Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Mega Millions/Powerball Pool!  (Read 446 times)
Bloddsvik (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:04:15 PM

Would anyone be interested in joining/starting a Mega Millions/Powerball Pool for Bitcoin users?

We'll work up a contract for everyone to sign, the pool president will buy the tickets for each draw, scan and e-mail the tickets to each participant.

Perhaps a cap on the number of entries at say 50 participants per draw.

Think of it like an office pool except with fellow bitcoin users. Imagine the publicity for bitcoin if our pool won.

If you are interested respond and if atleast 10 people respond i'll work up a framework for the pool.

Grin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shadow2288

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:13:49 PM

I could do this. If necessary and have someone hold bitcoins till tickets are scanned and sent........however.........the amount of legality and anonymity with bitcoin will make people probably not want to know there real identity this may not be a good ploy.
Bloddsvik (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:15:55 PM

We could use a reputable escrow service to send all pool funds to for each draw if anyone is worried about the legitimacy.

After all tickets are scanned and e-mailed for proof of purchase, funds would be released by escrow to the pool ticket buyer for reimbursement.

Am I the only one who feels that we can win a jackpot?

You can either pick your own numbers or do a QP. No limit on how many tickets you can buy for the pool per draw.

If a bunch of factory workers from wherever can do it, so can we.

Shocked
shadow2288

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:22:10 PM

Its just not feasible i dont think
Bloddsvik (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:22:31 PM

I could do this. If necessary and have someone hold bitcoins till tickets are scanned and sent........however.........the amount of legality and anonymity with bitcoin will make people probably not want to know there real identity this may not be a good ploy.

Alright, then if we win a jackpot or 2nd tier jackpot we wouldn't have to tell anyone the pool originated with bitcoins, we can keep that confidential or work up a different story.

When we win lower tiered prizes we can have a referendum to vote on for all participants, on whether to split the winnings or have them re-invested in the pool to try for the jackpot.
Bloddsvik (OP)

View Profile
September 01, 2015, 05:29:35 PM

Its just not feasible i dont think

Why not?

I think it's pretty simple really.

Could at the very least give it a try.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: