Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:36:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Megathread] SHIBANU Physical Dogecoin!!! - 4 sets left at clear out prices!  (Read 12144 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:23:57 PM

I have received my Shibanu's coins today . they're just beautiful. Thanx   Grin

Did you get one of the prototypes??
And if so, how do the 2 coins compare and what is the quality??
Pics??

Thank you.....  can't wait for mine Cheesy
i will take some pics and i'll upload them ..

-The "regulars" coins are just beautiful.. the holo too.

- for the numbered ones:  there's a real difference with the regulars.. and have some little imperfections .. ( look the dog .. )   i definitively prefer the regulars..  Wink
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:32:27 PM

so:  on the left the regular coin  &  on the right , the numbered one.

( sorry for the poor quality of picture, ..; i have to take that with my phone..)

Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:49:26 PM

They seem like they are slightly different sizes??

The right one is the regular??

You can see the number engraved in the lower middle section of the one on the right. Thanks for the pics defcon23.
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:51:39 PM

They seem like they are slightly different sizes??

The right one is the regular??
 the right is the numbered one.

and no , they are exactly same size...  it's a very bad pic.. sorry  Roll Eyes

You can see the number engraved in the lower middle section of the one on the right. Thanks for the pics defcon23.
  yes Pistachio  Wink  & you're really welcome !

Edit:  ho.. i forgot to mention  this :  i my pack , there was one missing holo..  i had contacted the op to explain, and i received an immediate answer in regard of this little issue:

Ok.
Sorry about this. We will get a replacement hologram sent out in the post to you soon.

Thanks

so Thanx again to the OP for his good work !  + 1 for you.
SHIBANU (OP)

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 05:12:27 PM

Glad the coins arrived Smiley
We are still accepting orders. Feel free to PM us or use the link to our listing in the OP.
The shipping error has been sorted and should now work fine.

Please also follow us on Twitter: @SHIBANU_
We'll be using social networks to promote discounts and promotions in the future Smiley
Pistachio
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 06:06:40 PM

Coins arrived in good order. Thanks for the fast shipping.

SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 10, 2015, 09:12:49 PM

Wow! That was quick Smiley
We are still taking orders.
Check out our listing on Noobie.io. Shipping information has now been fixed Smiley

https://noobie.io/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=656
defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 06:47:15 AM

another point i have forgot to mentioned:

the back of the numbered coins  is different, for the holo place.. with a quater instead of a smallest circle for the regulars coins..

look:

and this is the regulars  back .. :

SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 01:45:16 PM

the back of the numbered coins  is different, for the holo place.. with a quater instead of a smallest circle for the regulars coins..

That is probably one of the biggest differences.
Should we make a second series of coins we may actually use a square private key insert to also allow us to use QR codes.

Obviously that'll mean creating a new hologram so it will only be viable once we sell out of these coins...

defcon23
Legendary

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 04:47:14 PM

That is probably one of the biggest differences.
Should we make a second series of coins we may actually use a square private key insert to also allow us to use QR codes.

Obviously that'll mean creating a new hologram so it will only be viable once we sell out of these coins...

yeah , i personaly prefer having a better place  like square instead of a small 1cm circle  to put a private key and (or) a QR code ..  Grin  

anyway thanx again for clarifications  Wink  i will vote for a serie 2  too !!

edit:
OP ,  just a suggestion:
what about adding a poll on this specific question in this trhead... ?
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 12:25:53 AM

Very cool coin. Best way to purchase is through the noobie.io link?
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 04:10:31 PM

Very cool coin. Best way to purchase is through the noobie.io link?

You can use the site to place an order for as many coins as you'd like
We charge the same shipping fee for up to 5 coins whereby any more than 5 you'd be charged for 2 shipments. However, we can offer couriers for larger orders.
We also give special pricing for orders based on quantity so if you intend on buying more than 10 coins do send us a PM Smiley.

Regarding a series 2, we think that it will only be possible once all these coins sell. Having been said, we've got some crazy ideas that we hope we can bring to reality should demand for it be sufficient.

SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 11:21:33 PM

You know you want (at least) one of these.
We'll be stopping orders temporarily next week (holiday) so be sure to get your orders in now for fast despatch Smiley
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 10:51:17 PM

Needless to say this is not really acceptable. All my coins have a film that needed to be polished off I think from the holders they were, in which is frustrating. The #'d coin I got was shipped in a different holder that resembled cigarette cellophane, which I'm not sure if this was a good thing so It wasn't pre-waxed in oils or neglectful to package the most valuable coin the poorest. Every coin has obvious imperfections to the naked eye (chips, swirls, scratches) While this one even has some DOGE poop on it ..Womp womp

We are terrible sorry about this.
We make sure that all the coins we send are in good condition so I'm not sure what happened here.
We agree that the coin pictured is unacceptable and we'd gladly replace it for you at no cost. Please PM us your address and we'll get one shipped out to you.

With regards to the other coins, some will have some small marks/scratches as those came about during the manufacturing process. There's not a lot we can do about that but we try to ensure that only coins we deem acceptable are shipped out.

We do not categorise any of our coins as the rarest of them all. The prototype coins you are most probably speaking of are included in larger orders as a token of appreciation. We never planned on releasing them as therefore they come packaged as they were direct from the manufacturer.

Anyway, please do send us a PM. We are really sorry about this and hope we can help you sort this out.

Thanks
IBGigglin
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:11:50 PM

Sounds good. Thanks. Appreciate it.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
snarlpill

Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 11:11:58 PM

I received 2 Shibanu Dogecoins from a trade with Pistachio and I must say I really like them! They look great, and they're honestly much nicer than I had expected. The only thing I noticed about my 2 coins is that there were 1 or 2 slight fingerprints on them, but that didn't really bother me. However, this is sometimes a common occurrence with a new crypto coin maker's first batch of coins (even Mike C. handled the earlier Casascius coins by hand). I would recommend handling the coins with vinyl/latex gloves in the future (on the next batch maybe) when assembling them or putting them into flips while packaging orders.

About the film residue on the coin flips that IBGigglin mentioned- while I cannot comment on that because I don't know the details of the situation nor am I involved with it in anyway, I will say that I ship coins in Non-PVC "Archival Safe" flips that I buy from JPsCorner.com. Even though these are supposedly some of the best flips for long-term storage of coins without any damage being caused by bad plastic/PVC, I have noticed several times that they come with some sort of oily-looking residue inside. I know they are good flips with good ratings by coin experts, so I don't really worry about it too much.

I took a few pics of the coins as well I will try to post them to the thread when I have time!

IBGigglin
Legendary

Merit: 1006

BCH Advocate.

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:13:28 PM

Ive removed my complaint. Alot of it was frustration and the one damaged coin is what made me mention it but if they say they will help make it right. Good on them. Thanks.

Im baaaack! Looking for sig campaign. DM me if interested.
SHIBANU (OP)

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:21:43 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 11:32:30 PM by SHIBANU

Thank you for your helpful posts.
We are really sorry about this.
We ask that everyone please remove their coins from their flips to prevent any damage. (Unfortunately it seems we didn't et everything right. We are new at this).
We are trying to work on sending out free replacement holders for all the coins.

Thank you for your support.
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 11:38:09 PM

Thank you for your helpful posts.
We are really sorry about this.
We ask that everyone please remove their coins from their flips to prevent any damage. (Unfortunately it seems we didn't et everything right. We are new at this).
We are trying to work on sending out free replacement holders for all the coins.

Thank you for your support.

Nice to see good after sales customer support, well done Smiley.
snarlpill

Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 11:48:11 PM

Ive removed my complaint. Alot of it was frustration and the one damaged coin is what made me mention it but if they say they will help make it right. Good on them. Thanks.

Hey, I'm not mad at ya at all. I would have definitely mentioned the brown streak on the one coin as well. Most decent & respectable coin/bullion dealers will always replace a damaged or scratched coin, etc. And it looks like Shibanu is doing just that so it seems Shibanu is starting off on the right track with solid customer service as hedgy73 said! Good on them.

I'd be looking to buy a few more singles soon if anyone in the US has a couple they'd want to part with. Will probably be in a week or two, but feel free to PM early.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: