Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 12:51:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Megathread] SHIBANU Physical Dogecoin!!! - 4 sets left at clear out prices!  (Read 12131 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:11:26 PM

Payment sent for my reserved pack of  5 + 1 numbered.

Thanx again & best wishes with your sales  Wink

Kind regards.
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:30:31 PM

If anyone in the USA wants to split a 10 pack let me know. I am willing to do a small group order if enough are interested.

Can I still get in on the order??

I think we need at least 20. I am in for 5.

I'm in for 5 as well. Cheesy

Great. A few more people in the USA wanting to join the groupbuy and we can order. I am waiting on a shipping quote. PM me if you want in on a small USA groupbuy. If Blazedout419 is still offering organize a small group buy, then I am happy to hand this back over to him. I am in for 5 unless we need a few more for a bigger discount. Otherwise, let's try to wrap this up in the next day or so.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 01:42:55 PM

If anyone in the USA wants to split a 10 pack let me know. I am willing to do a small group order if enough are interested.

Great. A few more people in the USA wanting to join the groupbuy and we can order. I am waiting on a shipping quote. PM me if you want in on a small USA groupbuy. If Blazedout419 is still offering organize a small group buy, then I am happy to hand this back over to him. I am in for 5 unless we need a few more for a bigger discount. Otherwise, let's try to wrap this up in the next day or so.

You can handle it..I want a few myself. Put me down for 3 of them please.
Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:06:18 PM
Last edit: September 05, 2015, 06:34:19 PM by Pistachio

You can handle it..I want a few myself. Put me down for 3 of them please.

Sounds good. I have you down for 3. Anyone else interested PM me.

Edit: I will start a separate thread for the USA groupbuy. There are about 15 coins left if anyone wants to join.

Edit2: Order has been placed. There are still 15 coins up for grabs for USA/Canada buyers who want to save on shipping. You pay for shipping within USA/Canada plus a flat rate per coin. PM me for details. If there are any left over after the holiday weekend, I will create a thread for the groupbuy. Escrow always accepted.

Edit3 [https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171528.msg12335433#msg12335433
SHIBANU (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 09:26:16 PM

All current orders have been packed and are ready to be dispatched.
Below is a photo of the back of the coins as requested by one member via PM.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 11:49:15 AM

All current orders have been packed and are ready to be dispatched.
Below is a photo of the back of the coins as requested by one member via PM.

Is that a 1cm depression for the private key? It looks like the guide here http://cryptoimperator.com/en/diy-guide/ would work for these coins as well. I would just add that it is much easier to use masking tape to pick up and position the hologram.
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:55:37 PM
Last edit: September 04, 2015, 09:31:05 AM by SHIBANU

Is that a 1cm depression for the private key? It looks like the guide here http://cryptoimperator.com/en/diy-guide/ would work for these coins as well. I would just add that it is much easier to use masking tape to pick up and position the hologram.

That is a 12mm recessed area for the private key insert. The guide you have linked above will work for our coins, although we are working on our own guide which we'll post in this thread.
Any circular insert up to 12mm in diameter will fit in our coin.

Thanks for the helpful link and advice Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 08:47:51 AM

can you be more specific on the "GOLD PLATING" part?

Is it the entire coin that is gold plated?

If so, what purity of gold?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 09:33:13 AM

can you be more specific on the "GOLD PLATING" part?

Is it the entire coin that is gold plated?

If so, what purity of gold?

The entire coin was dipped and is gold plated.
To be completely honest, we paid out supplier for 24k gold plating, however, we didn't have any way to test this, so we didn't want to specify 24k without having any proof of this.

If someone knows of a why in which this can be tested, we'd gladly listen or even send a sample to a trusted member who can test it out.

Thanks Smiley
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:35:07 AM

I'm very surprised how cheap the coins are being sold at if they are in fact dipped completely in 24k gold.

Shocked

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:44:46 AM

I'm very surprised how cheap the coins are being sold at if they are in fact dipped completely in 24k gold.

Shocked

I stand under correction but I don't think they were completely dipped in melted gold as such but rather a solution with gold ions, which then gets deposited on the coin because of the cathode/anode thing.

Dipping in pure melted gold is expensive, and at least to my knowledge somewhat uncommon.

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 11:22:03 AM

Shocked

I stand under correction but I don't think they were completely dipped in melted gold as such but rather a solution with gold ions, which then gets deposited on the coin because of the cathode/anode thing.

Dipping in pure melted gold is expensive, and at least to my knowledge somewhat uncommon.

Thanks for helping us clarify this.
The coins were plated using a common process known as electroplating. This process uses electrolysis to deposit ions suspended in a solution on the coin (as explained above).
There are some pretty good descriptions online about how electroplating works, but if you have any more questions, please feel free to post here or send us a message.

Thanks Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 09:29:27 PM

Most orders have been shipped. Larger orders are shipping on Monday. Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 12:03:22 AM

Are the 100 prototypes part of the 500 minted??
or was this a test run??

Thanks

The simple answer is no. We minted 500 normal coins (although less than 500 will actually be sold).
The 100 prototypes were coins we never planned on releasing. They were made in error and we had to buy them from a manufacturer we were working with originally.

I hope that helps explain Smiley
acharias

Activity: 209
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:11:19 AM

Can you post a picture of the limited edition?
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:45:41 PM

Are the 100 prototypes part of the 500 minted??
or was this a test run??

Thanks

The simple answer is no. We minted 500 normal coins (although less than 500 will actually be sold).
The 100 prototypes were coins we never planned on releasing. They were made in error and we had to buy them from a manufacturer we were working with originally.

I hope that helps explain Smiley

Yes. Very good.
Thank you much.

Is there a difference in the coins since they were made by different manufacturers??
Even a small one. (say maybe the composition was 85/15 of various metals and now it's 80/20)

I would say there are perhaps a couple of small differences, but nothing drastic. As far as I remember there was a small change to the coin thickness which may have effected the weight of the coin.
I could be mistaken but I'll have someone look into it.
With regards to metals, both are pretty similar although we paid for 24k gold plating for the official coin (please see posts above with regards to this).

The other differences are more aesthetic. The finish of the coins is very different and so is the quality. As pointed out earlier, the design itself changed. Additionally, the prototype coin features a square recessed area for a private key whereas the other coins have a circular insert slot.

Can you post a picture of the limited edition?

There is a photo of this coin in the second post of this thread.

Thanks Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 10:36:04 PM

A few updates:
•Firstly, it seems that the thread photos have been disabled and displayed as links due to new forum rules. They'll be back to normal once we become Jr members on here...
•Secondly, we are in the progress of releasing our website. The site will solely be for information purposes at this time. Orders will be accepted both here and on Noobie.io
•With regards to our listing on Noobie.io, with thanks to their incredible team we have been trying to solve the past issue of the shipping charge error. We will test it tomorrow and hopefully by then it'll be working flawlessly.
•Our DIY guide should be released shortly. We're trying to make it simple and quite fun at the same time Smiley
•Lastly, all orders have shipped (with the exception of one that's going out tomorrow). So, what are you waiting for? We're accepting new orders Smiley
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2015, 07:37:24 AM

I've been busy and slacking with BitcoinTalk lately, but these look pretty sweet and I'd be interested in picking one up sometime, if anybody in the US has an extra they'd sell or trade for.

•Firstly, it seems that the thread photos have been disabled and displayed as links due to new forum rules. They'll be back to normal once we become Jr members on here...

Unless there are new forum rules that I'm not aware of (which there probably are), I would just try posting them again but hosted from Imgur.com. Imgur hosted photos work great here, while other hosting sites usually show up as a banned image link. Even if you can't post the photos again until you are a Jr. Member, I recommend remembering to use Imgur. I don't know why so many other hosting sites get blocked here, they just do.

Also- Welcome to the forum and nice work on the coins! Looking forward to picking one up sometime.

Pistachio
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:27:46 AM

I've been busy and slacking with BitcoinTalk lately, but these look pretty sweet and I'd be interested in picking one up sometime, if anybody in the US has an extra they'd sell or trade for.

There are 3 left in the groupbuy. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1171528.msg12335433#msg12335433
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:01:13 PM

I have received my Shibanu's coins today . they're just beautiful. Thanx   Grin
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: