space, and we all know that bitcoin is intended to be trustless.

Sure, there are likely a lot of core devs that stepped up to the plate to prevent various kinds of sabotoging of bitcoin, but in the end, it is not just a system of core devs.. at least, I don't think of it that way... even though sometimes I am also grateful when I see some of them standing up and pointing out some of the flawed proposals that were recently presented to the bitcoin community, including several of the flaws, incompleteness and destructiveness of the XT and Classic proposals.

I agree with you that the ecosystem is not only about the devs, we have the believers, avg. joe, startups, speculators, ... etc.

But what happened today, tells me that we really must thank the devs a lot.

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:11:20 PM

Are we there yet? Crossing the chasm.

News URL : https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/4oh6wi/are_we_there_yet_crossing_the_chasm/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:19:26 PM

News URL : https://twitter.com/TommyEconomics/status/743623387021357056

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 11:40:42 PM

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:15:17 AM

News URL : https://razorsforex.blogspot.com.eg/2016/06/bitcoin-infrastructure-and-usage-is.html

JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10212

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 12:46:33 AM

I agree with you that the ecosystem is not only about the devs, we have the believers, avg. joe, startups, speculators, ... etc.

Actually, yep... various folks also wear combination of hats, and may be acting in one capacity in time 1 and another capacity in time 2, and some of these folks may be benevolent and/or honest and other are tricky... but in the end, bitcoin is supposed to be relatively trustless system, though we cannot completely get away from trust - especially because there are also various centralized systems that are built on top of bitcoin that may require some trust, even though bitcoin itself does not require trust (at least that's the theory)..

I also think that sometimes, this mechanism to attempt to get protocol changes that makes it very difficult for devs to agree on the causes advantages bitcoin by not allowing changes unless is an overwhelming large number of folks in agreement... so we kind of get stuck with the original design of bitcoin and modest changes to bitcoin and truly vetted changes..    Which is all fine and dandy, so long as the original design is not broken.

Regarding what happened today?   Do you mean what happened to day in respect to the hacking of the DAO, or something else?

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
mskryxz

Activity: 433
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 04:30:07 AM

Love all the informative updates. Keep em coming and thanks!
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:36:39 PM

Actually, yep... various folks also wear combination of hats, and may be acting in one capacity in time 1 and another capacity in time 2, and some of these folks may be benevolent and/or honest and other are tricky... but in the end, bitcoin is supposed to be relatively trustless system, though we cannot completely get away from trust - especially because there are also various centralized systems that are built on top of bitcoin that may require some trust, even though bitcoin itself does not require trust (at least that's the theory)..

I also think that sometimes, this mechanism to attempt to get protocol changes that makes it very difficult for devs to agree on the causes advantages bitcoin by not allowing changes unless is an overwhelming large number of folks in agreement... so we kind of get stuck with the original design of bitcoin and modest changes to bitcoin and truly vetted changes..    Which is all fine and dandy, so long as the original design is not broken.

Regarding what happened today?   Do you mean what happened to day in respect to the hacking of the DAO, or something else?

I agree with the second paragraph (along with what you said as well for sure), since consensus is a must, this makes me ultra comfortable that we will most of the time if not always have the right decision.

I meant with what happened in the Wall Observer thread, the fight between core and classic, as always :\

Love all the informative updates. Keep em coming and thanks!

I will if Allah (God) wanted my friend, you are most welcome and happy to see you passing by Smiley

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:57:19 PM

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 08:58:08 PM

News URL : https://twitter.com/cnLedger/status/744122640915271684

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:17:26 PM

News URL : https://news.bitcoin.com/dhs-awards-200k-factom/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:18:11 PM

News URL : http://www.wsj.com/articles/home-depot-u-s-credit-card-firms-slow-to-upgrade-security-1466000734

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:19:40 PM

News URL : http://forklog.net/head-of-post-bank-believes-government-will-inevitably-lose-control-over-money-transactions/

Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 18, 2016, 09:22:18 PM

News URL : http://seekingalpha.com/article/3982762-microsoft-bitcoin-pot

Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 283 »
  Print  

Jump to: