Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:06:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Going to use profit I made via BTC to raise awareness!  (Read 730 times)
Trance (OP)

Activity: 551
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:12:15 AM

to raise awareness about BTC, paying a company to make a giant banner to fly alongside of the beaches of Florida's gulf coast in order to raise awareness, but should I post Jason King's non-profits QR code or make my own nonprofit to preserve ocean life? (recently got certified to ocean water Scuba dive and I'm disgusted with the amounts of trash in the waters, something needs to be done and talking about it isn't doing a dam thing!)

Please post wonderful advice and also your wallet address for donations!

Some people are so poor ALL they have is money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nikolai the Barber

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:15:18 AM

Isn't there better ways to promote btc than this? What if no body sees the banner. Could be a waste of money. I'd try think of other options that can benefit bitcoin and the oceans.
tadakaluri

Activity: 616

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 10:29:26 AM

Other than banner, why don't you use Big Round Air Balloon with Bitcoin promotional slogans on it? Air Balloon can viewed by many people than a banner.

My Bitcoin wallet: 18rNmzKU71KKeZ9SEdWpUdHGWRA3huoJMC
Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 10:59:17 AM

Isn't there better ways to promote btc than this? What if no body sees the banner. Could be a waste of money. I'd try think of other options that can benefit bitcoin and the oceans.

My friend advertises his fishing charter flying by only 10 times per day and is making bank just from tourists seeing that in the sky!

Now think about the fella that posted a QR code in the background of a Live NFL game saying "In college send Bitcoins" (posted his QR code) made 250,000

Now imagine if that same exposure and confrontational donations went towards a greater good for this world.. before we destroy it and head off to Mars with SpaceX..

Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:00:57 AM

Other than banner, why don't you use Big Round Air Balloon with Bitcoin promotional slogans on it? Air Balloon can viewed by many people than a banner.

The air balloon would not work because we are too close to a VERY VERY significant and large Air Force Base and it would be hard keeping it at the correct altitudes..

I think the banner with QR code would be great, especially above the city coined to be known as "bitcoin city"

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20141208006137/en/Madeira-Beach-Official-Bitcoin-Beach-Anticipation-Bitcoin#.VeWFYJfvmzU

Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:02:39 AM

To be honest the video footage people would post online and the SEO hashtagging marketing would give it good exposure but Ill talk to my father whos a pilot and see whats feasible in this situation! I just want to have BTC contribute to those in need, right now everyone i know is STILL doubting bitcoin due to the fucking Mt.Gox scam which i still have a VERY hard time understanding what exactly is going on besides "we got hacked" yeah bullshit Mark is a fucking thief! (potentially)

ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:04:04 AM

Great move, through action like this bitcoin will get into the masses. We need good marketing like OP suggested.  If you have the funds you should build your own non profit so you know where the money actually goes to.
Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:08:51 AM

Great move, through action like this bitcoin will get into the masses. We need good marketing like OP suggested.  If you have the funds you should build your own non profit so you know where the money actually goes to.

I will call the Cyber-Donate I will file my NPO paperwork with my attorney this week!

Keep the GREAT feedback coming! ( dont forget to post your BTC address for that occasional generous donation Wink

Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:09:48 AM

Perhaps you can do some t shirts or merchandise?

Then your ad's can go roaming around the world.

Something cool on the front and "Save the ocean!" on the back with a QR or something similar.

Good luck,

Phil

Trance (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:21:08 AM

Perhaps you can do some t shirts or merchandise?

Then your ad's can go roaming around the world.

Something cool on the front and "Save the ocean!" on the back with a QR or something similar.

Good luck,

Phil

my friend tried that, people just never end up wearing them.

deon

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 11:36:38 AM

Great idea.  Ocean preservation sounds good.  People love animals/dolphins too.  I notice that on reddit.  Feel good story about bitcoin people help ocean life might be picked up by reddit and quickly followed by news organizations.
kromtar

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

contracorriente

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:01:55 PM

Very nice idea, will be amazing a flying plane with a bitcoin tail in some beach full of people.

Some years ago that was very popular in almost all spanish beach to promote things, and everyone always point at the plane trying to see the message.

can't even clean my ass with fiat Sad
okae
Legendary

Activity: 1401
Merit: 1008

northern exposure

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 12:32:40 PM

oh i remember when this happend more often here on my country, i mean aflying plane with a banner to fly alongside of the beaches.

i really think is a great idea, i wish you the best with it! Smiley

My Bitcoin wallet: 18UhQwUBTnmj8crPVSV3mko9ENEHirR1h9

IMHO #1.b of suspects, Hal Finney is/was S.N.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:48:24 PM

You should make a banner with QR code and donate the proceedings to preserve the ocean life. In this way, this will be two great causes in one. First, you will raise a Bitcoin awareness and second, you will actually donate for the wonderful cause.

Just make sure to fly a plane on a super hot day when beaches are full alongside Florida's Gulf coast. Smiley
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 12:49:40 PM

to raise awareness about BTC, paying a company to make a giant banner to fly alongside of the beaches of Florida's gulf coast in order to raise awareness, but should I post Jason King's non-profits QR code or make my own nonprofit to preserve ocean life? (recently got certified to ocean water Scuba dive and I'm disgusted with the amounts of trash in the waters, something needs to be done and talking about it isn't doing a dam thing!)

Please post wonderful advice and also your wallet address for donations!

How would your nonprofit preserve ocean life? Will you be giving people ownership of sections of the ocean to have control over and maintain with the incentive to keep their own property clean?

Or are you creating a sinkhole of money to "raise awareness" about ocean pollution?

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
mercistheman

Activity: 378

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 01:37:46 PM

Go with a method that folks can see more than one time... unique repetition sells.
TinEye

Activity: 639

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 02:09:59 PM

Very nice idea, will be amazing a flying plane with a bitcoin tail in some beach full of people.

Some years ago that was very popular in almost all spanish beach to promote things, and everyone always point at the plane trying to see the message.

i doubt it will work anymore, people tend to want soemthing new everytime, they get boring quickly with the same stuff
something that may work now would be a tip thing for doing selfie, which is a major stuff going on at the moment

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
rubberbandloser

Activity: 20

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2015, 08:23:26 PM

I like the idea of the plane.  What about investing in a bitcoin ATM?  That could get people into trying it out.

ashour

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:34:26 PM

I will call the Cyber-Donate I will file my NPO paperwork with my attorney this week!

Keep the GREAT feedback coming! ( dont forget to post your BTC address for that occasional generous donation Wink

Great to hear that, keep up updated on your process. Maybe build a website so people can follow all the recent news of your non profit.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:43:21 PM

Publicise a bitcoin treasure hunt event?

Or some kind of challenges with an objective to complete. Maybe with a secret learning point in there so they learn something as they complete the task.

Maybe one day even exchange ocean junk for bitcoin, nice dream. how practical I'm not sure.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: