Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:12:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to safe a whole topic?  (Read 876 times)
Ivanhoe (OP)

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:34:07 PM

Is it possible to safe a whole topic in some kind of text file? And if yes, how?
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 03:55:07 PM

There are various method to do so, for example you can always use PageNest tool. It will allow you to copy whole websites on your disk.
It Will copy either the page, or the entire site (whichever you prefer) to your hard disk. It will create an exact copy of what you see in your browser including the text, html, images and css. http://pagenest.com/
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 04:32:40 PM

It would be nice if the forum itself had some kind of export.  If you have to save a bunch of html files you're going to get all the page header stuff at the top of each page, links to your account and other stuff that's not relevant for archiving a thread or making a text version of a thread.

I've also thought the same thing about my post history, it's many pages long and if I wanted to "export it" by just saving the html from my browser I'd have to do a lot of cleaning to get down to just the parts that I wrote.
Ivanhoe (OP)

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 05:37:08 PM

There are various method to do so, for example you can always use PageNest tool. It will allow you to copy whole websites on your disk.
It Will copy either the page, or the entire site (whichever you prefer) to your hard disk. It will create an exact copy of what you see in your browser including the text, html, images and css. http://pagenest.com/
Thanks for thinking along, the problem with this solution however is that the topic i want to copy has more than 1000 pages and in don't want the whole of bitcointalk.org on my computer.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 06:48:55 AM

Try also and httrack I used it from time to time nice little app you might want to try this too.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2015, 08:45:46 AM

Thanks for thinking along, the problem with this solution however is that the topic i want to copy has more than 1000 pages and in don't want the whole of bitcointalk.org on my computer.

I know its an old topic and you might have solution already, but you can use the print link (top right) and print it as PDF file or copy pasta it elsewhere.

-> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1167244.0

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: