Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:03:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Have you heard of AstroBit -New Exchange with BTC-E like API out of Orlando, Florida?
Yes - 0 (0%)
No - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone heard of ASTROBIT? New exchange?  (Read 488 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:22:54 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 12:48:15 AM by Trance

A friend recently told me a new exchange is going up by tomorrow or later this week known as AstroBIT

I would like to know if anyone has heard of this or will be testing it out??

Thanks in advance (Please feel free to post BTC address for tips for those with good feedback / information in regards to OP!)

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
goosoodude

Activity: 584

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 11:42:05 PM

Never heard of them, and when i try to visit the site from that facebook link you gave us i get : Website Coming Soon! Stay Tuned

I can't say anything good nor bad about them, but it sure that they will have a hard time finding users when there's a lot of competitors out there who are known
and trusted for some time now. It takes time to develop enough trust for people to deposit and/or use you as an escrow service.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:32:47 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2015, 12:49:38 AM by Trance

I was told by the CEO the difference between AstroBIT and the other exchanges is that AstroBit = An exchange that actually processes a cryptotrade whereas others are repositories

Please share your opinions!

Trance (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 01:32:19 AM

I was told by the CEO the difference between AstroBIT and the other exchanges is that AstroBit = An exchange that actually processes a cryptotrade whereas others are repositories

Please share your opinions!

He said

"Name one that processes your trade with the blockchain (not withdrawals or deposits) ?

Current exchanges use conventional databases, meaning they deposit or take a deposit to their own storage and give you a number....

I'm having a hard time understanding what exactly will separate this exchange from the other already well know and established exchanges..

maokoto

Activity: 770

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 01:43:53 AM

I think that there are too many exchanges now, and many of them already are rather professional.

However, there is still room for more. For example, a good exchange with small or no withdrawal minimum / fees would be great. Some people would like to try trading with very small amounts, and most sites have minimum withdrawals which hinders it.

Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 07:45:04 AM

The site is still under development and said website is cooming soon, and stay tuned.
i see the facebook page is still brand new and the content of post is only about bitcoin news and some economics news.
jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2015, 11:31:49 AM

Looks like a blatant advertisement for a new site that hasn't launched yet. Beware of using such sites, as they have 0 reputation in the Bitcoin industry.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:54:09 PM

Looks like a blatant advertisement for a new site that hasn't launched yet. Beware of using such sites, as they have 0 reputation in the Bitcoin industry.

Yes, exactly this. You build up a hype even before anything was launched, in this way you can have a head start when the exchange actually launches. I am not saying it's this, but there are many scams in this industry, so people beware.

Other thing, isn't it very hard to open up an exchange based in the US nowadays? Don't you have to comply with all the laws from the different states, etc?

As for how this exchange would work, if I understood right, every wallet and every amount of every wallet together with every trade will be recorded on the blockchain. Is this possible, or have I missed something? There is no known exchange that does business like this at the moment.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: