Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:31:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How localbitcoins work? I want to buy something but what should i consider...  (Read 703 times)
smith coins (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:36:17 AM

Hi guys,

I am going to buy a laptop through localbitcoin but i am afraid to deal there.

1. What should i consider before buying there.

2. Is there any escrow?

3. If the seller ships a rock and the tracking says delivered what will happen?

4. Or if the product is not the same as advertised?

I am really confused, could you please help me.
Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sapholard

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:30:51 PM

1.look at the different sellers avaible with good feedback and lowest price and always check negative feedback they had

2 .yes they do provide escorw service with good support

3.better to choose sellers whose  orders from big's like amAZon,walmart etc

4.if you are confused or tensed then trade for gift cards and buy yourself
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:34:16 PM

you can find your ask at
https://localbitcoins.com/faq
smith coins (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 12:35:29 PM

1.look at the different sellers avaible with good feedback and lowest price and always check negative feedback they had

2 .yes they do provide escorw service with good support

3.better to choose sellers whose  orders from big's like amAZon,walmart etc

4.if you are confused or tensed then trade for gift cards and buy yourself

It has 24 confirmed deals with 5 participants. I see people buy these kind of accounts also the feedback are worthless maybe?
The seller is a sr.member here (Which still can be bought that too).
If i choose an escrow from here, how can we deal for the 3. and 4. ?
Nami

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 06:24:21 PM

I recommend to enable escrow for all transactions.

Its sorta confusing at 1st, but you`ll get the hang of it. Def. see the volume transactions they done.

But every transaction I have done was for bitcoin. Not for a laptop though.. if it feels funny i`d just pass the deal.
smith coins (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 08:14:54 PM

Its sorta confusing at 1st, but you`ll get the hang of it. Def. see the volume transactions they done.

But every transaction I have done was for bitcoin. Not for a laptop though.. if it feels funny i`d just pass the deal.

The volume don't know wasn't high but since these account are sold i don't trust anything there.
No there is nothing funny but it is just unbelievable to trade through localbitcoins for anything else than bitcoin.
And now the localbitcoins website doesnt work.
malphite

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 11:17:17 PM

The volume don't know wasn't high but since these account are sold i don't trust anything there.
No there is nothing funny but it is just unbelievable to trade through localbitcoins for anything else than bitcoin.
And now the localbitcoins website doesnt work.

The site seems to be going off and on.

Seems they have a hosting issues they most likely will fix, but as for the comment on buying stuff why not just use escrow on this forum instead of that site?
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 04:30:58 AM

It's like Craigslist but the meets are likely to have a higher risk of incidents or theft because you're buying currency....there's only cash or money at the transaction, it's not like someone's selling furniture. There have been reported thefts from localbitcoins meet-ups.

Be careful. Know the area you're going to. Bring some back up!

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 04:59:15 AM

It's like Craigslist but the meets are likely to have a higher risk of incidents or theft because you're buying currency....there's only cash or money at the transaction, it's not like someone's selling furniture. There have been reported thefts from localbitcoins meet-ups.

Be careful. Know the area you're going to. Bring some back up!

If you meet in person do it in a very populated place.  A lot of cell phones can do wifi access points so location is easy to do.   And ONLY bring how much you are selling or amount for how much your buying.

I personally have stuck with exchanges.  I don't care to do in person BTC sales myself.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 05:07:56 AM

If you are in the US watch for undercover Homeland Security agents, confidential informants and cooperating witnesses.  They will be the ones video and audio taping your transaction.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:59:10 AM

If you are in the US watch for undercover Homeland Security agents, confidential informants and cooperating witnesses.  They will be the ones video and audio taping your transaction.

But there are also many other payment options out there on localbitcoins.com. Besides meet in person option. There is literally every available payment method possible today in the world that they offer on localbitcoins, especially if you live in a big US city. So you can do a research and chose what suits you the best.

Just trade with the people with impeccable trust rate and a lot of trades and you will be OK. These are the people that have a lot to lose if they scan, so they probably won't be scamming at all.
smith coins (OP)

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:16:16 AM

Thank you guys for the comments. I haven't dealt with him so it's finished now.
What i worry is that he send me localbitcoins invoice for a laptop? Secondly if i have to meet with him i would pay there or in cash. So it is like pickups no need for escrow and other things.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: