Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:30:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it possible to run a Bitcoin Node on a Webhost?  (Read 552 times)
Sarthak (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 501

Error 404: there seems to be nothing here.

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 04:30:25 PM

Hi everyone  Grin
I don't know if the question sounds stupid. But, is it possible to run a bitcoin node on a webhost? If yes, how? Can anyone guide me? Smiley
Here are some features of the webhost:
Features :

Unlimited Disk Space
    Unlimited Bandwidth
    Unlimited Subdomains
    Unlimited FTP accounts
    Unlimited Addon domains
    Unlimited Parked domains
    Frontpage Extension
    Auto Installer

Thanks Smiley

BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1605
Merit: 1568

精神分析的爸

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 07:57:06 PM

I would say no. You would at least need shell access and the ISP's TOS should allow you to run other programs which most web hosts don't.

Better get a VPS if you want to run a full node.

HTH

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 03:56:56 AM

I would say no. You would at least need shell access and the ISP's TOS should allow you to run other programs which most web hosts don't.

Better get a VPS if you want to run a full node.

HTH

If you use a VPS you for sure could.  Cheapest is if you do linux on most.  Windows on some has extra fee's for license. 

But yes you can get a pretty cheap VPS and make a full node.  You also could run one at home on a raspberry pi or something.  Overtime a raspberry pi likely is to be cheaper as so little electricity vs vps costs.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 07:28:46 PM

it usually depends on what server is installed on the webhost. a usual php server does not work, but if the webhoster has java or c++ installed then you could install a node there. i recommend digitalocean.com
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 06:25:05 AM

you can run your own vps, by creating a VM and adding a vpn to it for anonimity if you want, if anonimity isn't a problem a simple vm can do it
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: